Bigfoot Experts

Guest drtracr

Good point, So if I was to get lets say twenty BF researchers together in a room and showed them an hour long video. That would be close up and clear of a swamp Ape, and also showed them pictures of the same Swamp Ape. Your saying that would not be enough to prove without a doubt they are real. Then is what your saying is a body is the only proof that will be accepted?

No, sorry. It would not be proof. It's not the BF "researchers" that need the proof. Show the film to a room full of scientists, wildlife experts and film experts. Even though it's not proof, it may get science "interested".

Edited by JohnCartwright

We collectively are the "expert". The nature of the board and its greatly differing views leaves no angle on a subject unexplored. Critical thinking or good faith effort at it, really does answer the questions.

We each have areas we know well as it relates to BF research. That extends to both sides of the viewpoint on BF's existence. So by that standard we all can get some credit and deservedly so. As well as pointing out that there is no "individual" expert on this subject.

I have worked to increase my knowledge on this subject for years. From studying Native culture and history to actively out looking in the field. Like many I am sure, I have read almost every source of information I can find on this subject. I have my own working hypothesis on the animal. The testing of the hypothesis has led to the collection of physical evidence. I hope to further test this and obtain video evidence of superior quality.

There is a human drama involved in the affair too. The stigma of seeing a mythical creature can not be understated. My own experiences have left a lasting impression on me. It leaves me motivated. Motivated to do the dot connecting and the legwork. My experiences and my hypotheses will be posted here along with my evidence. There is no profit in that model but it will qualify me to make money after the fact indeed.

My hypothesis includes and will detail:

How and when the species migrated from asia.

How and when the species first encountered humans.

Where and why the species has positive/negative connotation to the native population.

Where they range and what they eat.

When they range and why

How they have stayed hidden

What behavioral attributes they display and when/why

How to best react to an encounter and what to do depending on your goal.

Why they are in danger the moment they are recognized by science.

How best to protect/enrich their habitat.

This only applies to Central and Northern California.

Guest baboonpete

We collectively are the "expert". The nature of the board and its greatly differing views leaves no angle on a subject unexplored. Critical thinking or good faith effort at it, really does answer the questions.

Thats huburis, the questiosn ARE the guessing and without that pesky specimen, that's all it is. In expert in guessing isn't an expert in anything fact related.

Edited by baboonpete

No, sorry. It would not be proof. It's not the BF "researchers" that need the proof. Show the film to a room full of scientists, wildlife experts and film experts. Even though it's not proof, it may get science "interested".

ok well that's the problem, I don't want to prove they exist to the world. I have been kicking around the idea that I would invite a few people in the BF community to meet with me in private. I would show them my proof which is high quality video I have put together in a 1 hour Documentary. Full of close up interaction with the big guy himself and a few of the others thrown in. It would only be used to prove my story and the book as well, and I would then be able to teach people about these guys. Your one of my biggest doubters so if I can't convince you I doubt anyone else would be interested in what I have to say. It was just a thought and maybe not a good one so we'll just leave it alone.

Thats huberis, the questiosn ARE the guessing and without that pesky specimen, that's all it is. In expert in guessing isn't an expert in anything fact related.

Where is the specimen for Gigantopithecus? We have some teeth and fragments of jawbone. Could be hubris to think that less than that has been discovered for an unidentified primate in North America. Takes time to process evidence. More time still to present it.

ok well that's the problem, I don't want to prove they exist to the world. I have been kicking around the idea that I would invite a few people in the BF community to meet with me in private. I would show them my proof which is high quality video I have put together in a 1 hour Documentary. Full of close up interaction with the big guy himself and a few of the others thrown in. It would only be used to prove my story and the book as well, and I would then be able to teach people about these guys. Your one of my biggest doubters so if I can't convince you I doubt anyone else would be interested in what I have to say. It was just a thought and maybe not a good one so we'll just leave it alone.

I am not a doubter of Bigfoot, I have seen one. I don't want to be taught about them or have interaction with them. I want scientific documentation of the species. If you want someone to interact with them, call Jane Goodall.

