Bf Entering Houses...

Guest SquatchinNY

"Some have eyes that show green, and others have eyes that show red. Avoid the the ones with red eyes, there is something different about them. The other Bigfoot's avoid them to."

Red eyes = carnivores, other colors = vegetarians, lol. Sorry, any Twilight fans? :) Seriously, I've read that too, but couldn't tell you where.

Dang, this thread has me creeped out. I had been saving up for a small home in the rural parts of the county, now I'm not sure, maybe town living is just fine!

Guest JVDBogart

WOW! Thanks JDL for sharing your tent story. Very interesting and quite unique. I can't even imagine how you must have felt!

Yeah, VAfooter, I read that one the other night. That is a tough one, too. That's a seriously chronic drawing in that report as well.

I respect Bigfoot, and admire them as I presently understand them to be. What I have learned on the BFF since becoming a member is that this could be a potentially hazardous hobby. I base this on 3 factors I'd never considered until reading accounts such as these in this thread.

1 - I learned early on that the creature wasn't just some benign animal that is always peaceful. While most usually seem to be peaceful, stories like the ones listed here where the Bigfoot are forcibly entering and destroying homes, attempting to beckon young folks to windows and forcing their arms through window glass shows me that some are up to no good. I suppose that Bigfoot have psychopaths and killers within their population, just as humans do.

2 - Whenever a human and a large, powerful animal come into contact with each other, there's always the potential for injury or, if the animal is predatory, becoming prey. There are people killed every year by cattle, horses, cougars, bears... It's bound to happen. If a down-on-his-luck Bigfoot were to be starving, what's to say it wouldn't attempt to harvest a young human? Even if its intentions were peaceful there's the possibility of injury for a human being around a large, powerful animal, just as it is with elephants.

3 - Bigfoot doesn't want to be my friend, and I'm not so sure I want to be his. Any creature that's cunning enough to motion toward a youngster at a window is probably sinister enough to harm it. If these things really exist, they don't seem to mix well with humans. They avoid us for a reason, and perhaps we should do likewise. I look at it like this - A lion doesn't want to be my friend, it wants to do the things a lion does. I know that I can never befriend a lion, not really, anyway. A lion will always be what it is and do what it does. The potential for a mishap is always present.

Now, I'd like to see a lion, even though I know there's a degree of risk involved. I'd also like to see a Bigfoot, and the same can be said for the element of risk. I'd love to see and/or video a Bigfoot, and I'm trying hard to do just that. However, I am attempting to prepare myself for the probability that this thing isn't going to just walk up and hand me a bouquet of roses and an apple pie. I know that there is a certain level of danger if and when I were to ever encounter one.

The risk is bad enough under optimum circumstances, but when you have a creature like Bigfoot accosting and stalking people, especially children in their homes, there's a sinister element involved. This isn't some lumbering elk or cow that just happens to be outside of your window, it's a cunning, calculating creature that has enough intelligence to plan to do what it does, and what it plans to do if afforded an opportunity.

I see the stories like these as a warning. I read and tend to pay attention to signs and examples because they provide information that may be valuable down the road.

It is a bad day when you have events going on like the ones in this thread.

Conversely, if Squatches were out to eat our young, or harm humans, we'd know about them, and most likely have driven them to extinction. Look what we've done to wolves for being wolves...

I get that. However, how many wolves come up to windows and attempt to entice children into their clutches? Provided that the account is true, of course.

I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe sinister motives to many of the stories of BF entering houses or fixating on children. Most seem to be a case where the BF is extremely curious, to the point of letting down their guard and approaching humans. Some may just be looking for food (and I don't mean humans).

Even in The Cowman story (the scariest of them all in my opinion) the BF never actually harmed the child, which it could have easily done if it wanted to. Even though these events are terrifying to us since we do not know what the BF wants, that doesn't mean they want to harm us, which again, they could easily do.

That said, I have no doubt that there have been cases where BF have harmed humans, I just think they are an extreme rarity. And these stories are very scary, I agree, and don't want to have one of my own to relate. So I'll go along with See-Te-Cah and adopt the motto "Bigfoot doesn't want to be my friend and I don't want to be his".

I'm not so convinced of their intelligence level and something they might do just as a "warning" could have fatal consequences for a human.

