Is Proving Bigfoot Exists A Good Idea?

I want that paper to be published just as much as the next Bigfooter. It will be the "I TOLD YOU" heard around the world ( myself, I will be using the phrase quite a lot in the days following). But after all the high fiving and happy dancing, what will it cost the Sasquach. I worry what deseases they will be exposed to and how there culture would be changed or destroyed buy increased contact with humans. I would hate for that paper to lead to their extinction!

Edited by BFSleuth
Rule 2C

Guest Chefsquared

It's human nature to be curious and the "I told you so" attitude. They seem to do well without us confirming their existence. AS long as there is ample territory for them to survive. Anything man touches usually goes to crap so I for one don't think it would be a good idea...

Edited by Chefsquared

They'll have to figure out how to catch them before they can shave, school, & save them.

It won't be any easier after their unveiling than it was before.

• Upvote 1

I worry what deseases they will be exposed to and how there culture would be changed or destroyed buy increased contact with humans. I would hate for that paper to lead to their extinction!

If anything, I think the reverse will happen. So many "protections" and regulations will be put on all wilderness areas to benefit the squatch that it will be difficult if not impossible for human beings to do much of anything in lands not already permitted for resource use.

Edited by BFSleuth
Quoting post with 2C violation

Guest JiggyPotamus

It isn't like there are going to be loads of people out bothering the sasquatch though. I wouldn't like that either. There will be some scientists out doing research, and even then they will have a difficult time, but knowing the animals are there will ensure prolonged study, even if the early attempts are failures. But while this is going on, there will be laws passed that ensure the animals will not be bothered. I think that in the long run, it will be better for them as a population. Because eventually, prime habitat will be encroached upon, and I think that discovery will prevent this.

Admin

People will want a pet BF.

That's why the critical time will be immediately after discovery and before the politicians can act.

Admin

It isn't like there are going to be loads of people out bothering the sasquatch though. I wouldn't like that either.

Not after they find out Sas is a child stealing, woman raping, man killing apex predator just waiting for you to get out of the car and walk three yards down that hiking path..... ;)

Seriously, I agree Mulder, if we think regulations are bad now, just wait until they are proven. Lots of places are going to be off limits that are now open for public use.

Edited by VAfooter

prove it ...then let it be ...take the blood and tissue samples......then leave it alone

friggin humans have screwed up enough things .........Wheres my sacred Dodo bird now?

Edited by RavenMadd

I wish I could stop real-estate fishmongers from building condo catastrophies all over their woods and our woods.........don't box em in

If bigfoot were PROVEN to exist my reaction would be along the lines of, "oh cool, they do exist. I guess I was wrong. oh well."

I'm not holding my breath for it though.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I want that paper to be published just as much as the next Bigfooter. It will be the "I TOLD YOU" heard around the world ( myself, I will be using the phrase quite a lot in the days following). But after all the high fiving and happy dancing, what will it cost the Sasquach. I worry what deseases they will be exposed to and how there culture would be changed or destroyed buy increased contact with humans. I would hate for that paper to lead to their extinction!

Dear Nakani.

For sure, if a DNA scientifi research find conclusive results of 28 samples and this could be verified by other labs, I will believe it. (If Bigfoot being a near-human, I'm somewhat skeptical at the moment). But I think for many people, Bigfoot DNA's won't make any difference on their everyday lives. They probably will believe until seeing a clear (and verified) foto of the creature.

My point is, there will be a DNA classification of a creature that remains "unseen". (PD. Snow leopards are rarely seen, but there is pictures proving their existence). And for some people, seeing is believing. And maybe it is better in this way. Better than having ardent theology discussions, a plague of gunmen triying to hunt Bigfoot. other people being afraid of going into the woods, and a craze of bigfoot parades, action figures and t-shirts.

Greetings.

K. Adam.

"Is Proving Bigfoot Exists A Good Idea?"

When I first got interested in all this, my answer was..Yes. The longer I'm involved, the more my answer becomes.. a solid No.

I don't think it'd be any easier to find them knowing they exist (proven they exist) than it is now. A paper providing evidence or proof isn't going to make them easier to find.

BTW, when they are proven to exist I'm going to be so excited I'll probably have a Coke and get on the Internet to read about MotoGP racing results...which is different than now because I usually don't drink Coke. It'll be a story for a few days then become page nothing news, a non-issue. Hmmm, after writing all that I feel like a Coke...so I think I'll sign off for now.