Bigfoot Options

Go back to Pliny, Gilgemesh, Greek gods, trolls, etc. and there is a common thread that the phenomenon of the hairy man in the woods has been around since written word began, and most human cultures. This isn't a recent invention.

http://bigfootforums...lect-hominoids/

The concept of "paranormal" I think may be overblown. It is simply our way of describing things we don't understand. Primitive people thought guns were magic, but we understand the technology so they aren't magic to us. Certain aspects of "high strangeness" that has been associated with BF are observations made by humans that aren't privy to how what they are observing is possible, so "paranormal" is the catch phrase that is used. For example, if BF indeed does communicate with mindspeak as some folks claim, then how is it possible? On this issue I'm an open minded skeptic and it leads me to ask questions regarding how the perception transfer happens. If it is real, then I don't think it is "magic" nor is it "paranormal", I think it simply is what it is and we don't yet understand how it functions or how to use it. We might not have the biology to support full use of it, so for humans to understand it would be like trying to get a fish to understand climbing mountains.

We used to speculate that elephants must have some kind of ESP because they seemed to coordinate movements between herds that were over 50 miles apart. Now we are just beginning to understand that the majority of their communication is in the infrasound range, below human hearing, and infrasound travels long distances through the ground. They lay their trunk on the ground and it makes an excellent infrasound microphone. It isn't paranormal, its just abilities of another biological entity that humans don't have.

Well stated and agree completely. Many seem to confuse paranormal with superhuman. BF has super human abilities that would blow the minds of football fans if we could suit up BF. Could you imagine an 8' tall player weighing 700 pounds running the ball at 35 miles per hour or blocking for a running back.

Now let's put superhuman in the woods. BF has been reported to run up steep hills and crash through brush at superhuman speeds. It can throw rocks the size of water mellons 60 yards at people that **** it off. They seem to miss on purpose which serves as a warning. I read a report where a BF tore a black bear to shreads....................yes.... where pieces of meat and fur were hanging from brush. Now add smarts and the desire to avoid humans along with great night vision, keen ability to smell your body scents, great ability to use brush and trees as cover to hide and you have superhuman BF. Oh, BF might have infasound abilities to top off abilities as elephants have.

We have very skilled biologist who will find and film BF but they don't work for cheap. When BF expeditions pay as much as Snow Lepoard hunts, or searches for rare toads in South America, we will then see good BF vidoes clear and up close! Won't that be cool! For now there is no money to fund super professional BF expeditions so we settle for blobsquatches, or specks on the video that are supposed to be a BF.

Well stated and agree completely. Many seem to confuse paranormal with superhuman. BF has super human abilities that would blow the minds of football fans if we could suit up BF. Could you imagine an 8' tall player weighing 700 pounds running the ball at 35 miles per hour or blocking for a running back.

Now let's put superhuman in the woods. BF has been reported to run up steep hills and crash through brush at superhuman speeds. It can throw rocks the size of water mellons 60 yards at people that **** it off. They seem to miss on purpose which serves as a warning. I read a report where a BF tore a black bear to shreads....................yes.... where pieces of meat and fur were hanging from brush. Now add smarts and the desire to avoid humans along with great night vision, keen ability to smell your body scents, great ability to use brush and trees as cover to hide and you have superhuman BF. Oh, BF might have infasound abilities to top off abilities as elephants have.

We have very skilled biologist who will find and film BF but they don't work for cheap. When BF expeditions pay as much as Snow Lepoard hunts, or searches for rare toads in South America, we will then see good BF vidoes clear and up close! Won't that be cool! For now there is no money to fund super professional BF expeditions so we settle for blobsquatches, or specks on the video that are supposed to be a BF.

Are you suggesting that a biologist would have no problem finding and getting a top quality video of a BF, but all of these trackers and hunters that are currently seeking sasquatch can't come up with diddly?

Also, the 1 video all believers hitch their wagons to the PGF...shows "patty", who by consensus, is about 6' and >300, and there is no way in heaven or in hades that "creature" could come anywhere close to 35 mph. The picture of BF you've painted sounds more like "The Incredible Hulk".

Guest BFSleuth

Perhaps a well funded wildlife videography expedition with a well thought out plan for trying to capture video of BF may be successful. How many months or weeks of effort were required to capture those great videos of the snow leopard? If I recall it was a solid two months on location with nothing to show for it until they got their first image, then were able to follow up with a few more days of video once they had located the den and got some incredible footage of a hunt. Full camera crew and a couple of months to capture about 5 minutes of prime time video.

That sounds about par with the efforts of Roger Patterson, spending a couple of weeks at Bluff Creek before getting about a minute of shaky footage, not to mention the months of effort he put into prior expeditions on horseback.

So, how many of "all these trackers and hunters" are putting in that level of effort? I'd be surprised if it is even a handful at best. Not many are doing wildlife videography as a full time profession, hunkering down in a tree blind for two weeks at a time. I would be surprised if anyone is taking it to that level. What we have a a small army of weekend warriors with poor to middling quality video cameras, no tripods, and no waiting in a blind... just stomping around the woods in search of a chance encounter.

