Bf Entering Houses...

Guest SquatchinNY

Guest JiggyPotamus

I don't live around bears, but I would think the two main things that drive them into houses are their noses and their curiosity...Sasquatch may be similar. But sasquatch would be able to understand how to operate a doorknob, as well as tell when someone is home or has left. Their increased intelligence when compared to other animals would really give them an edge in many areas, especially when dealing with humans.

Where a bear will enter a camp full of people, because it isn't so smart, a sasquatch waits until they've gone to sleep or have left. I would be willing to bet anytime they would risk exposure to humans would be when they are hungry. And with so much mass, they probably eat quite a bit. But many of their foods are probably high in starch, such as Pteridium aquilinum, Cirsium, Typha, and sagittaria spp...In the PNW alone there are quite a lot of high-quality plant foods that are edible, even by humans. Sasquatch may even be able to digest things that humans cannot...Or have learned to eat things that we either do not know about, or cannot eat. But, whether they could live off plant foods alone I do not know. I wish I knew, as this would tell us whether they eat meat out of necessity.

But anyway, I think that reports of sasquatch entering houses are probably credible, as this behavior would be expected from an intelligent animal that lives on the fringes of human society, and therefore is exposed to the sights and smells of human cuisine. That makes sense to me at least...Whether others would agree I have no idea.

There is the 40s(?) vintage account of a bigfoot trashing a remote farmhouse, forcing the wife and kids who were staying there alone to flee.

If you're thinking of what I think you are, that's the Ruby Creek incident. I don't remember the house being trashed, but I've never read the original report either.

And one of the first episodes of Monsterquest featured a remote fishing cabin in Canada that was supposedly trashed by an aggressive bigfoot. That cabin was revisited on a later show, but then they determined perhaps they were there the wrong time of the year to see anything.

That would be the Snelgrove Lake incident. Investigators were able to rule out bears because the refridgerator was toppled, but not torn open. A bear tears a fridge apart because the outgassing of the insulation smells like formaldahyde, which tricks bears into thinking fridges are ant nests.

Snelgrove is certainly an intriguing story and highly plausible in my mind. Considering the size of the bloody print Meldrum analyzed, the on camera rock throwing coupled with the fact that these disturbances had been taking place over a long period, the isolation and that activity seemed to increase in spring also lends itself to believability. This account makes a strong case for territoriality as well. The investigation team seemed genuinely afraid of whomever was possibly out there tossinf those stones.

Admin

I can't help but recall Mitch Monkeymaker mentioning on "the show" that in every instance he had investigated about Sasquatch peering in windows or attempting entry that the person had taxidermy mounted on the walls or in the house. How "Harry and the Hendersons"

Makes sense. Maybe they think they can get an easy meal although I suspect they would not like a bite of taxidermy once they got it.

The Cowman BF seemed driven by curosity and desire to know more about humans. Humans on the other hand misinterpret BFs motives as being sinister, then react violently which then creates a dangerous situation. This story could have been about BF befriending a human family. Instead fear and volence turned this situation into nightmere.

The Cowman of Copalis Beach was fixated on the young child. Was it going to kidnap the child? The BF had plenty of chances to kidnap the child so did it just want to play?

If the mother sat with the child at the window and interacted with the BF, could this be the beginning of habituation? Another woman at another time and place may have befriended the BF and the story would be quite different. How would you have reacted? She could not take the chance since the child might be lost forever if the BF wanted a human to raise. Was it necessary to shoot the BF?

We just don't know enough about the mind sets of BFs. Do they have the mind of human children locked in a huge body?

Edited by georgerm

Guest Particle Noun

Well, before the incident at the window, the Sasquatch had taken a full run and smash into the older son, so it had exhibited violent behavior. It is very possible it didn't intend to harm, but any family with Children would take zero chance after something like that.

Guest Strick

The Cowman of Copalis Beach is such a good story that I always imagined it was just that: a work of fiction. It even has a title that could've been lifted from a novel or movie.

I had no idea that a participant, or close relative, promoted the story on BFF1. I don't remember that. I had an idea that it originated on Bobbie Short's site.

I guess I'll have to go premium and gem up.

Guest BFSleuth

^ Copalis Beach is a small town on the coast of Washington State. "Cowman" is the term used by the youngest son to describe the BF. While the title is catchy, it is pretty self explanatory.

I'd always been interested in this story, and was pretty blown away to find it as an opening post of a thread on the BFF 1.0 forum. The background information discussed by the author in the forum lent more credibility to the story for me.

Regarding the comments above about alternate outcomes if the humans hadn't been quick with their guns, IMHO they very well might have been able to establish a habituation situation. However, once the BF ran and swatted the boy then in the same situation I think I would have acted the same. The BF seemed to be fixated on the youngest boy.

I find the fact that the Bigfoot was fixated on the young child to be disturbing at best. If that were my child I'd have blasted it for sure. If the Bigfoot were to be presented with an unhampered opportunity to abduct the boy, would it have done so? We just don't know, and the risk was far too great to allow the creature that opportunity.

The breaking of the window and reaching for the boy is what bothers me about the incident. There are ways imply friendliness. Attempting to reach for another creature's offspring is something that the Bigfoot probably wouldn't have approved of had the roles been reversed. It seems that undue compassion is being extended to a creature that forcibly attempted to reach for the boy, IMO.

Guest wudewasa

It seems that undue compassion is being extended to a creature that forcibly attempted to reach for the boy, IMO.

After your comment, I HAD to post this... lol

• Upvote 1

Guest Particle Noun

I agree See-Te-Cah. I mean, if I were writing a story about this, it would have been a female bigfoot who had lost her child, and was looking for a replacement in all the wrong places, which would give it that tragic tone we love in stories.

In real life (if this event is authentic) that shotgun blast was 100% justified, and may have prevented this story from being an outright tragedy.

Had one twice jiggle the door on my camper as though it was trying to open the door. I knew it was one the first time when my dog started getting real nervous and kept getting away from the windows. I looked out the windows of the camper and seen nothing but within a few minutes later the door on my camper started to move . All I could do was lock and load and wait but nothing turned out. A few minutes later I heard these owl hoot that had a strong vocal to them.

The second time there were more then just me who wittiness this same thing and it seemed more of a curiosity Since there were more of us. These events took placed back in 1999 - 2000.

Guest SquatchinNY

^What would it do if it got in? Have a coffee?

Edited by SquatchinNY