Bigfoot Options

Guest JiggyPotamus

Wow. You would accept they are paranormal in nature, but not flesh and blood? Am I the only one that sees a problem with that, lol? I think that too many people are assuming they are just like other animals, which people see more often...They are not. They avoid humans purposefully, and they are good at it. And saying that there is not a shred of verifiable evidence is just wrong. You are misinformed...Greatly so actually, because there is quite a bit of evidence.

It is frustrating to a small degree since I know they are real animals, and I, as well as thousands of other people, have been trying to tell everyone else the same thing only to still have people strictly denying this possibility. I think instead of saying they aren't real, since they are, people should be focusing on "how" these animals are able to avoid us on such a large scale. I don't think their population is that small, yet they still avoid us. They are growing in population, as far as I can tell, and this is why they are found all over the US. They've spread out in search of new habitats to sustain their growing population.

I think that once they are proven scientifically, and real scientists start devising methods to study them in the wild, everyone is going to be surprised at what they find, and at the sheer speed at which our knowledge of them advances. We will see, and I fully expect to be vindicated in the future. Hopefully very soon, but we will have to wait and see.

Guest BFSleuth

I think instead of saying they aren't real, since they are, people should be focusing on "how" these animals are able to avoid us on such a large scale. I don't think their population is that small, yet they still avoid us.

That is where I am at. While not having had the pleasure (or displeasure) of a direct experience, I think the evidence points to the existence of a population. The question is how they exist without sightings being commonplace.

Guest toejam

I believe flesh and blood as well. Definitely not like other animals. I've heard the voice at close range and it was something to be revered. How can 3 whoops change someone's life?

If it was something questionable, it wouldn't have the profound effect it did. Just to hear their voice up close will send your mind in a spin. An incredible experience. Their voice is something in between human and animal.

Jiggy's right about focusing on HOW they're able to avoid us. I also believe that their population size is greater than we anticipate. From personal experience and through the experiences of a couple other researchers, as well as stories through others I've spoken to, the province of Ontario has a healthy population of this species. The reports throughout the U.S. and other regions tell me we're dealing with something that has evolved beyond our perception. They're all over the place and in areas you'd have a very difficult time grasping. Personally I like it that way.

That is where I am at. While not having had the pleasure (or displeasure) of a direct experience, I think the evidence points to the existence of a population. The question is how they exist without sightings being commonplace.

I'd guess they are rather commonplace compared to their number. We also have to take into account sighting/encounters that no one ever speaks of due to the known stigma. How many do we never heard about?

Guest BFSleuth

Just for the published BFRO database (I don't have the total number off the top of my head but it is over 4000 sighting reports) there are estimates that they have in the neighborhood of 30,000 to 40,000 reports that aren't made public. Let's say among all sighting databases there are maybe 6000 to 10000 that have been published, and who knows what the number of unpublished reports are. Then consider that it is likely the majority of people that have had a sighting (Class A or Class B) may never recognize they saw a BF - "Gosh that bear just walked out of the woods on two legs and picked up my deer with its paws and walked away with it" - or never report it because they don't know how to report it or are afraid to report it. The number could be in the six figures.

I agree with a lot of what people have said here, there's just too much evidence. I used to be a skeptic, but once you have an encounter, you can't go back on it, it just isn't possible to dismiss the possibility of existence for them.

For a lot of people, you have to see it to believe it.

Interesting. I've been a long time amateur researcher, and I've been on dozens and dozens of various expeditions in many different regions of North America yet I've not seen one personally. However, having studied the evidence and befriended those who have, there is no doubt to me of its existence.

It's funny, but I've been arguing the veracity of this creature my whole life to a disbelieving multitude for something I've never seen.

Another thing to consider is how many incidents not just go unreported but unnoticed?

I've known about bigfoot since I was a school kid reading about it in library books, but I did not know they existed outside the Pacific Northwest until much later in life. Up until I was about 25 years old I spent a lot, and I mean A LOT of time in the wodds, not just hunting and fishing but just roaming. If I had heard a yell or wood knock I would not have known or considered it could be a bigfoot.

Case in point, one time when I was around 14/15 years old I had walked into the woods behind my house, this was a rural area and the plot I was on was probably close to 100 acres of dense hardwood forest with water and wildlife, lots of deer and other such creatures native to this area.

I was headed to a spot I called "the slew", an area of standing water from a natural spring. Good clean water but only about knee deep. I was hoping to get a shot at some ducks that were often there. It was a cool, cloudy winter day and about halfway there, it started to rain, a fairly heavy rain. I was walking a trail along the edge of an old field that hadn't been planted for years and there was heavy woods on either side.

When the rain started I decided to duck off the trail and use the tree cover to shield myself from the rain, anticipating it would move out or lighten up soon. I sat down leaned against a huge oak to wait it out, about 10, 20 yards into the tree cover. It was a fairly open area but some thick underbrush, grown up vines and such nearby.

I had been sitting there for probably around 10 minutes when I started noticing some "popping" sounds around me. I first thought it was large rain drops, but considered it a bit odd. After a few minutes of this I noticed something hit the ground close to my feet. There was pretty thick leaf cover so I didn't see anything. But then I noticed something else hit, and it was a small pebble, about the size of a dime. I thought, "What the heck! Is someone throwing rocks at me?" This happened a few more times, small pebbles about that size landing around me. I stood up and looked around, thinking someone was messing with me, but saw nothing.

