What Happens If Dna Suggests Sasquatch Have Bred With Humans?

Guest shoot1

Guest shoot1

I saw a comment on BFevidence that made a good point. If DNA suggests Sasquatch have raped human women, then what happens to them? The comment suggests they'll be exterminated, and that idea made me think two things. First, yes, that will happen even if the government tries to prevent it. It would be open season on them, year round. Second, there have been conspiracy theories suggesting the gov't already knows about them. Assuming this is true (just for arguments sake) - maybe that problem - Sasquatch being hunted down mercilessly - is the reason it's been covered up.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I do not think DNA evidence can prove that this was the case. It can only prove that humans interbred with some other species, which we already knew, although science does not know of this particular species...I think that we will find they have interbred with humans, but it is anyone's guess as to whether it was willingly, which is what I was getting at...For an entire population, I would say they interbreeding would have to be relatively significant in number...Just my guess though, but I think it is logical.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Hey maybe we should hunt ourselves down mercilessly, since we've done way worse. Punishing all Sasquatch because of the actions of a few bad apples seems plain crazy.

I'd say 15-25 years in a maximum security facility.

Also, mandatory registration as a sex offender. This may limit the territory in which they will be allowed to reside.

It has been open season on sasquatch since before the establishment of closed seasons. If bigfoots have managed to live alongside humans all this time without a single carcass coming to light, why would they suddenly be at risk from human hunting now?

(I would consider "because now people will be looking for them" to be a nonsense answer.)

Guest gershake

(I would consider "because now people will be looking for them" to be a nonsense answer.)

Would you elaborate a bit on that?

- Shake :)

Guest MikeG

The title includes an implied fallacy.

You can't prove rape by DNA alone......you have to understand the circumstance, and prove that the ...erm......attention.........was unwelcome. I guess you also have to establish criminal responsibility. I'm about as far from being a lawyer as it is possible to be, yet I reckon I could still have a good chance of successfully proving in court that a sasquatch doesn't have criminal responsibility!

Mike

Guest shoot1

Hey maybe we should hunt ourselves down mercilessly, since we've done way worse. Punishing all Sasquatch because of the actions of a few bad apples seems plain crazy.

We're talking about humans... as if we don't already go around killing each other for nothing.

It has been open season on sasquatch since before the establishment of closed seasons. If bigfoots have managed to live alongside humans all this time without a single carcass coming to light, why would they suddenly be at risk from human hunting now?

okay, I'll bite.

Because now people will be hunting them, with newfound knowledge that they do exist and - eventually - published information on how to find them, in an organized fashion for the explicit purpose of exterminating them.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Is there any genetic evidence that Neanderthals and Denisovans interbreed with humans in the past? I think genetists are still working to find the answer,.

Other evidence we have, may be anecdothical or foklorical.

1. A few stories about Almasties interbreeding with humans in the Caucasus.

2. Some authors (some with very curious beliefs) have suggested that satyrs in Ancient Greece were indeed, apemen. There was the common story of satyrs assaulting women.. and some ceramic vases (which sometimes, are not openly shown to the public) had scenes of satyrs interbreeding with humans and other animals (deer, cattle)..

3. Native american legends about some Bigfoot-like creature stealing a woman from some tribe. Some folklore books of central american legends depicted specifically Sisimites as "rapists".

4. These legends also were similar to the "monkey-spouse" legend, which seems to be a popular story some centuries ago. There are many variants, but basically, it tells the story of a woman that procreated some children with some ape creature.

I think that we still ignore many things that happened on the Pleistocene and at the moment, we have more questions that answers.. How does these many species of apemen evolved? How does the genus Homo emerged? (remember that humans were not the only ones from these genus), how does Yowies, Bigfoot and Yetis (if they really exist) fit on the evolutionary tree? Did the so-called "Neanderthaloids" (Almasties, Kaptars, Woodewasa, Nguoi.Rungs) are indeed, hominids that survived the extinction of their kin until historical times?

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Guest MikeG
Because now people will be hunting them......... in an organized fashion for the explicit purpose of exterminating them.

Really?

What on earth makes you think that?

Mike

Guest BFSleuth

Is there any genetic evidence that Neanderthals and Denisovans interbreed with humans in the past? I think genetists are still working to find the answer,.

Denisovan DNA:

New Type of Ancient Human Found - Descendants Live Today?, National Geographic, 12/22/10

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/12/101222-new-human-species-dna-nature-science-evolution-fossil-finger/

DNA Turning Human Story Into a Tell-All, New York Times, 1/30/12

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/science/gains-in-dna-are-speeding-research-into-human-origins.html?pagewanted=all

Meet the Denisovans, Deccan Herald, 5/18/12

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/125965/ipl-2012.html

Neanderthal DNA

Study: Neanderthal DNA Lives On in Modern Humans, Time Science, 5/8/10

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1987568,00.html

Neanderthals, Humans Interbred - First Solid DNA Evidence, National Geographic, 5/6/10

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100506-science-neanderthals-humans-mated-interbred-dna-gene/

All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm, Discovery News, 5/18/11

http://news.discovery.com/human/genetics-neanderthal-110718.html

Guest shoot1

Really?

What on earth makes you think that?

Mike

Simply the human propensity for violence. i.e. "Them things been rapin' our women so Joe -Bob and me is fixin' to go down to Walmart and put some shotguns on lay-away."

I think conflict over and with bigfoot is very likely to occur.

Once the public becomes aware of them these issues are just a start.

Are they dangerous? Are they a threat?

Do people feel threatened by them for any one of a number of reasons?

Do they or don't they prey on people?

Are they or are they not responsible for some missing people?

Do they lurk on the edge of our communities?

Are they responsible for livestock and other property losses?

Are they endangered?

What are their rights?

What are their rights compared to those of humans?

Can they be hunted?

Etc.

With regard to bearing bigfoot's children, there are actually people in our society who are crazy enough to seek out the opportunity.

The DNA could just as easily suggest that women raped male sasquatches too. Or it might suggest that human males raped a female sasquatches. Or It might also suggest the sex was consensual. I hope you can read between the lines...

Guest shoot1

The DNA could just as easily suggest that women raped male sasquatches too. Or it might suggest that human males raped a female sasquatches. Or It might also suggest the sex was consensual. I hope you can read between the lines...

I can and you can, but the people we have to worry about will not. I've been frightened by them twice, but after many years of contemplation I've come to the conclusion that if I was ever in any actual danger then I would have been dead a long time ago, so based upon that I feel comfortable saying that these things are not always dangerous . I'm not sure about the hybrid/rape issue, but I think if there is any merit to it at all then these things will be slaughtered regardless of how rare that is. Edited by shoot1