Is Proving Bigfoot Exists A Good Idea?

Guest Particle Noun

I dunno. I think the discovery will be a tremendous shot of 'wonder' into the western world (note I say Western world. Much of the eastern world already accepts beings like this in one form or another). IMO anyone who would be blase about final proof of their reality has lost their 'wonder' gene, which , in my even humbler opinion, is one of the most important things we have a human beings.

I think many are underestimating the impact this will have as a social, religious force.

Guest MikeG

Guys 'n gals,

don't let's forget our "no religion" rule, hey? We're OK so far........but no further.

Mike

Guest Particle Noun

Sorry, Toeing the line there....so hard to avoid when talking about the implications of finding the big guy! Maybe when my Premium membership goes through I can see those kind of discussions in the Tar Pit!

I don't agree that it's all that paradigm shaking. BF is just another critter on the planet, just like all the others (including us).

Documenting BF will raise no issues that have not already been raised (and then frequently ignored) by other discoveries.

I agree with Mulder on that point, unless BF is living in tribes with huts, speaking a complicated language and using tools, I have the feeling most people will just look at them the same way we all look at dolphins, elephants and the other great apes.

Smart animals but thats it.

I agree with Mulder on that point, unless BF is living in tribes with huts, speaking a complicated language and using tools, I have the feeling most people will just look at them the same way we all look at dolphins, elephants and the other great apes.

Smart animals but thats it.

And if they were living as you described, they'd be treated as weird-looking humans.

Again, nothing special.