Edited by Rockape

There are several stories at least I have heard of them motioning for a youngster to approach them...not just the one story.

Maybe it happens more often but the youngsters didn't notice or went and nothing bad happened or that just didn't make it into print.....but I never heard a story in which a person was beckoned to and went over and then happy ending.

And come to think of it, there are some stories in which the Bf was AT the door, just staring at the people.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Found the MI report I was looking for earlier...

http://www.gcbro.com/MImack001.html

Tried finding the house on GE, but was unable to. Might have already fallen down or otherwise been destroyed.

There is a geocache hidden in that area..in fact they use the bigfoot story for their cache experience, On the cache page there is someone that posted pictures of a house that they think might be the one. There are even gps coordinates for the area. I'm on my daughter's laptop and having a hard time getting it to copy and past but will try to pull it over for you.

If not google GC140CB and that will being the cache page. You should be able to read the logs (okay ignore all the sighting reports there..the cache is obvioulsy hidden in a face BF) but one person has pics loaded on. If worse comes to worse, you might have to get yourself a (free) geocache name/account/membership to see some of it.

House Location

072207 Bigfoot Sighting 1984 House North

072207 Bigfoot Sighting 1984 House East

072207 Bigfoot Sighting 1984 House South

072207 Bigfoot Sighting 1984 House West

N 46° 09.350 W 085° 19.483

I did some research on this bigfoot sighting before I hid this cache and I'm pretty sure the uploaded photos are that of the house where they supposedly had their bigfoot sighting. I didn't want to hide the physical cache here, since it is obviously private property. The windows and doors are no longer boarded up, and the house is falling apart since this happened 23 years ago. I looked at the distance on several different maps and RR tracks and this house is in the approximate area that I came up with. The disappointing thing is this house is clearly visable from the highway and RR Tracks, not in the middle of the woods as I had envisioned. The house is where the red X is on the map (the triangle of Borgstrom Road, Park Road, and the Hiawatha Trail-US 40), the closest Geocache is Rexton Airport by Rev Loonfarmer GC14HXY. I came up with that location since they are the only RR tracks that went West and the House is approximately 6-7 miles from the quarry. The only RR tracks from Fiborn Rock Quarry went East or South. The South tracks are no longer there but the RR ties are visable on the South road leaving the quarry and soon meet up with the RR tracks that go West on the map along US 40 Hiawatha Trail.

ok..whew..got it. That was cut and pasted off the geocache page and not my words.

ok sorrey links don't seem to work frm here..must have to be a geocache member

Edited by Renie

• 3 weeks later...
Admin

Thanks for the update Renie! I had always presumed that they had explored the tracks north of the quarry that run SE to NW and then due west. And that is where I had concentrated my photo analysis efforts. I appreciate the new perspective.

SInce you did not mention it, I am guessing that you did not look in windows of the house, correct? Just thinking that if you did see some canine bones laying around, that would help confirm that it is the correct spot. Pretty sure BF is long gone since there appears to be a house in the background of one of the pictures on the geocache websit. Might try looking in the next time you are in the area and just seeing what may be in there. Plus if there are a bunch of bullet holes in the ceiling..... ;)

LOL...that isn't my report but the report on the cache page which I think was orig. taken from the BFRO report. I was on the UP only once for vacation and we never went to find this cache..sorry! (I just thought the cache page had some interesting info about the area you or someone might find useful if you wanted to find the site)

Admin

Got it! Somehow I intepreted that as you having placed the cache.... It is not easy getting old, you know!!!!

• 1 month later...

I believe that the abandoned mobile home next door to me was and when the sheriff came by he told me what had happened and advised me to not go over there. However, I pressed him for info and finally he admitted that the front door was ripped off the building. He did not say the lock was picked, or that the door was pryed, he said the "front door was ripped off" and then there was the broken barb wire between my place and the mobile home sight.

Five strands with the top four busted. My pasture was adjacent to the abandoned mobile home property.

My back door was pushed in, door jam was shattered but not a lot of splinters on the floor of the utility room. Also, this was the old farm type back door, half glass and half solid oak. We always wondered why the "perp" didn't just break the glass and turn the latch on the inside?????