Small wonder we haven't replicated anything near the quality of the PGF in all this time. Although there does seem to be some great video that is likely much better than the PGF that hasn't been publicly released. Check out HuffnPuff's posts in this thread:

Also, the 1 video all believers hitch their wagons to the PGF...shows "patty", who by consensus, is about 6' and >300, and there is no way in heaven or in hades that "creature" could come anywhere close to 35 mph. The picture of BF you've painted sounds more like "The Incredible Hulk".

Not sure if there is a consensus on that. The pixel analysis I saw suggested that Patty was more like 7 1/2 feet. One of the ones that I saw had to be 10 feet (I had a pretty accurate method of measuring its height at the time), I have wondered over the years since how fast it could run.

Guest OntarioSquatch

In humans, stride lengths start to decrease around the age of 30. The number of steps taken doesn't change at that point, but the distance covered with each step does. Could be different for Sasquatch though.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

denialist,

If you doubt that they exist , I suggest you do your own investigation. Go the woods, preferably an area with known activity, stay a few days and see what happens. Have fun!

Guest Kronprinz Adam

In my eyes there are 2 different options for Bigfoot. They are either supernatural or they do not exist. It just seems entirely impossible for a breeding population to be "sighted" in every state in the US, over 100 years, and not have a shred of verifiable evidence. And since I do not believe in the supernatural, I think you know where I come out on this...What say you?

Dear Denialist.

The phenomenon is maybe older, due to the fact that native americans knew the existence of these creatures. But for sure, this creature could gave a surprise to early pioneers and settlers.

For example, mexican naturalist Mariano Mociño collected some legends of the "Matlox" hairy beast at the end of the 18th century in Vancouver. He got the stories from the Nootka indians. Now you have Bigfoot reports from the same area.

Before Darwin and the discovery of Neanderthals, people in Europe had little idea of the existence of cavemen. Early reports of himalayan Yetis and north american Bigfoot were immediately associated to the idea of the "missing link". If you check our the Bigfoot documentaries of the 70s, they basically promote the idea of the "missing link" (having more questions than answers), so they assume Bigfoot being some kind of man-beast. Being USA a land of hunters, they assummed that in a few years, some hunter will get physical evidence of Bigoot. OK, some 35-40 years until the Sierra Killings was announced (we still wait for the verification)

Footprints are still being found, and forensic and scientific examination was made with amazing results. 40 years before, the main goal was to find the missing link before this relict creature went into extinction. Now, we realize that there are more sightings than before!!!!

What is going on? For sure, Internet technologies allow people to share and compare their sightings, but maybe also human population density also increased. (more hikers, hunters, roads and neighborhoods). But Bigfoot is still elusive. That's why it is believed it is maybe nocturnal and has developed specific skills to remain hidden from us.

I hope further evidence will be collected and we could have more information about these elusive creatures, without harming them. There should be a technical method to basically spy on these creatures.

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Don't know about all of this georgerm. Does Bigfoot star in his own comic book? Marvel? (Not meant to offend -- just bringing attention to your extravagant view of Bigfoot).

Guest BFSleuth

Not sure if there is a consensus on that. The pixel analysis I saw suggested that Patty was more like 7 1/2 feet. One of the ones that I saw had to be 10 feet (I had a pretty accurate method of measuring its height at the time), I have wondered over the years since how fast it could run.

Based on film analysis the height of Patty has been as little as around 4' tall and as high as 7.5' tall. Bill Munns is preparing to nail it with bench testing various cameras and lenses, and will be doing a site survey of the PGF film site later this summer. For more information:

Are you suggesting the figure, carrying club and shield, is in any way related to sasquatch? Were there also such similar representations of dragons, unicorns, etc.

My point was the hairy wildman concept has been around a very long time.

That is where I am at. While not having had the pleasure (or displeasure) of a direct experience, I think the evidence points to the existence of a population. The question is how they exist without sightings being commonplace.

Where I'm at now is their hearing is more acute than a humans.

Guest TexasTracker

Backing up a few posts to what BF Sleuth

Perhaps a well funded wildlife videography expedition with a well thought out plan for trying to capture video of BF may be successful. How many months or weeks of effort were required to capture those great videos of the snow leopard? If I recall it was a solid two months on location with nothing to show for it until they got their first image, then were able to follow up with a few more days of video once they had located the den and got some incredible footage of a hunt. Full camera crew and a couple of months to capture about 5 minutes of prime time video.

That sounds about par with the efforts of Roger Patterson, spending a couple of weeks at Bluff Creek before getting about a minute of shaky footage, not to mention the months of effort he put into prior expeditions on horseback.

So, how many of "all these trackers and hunters" are putting in that level of effort? I'd be surprised if it is even a handful at best. Not many are doing wildlife videography as a full time profession, hunkering down in a tree blind for two weeks at a time. I would be surprised if anyone is taking it to that level. What we have a a small army of weekend warriors with poor to middling quality video cameras, no tripods, and no waiting in a blind... just stomping around the woods in search of a chance encounter.

Amen brother.... This may have been brought up before (sorry if it has), but to date, does anyone know of an extensive study of this type (excluding Operation Endurance)... I'd be interested to learn: what they accomplished, what they'd do differently, etc...

I believe campers/hikers encounters are happen-stance at best & if the animal choses to remain hidden 99% of us would never have any idea of their proximity, even if only a few feet away...

We will see, and I fully expect to be vindicated in the future. Hopefully very soon, but we will have to wait and see.

:)