Edited by JohnCartwright

Guest baboonpete

Where is the specimen for Gigantopithecus? We have some teeth and fragments of jawbone. Could be hubris to think that less than that has been discovered for an unidentified primate in North America. Takes time to process evidence. More time still to present it.

you dont even have workable dna, you have photos, and track casts and the like all of which are hoaxable, you're not not there, and ginganto never got out of southeast asia in my opinion. There's zero evidence to back that notion up.

A couple of old bones got a species with 3 different subspecies in the books. Bones mostly collected from Chinese Apothecary shops. Selling them as Yeti bones for Chinese Medicine. That gives credence to their claims. And the history/lore of the peoples who came into North America from Asia. They clearly knew of large non human primates.

I am not a doubter of Bigfoot, I have seen one. I don't want to be taught about them or have interaction with them. I want scientific documentation of the species. If you want someone to interact with them, call Jane Goodall.

If you don't want to learn about them why are you here? why waste your time with any of it your not making any since at all. I heard your story and from what I can tell you ran into a type of BF that is very aggressive and act a lot more primal than the others. They tend to live alone and are always on the move an in a bad mood these are the ones I warned Autumn about. If this is the kind you ran into I can see how you could have been scared, that's what he wanted you to be. But in my IMO he would not have killed you, at most he would have just slapped you around a little to make his point, been there done that.

Guest baboonpete

A couple of old bones got a species with 3 different subspecies in the books. Bones mostly collected from Chinese Apothecary shops. Selling them as Yeti bones for Chinese Medicine. That gives credence to their claims. And the history/lore of the peoples who came into North America from Asia. They clearly knew of large non human primates.

there not here, and you make it sound as though giganto bones proved the yeti, the yeti hasn't been porven. Your theory is fuzzy at best.

If you don't want to learn about them why are you here?

Lol. What have learned to be proven. Nuthin. It's all guesswork. Taking guess work, crackpot theory and the word of those who are venerated as fact doesn't anything beyond the belief of some on the forum.

If you don't want to learn about them why are you here?

I don't know how I could be any clearer then I have been. I want to find or have someone else find a specimen for science. If you can help find one or get me invited to the Bigfoot Jamboree in the swamp, please do so.

We each have areas we know well as it relates to BF research. That extends to both sides of the viewpoint on BF's existence. So by that standard we all can get some credit and deservedly so. As well as pointing out that there is no "individual" expert on this subject.

I agree w/you in that this forum serves as peer review of what passes for evidence. Tough questions will and should be asked about any evidence presented here.

Good luck on your plan, hopefully you get some good footage soon.

I don't know how I could be any clearer then I have been. I want to find or have someone else find a specimen for science. If you can help find one or get me invited to the Bigfoot Jamboree in the swamp, please do so.

So you can kill one? That sounds like your disposition. Was that view brought on by how you have been treated by people since you spoke about your encounter?

I feel empathy for your frustration and no nonsense viewpoint. Hoaxers have been abundant lately. DNA studies already complete are still not available. Some of us are still out there trying. We may use different tactics and have different goals but we are doing our best. Be happy that there is more than 1 group and more than 1 viewpoint and more than 1 location.

Edited by Woodswalker

So you can kill one? That sounds like your disposition. Was that view brought on by how you have been treated by people since you spoke about your encounter?

I feel empathy for your frustration and no nonsense viewpoint. Hoaxers have been abundant lately. DNA studies already complete are still not available. Some of us are still out there trying. We may use different tactics and have different goals but we are doing our best. Be happy that there is more than 1 group and more than 1 viewpoint and more than 1 location.

It would be hard for me to kill one, since i do not even own a gun. I sure as heck am not going to wrestle one. But a specimen dead or alive is what it would take for proof. Even with DNA you still need a type specimen to match the DNA . Hoaxers have always been abundant. I now avoid all groups like the plague. It's just my wife and I now. I would settle for me and Kitakaze, Saskeptic and RayG in the woods and one walk right by us. so I could turn and ask "did you see that? LOL

SSR Team

I would settle for me and Kitakaze, Saskeptic and RayG in the woods and one walk right by us. so I could turn and ask "did you see that? LOL

I'd bet you all the tea in China that none of them would, even if they actually did..;)

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic