Bf Entering Houses...

Guest SquatchinNY

INteresting about the white one hiding in the hall with its nose to the wall. Shows you how they hide, eh? It's white, the wall is white (I bet...?) and so it just freezes and blends in. I wonder what the look was it gave the boy.....must have been fearsome.

Agreeing with See-Te-Cah NC above, for a sasquatch to enter a human home seems like a sinister, stalking-type, intellligent, strategic behavior. They wait until Daddy isn't home and just waltz right in. Nice.

I can hardly imagine them welcoming a human into their home, especially with female and children present. I do not know why they are there, or what they do if no one happens to notice their presence and put a kink into their plans, but they are not welcome. I suppose they know or could certainly guess that, given their powers of observation. A most unfriendly visit.

We've had window rapping and wall whomping and dogs acting weird--all reported by different family members who definitely believe bf does NOT exist, won't even discuss it.

I have heard heavy stuff being dragged around the yard at night and weird noises on the other side of the bedroom wall. I wondered if there was something in the walls, but I guess not. One morning there was a knocking, like someone was batting something against the side of the house like to knock dirt loose or something, and I finally knocked back and it instantly stopped. I won't sleep with the window open no matter how hot I am. I have never seen any clear footprints or heard squatchy sounds for sure. We smell pee smell or weird odors occasionally, but can't ID a source and it's usually not real strong. Maybe a nearby meth lab or something, who knows.

It sounds like ignoring it (if you can) is the best strategy.

Other than that, with them so close, what would you do? If you get tough, they might get tough too. And that could be unsafe. If you get friendly, they might get friendly, and that might not be too safe, either. We don't happen to have a gun, but I guess I might have to get one. I tried X's and alarms, but I think that was a mistake because now they know I know they are around--the X's are not something they see alot around human homes, I imagine. Think I am right on that? I hope I am NOT, but afraid I might be.

Admin

About a year ago my friends stopped pretending not to notice the squatch and started indicating that they were aware when the squatch are around. This seems to have stimulated them to make their presence purposely known at times.

Are you working with them to set up some discrete cameras inside the house looking out at the most likely areas? Especially if they have second floor or attic window that would be even less noticable. Maybe leave some cameras set in vehicles or out buildings if those are available.

I can hardly imagine them welcoming a human into their home, especially with female and children present.

Correct! Especially since it is believed that some of their aggressive displays are attempts to drive people away from the females and kids.

Other than that, with them so close, what would you do?

Put up trail cams. Seems like they work the best at repelling BF.... :lol:

KC,

Try the trails cam like VA suggested, it does seem to work. Or they have fake surveillance cams that look very much like the real thing. They're cheap and easy to install, plus motion lights or just plain old "light it up like a football field" tactics.

Everyone has their own breaking point and I found that mine was when my neighbor's abandoned mobile home was partially destroyed. They ripped off the front door, rummaged through the kitchen, broke a five strand barbed wire fence behind my barn (deputy said it was not cut nor was it caused by a truck) and he wouldn't let me come over to see the destruction.

The noises coming from the woods across the road were NOT normal, everyone noticed the heavy breathing. Difficult to explain to your friends as well. I finally did move, it became a little too much. I only needed one more nudge.....

They've talked about getting a trailcam. I explained that bigfoot are reported to notice and avoid the cameras. I'm visiting them later this summer to help them select a camera, and a location for it where it is less likely to be noticed.

Thats the thing, we just don't know for sure. There are a bunch of reports each year of people who simply "go missing". It would ruin your whole day to be abducted and eatin.

One of my favorite stories in that vein is a report from Alaska back around the turn of the 1900s (IIRC).

Basic story is: a man set up a mining claim up a certain river valley. Said valley had a bad rep with the NAs of the area. At one point he becomes overdue for an appearance in town and a party was sent to his claim to check on him. They found the door standing open, his dog tied up inside the house, half-starved/dehydrated and crazy, his gun lying on the floor near his bed, and no sign of him.

There were however, huge, humanlike tracks all around the cabin site.

Guest SquatchinNY

Are you guys trying to get me to soil my pants?

Edited by SquatchinNY

I doubt it. But it seems like a great opportunity. Get some trail cams and most likely that will be the end of it. I have also heard that movement-sensing lights work good too.

I put motion activated lights outside on the window and it was dislodged the first night. I haven't put it back. I may try putting one inside. Or a camera. Hey, I could just prop it on the window sill. hm.

did'nt that tennessee bf lady have something like that go on? my memory is bad lately sorry

great stuff folks ...never heard or seen any of these .. glad I have insomnia tonight

Admin

Not necessarily an occupied dwelling, but a structure nonetheless. You might want to exercise caution when investigating abandoned shacks and houses... Just sayin'.

http://www.gcbro.com/ARdrew002.htm

Even though I cannot find the report, it reminds me of the one from MI about the kids on ATVs who find an old house, explore it, find it full of dog bones and a recently killed dog, and are chased out of the house by a BF.

Question - if you know what the report is merely from the web address, does that mean you spend too much time researching BF reports? :o

Re the X's-- Today I was reading a book about Plains Indian teepees.

The book was telling about teepee doors and said that if you put crossed sticks in front of your door, it meant "locked" or "do not disturb." I thought that was very interesting.