There were a few birds hopping around in the trees above me so I attributed these small stones to them, having heard that some birds swallow small stones to help them digest food (these pebbles were small but it would have taken a large bird to swallow one). I never once considered that this could be a bigfoot, not knowing there might be some in my area of the country or knowing anything about rock throwing as common behaviour. I have since learned that they usually throw large rocks but have seen stories of pebble throwing by bigfoot.

I went on about my way a short time later and had no other such strange things occur. Knowing what I know now I think back and wonder if I had an encounter that day. And how many more people out threre even to this day could have something like this happen and not know it could possibly be bigfoot behaviour they are experiencing. If I had thought it was possibly a BF, even though I was armed with a single shot 12 gauge, I would have lit a shuck out of there and back home.

Guest BFSleuth

Great story Rockape, and you make an excellent point. Unless or until we are aware of BF sign then I'm sure the great majority of us simply are unaware they are around. Your story reminds me of the number of times I've been in the woods and thought I heard what "must have been" a gunshot or someone chopping wood and really thought nothing of it. Not until the last few years as I've researched the issue do I realize a possible meaning of those sounds.

To answer your question about pebbles being thrown, google "BFRO pebbles" and you'll find enough sighting reports to keep you reading for quite a while.

One time I was in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey, hanging with a couple of friends in the woods. At one point we noticed that there were pebbles hitting the bushes across the trail from us. It went on the whole time we stood there. I looked into the brush from where it seemed to come from but saw nothing. I assumed it was someone playing games....

Great story Rockape, and you make an excellent point. Unless or until we are aware of BF sign then I'm sure the great majority of us simply are unaware they are around. Your story reminds me of the number of times I've been in the woods and thought I heard what "must have been" a gunshot or someone chopping wood and really thought nothing of it. Not until the last few years as I've researched the issue do I realize a possible meaning of those sounds.

Many of the recorded calls I have heard sound something like cows bellowing, so if I had heard it that's what I would have assumed it was. I think I would know the difference now.

To answer your question about pebbles being thrown, google "BFRO pebbles" and you'll find enough sighting reports to keep you reading for quite a while.

Thanks. I did. Didn't realize it was so common.

I have four options.

1. Intelligent and highly adapted humanoid being.

2. Includes above , but with supernatural abilities.

3. One **** lucky bipedal Gorilla.

4. Nonexistence.

Nonexistence is last, if I ever get there then I'll have little interest and will move on.

Go Go Giganto! :locomotive:

I've always thought that we are waaaaaaaaay too "human centric" to credit other animals with the ability to think or feel. (Cause we eat them, and it would be bad if they didn't like that. Because "we think", "they think" is abhorrent on some fundamental levals that require TOTAL DENIAL. Get my drift on that one?)

I think that has negatively effected our ability to credit intelligence where intelligence is due.

So my personal deal is that Giganto crossed the land bridge to North America along with every other Tom, **** AND Hairy and we are looking for a very intelligant ape. Who is evolving right under our noses, like.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that may be the truth as you see it and how it all unfolded from your perspective. But the FACT is, it's a subject that has been around a long time.

The defining characteristic of the figure is its "wildness"; from the 12th century they were consistently depicted as being covered with hair. Images of wild men appear in the carved and painted roof bosses where intersecting ogee vaults meet in the Canterbury Cathedral, in positions where one is also likely to encounter the vegetal Green Man.

373px-Wilder_Mann_mit_umgeh%C3%A4ngtem_Wappen_1487.jpg

Source

Are you suggesting the figure, carrying club and shield, is in any way related to sasquatch? Were there also such similar representations of dragons, unicorns, etc.

Do you think the field of folk-lore is bogus, as it relates to "cryptids", and meant to hide great truths?

Ever had the notion that we're dealing with an intelligent species that has an unprecedented ability to evade us?

You want the answer? Get out in the field, persistently. That's the only way you're going to know at this point.

Ever had the notion that if we are dealing with an animal of "unprecedented ability to evade us" we would not have so many people claiming to see or hear the wood ape/wildman?

I have four options.

1. Intelligent and highly adapted humanoid being.

2. Includes above , but with supernatural abilities.

3. One **** lucky bipedal Gorilla.

4. Nonexistence.

Nonexistence is last, if I ever get there then I'll have little interest and will move on.

So sy, the DNA results show a humanoid with supernatural abilities? Or a bipedal Gorilla? Anything but non-existence a viable option for you?

Would you say you are a believer?

In my eyes there are 2 different options for Bigfoot. They are either supernatural or they do not exist. It just seems entirely impossible for a breeding population to be "sighted" in every state in the US, over 100 years, and not have a shred of verifiable evidence. And since I do not believe in the supernatural, I think you know where I come out on this...What say you?

Over a 63 year period beginning in 1949, BFRO shows Oregon has 69 eye witness sightings or about 1 sighting per year. Each eye witness is usually interviewed in person and many reports are thrown out. So who are we to tell each witness that they are liars or they didn't see what they saw?

Why do people keep describing the same creature? BF is out there but they are impossible to find due to their abilities to detect humans first.