Is Bigfoot A Hairy Human Being?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest thermalman

We may have some abilities that put us above the OTHER animals, but we are still an animal.

Hey Mike, did you mean to say mammal, instead of animal?

Guest thermalman

an·i·mal  (n-ml)

n.

1. A multicellular organism of the kingdom Animalia, differing from plants in certain typical characteristics such as capacity for locomotion, nonphotosynthetic metabolism, pronounced response to stimuli, restricted growth, and fixed bodily structure.

2. An animal organism other than a human, especially a mammal.

3. A person who behaves in a bestial or brutish manner.

4. A human considered with respect to his or her physical, as opposed to spiritual, nature.

5. A person having a specified aptitude or set of interests: "that rarest of musical animals, an instrumentalist who is as comfortable on a podium with a stick as he is playing his instrument" (Lon Tuck).

adj.

1. Relating to, characteristic of, or derived from an animal or animals: animal fat.

2. Relating to the physical as distinct from the spiritual nature of people: animal instincts and desires.

[Middle English, from Latin, from animle, neuter of animlis, living, from anima, soul; see an- in Indo-European roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

animal [ˈænɪməl]

n

1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) Zoology any living organism characterized by voluntary movement, the possession of cells with noncellulose cell walls and specialized sense organs enabling rapid response to stimuli, and the ingestion of complex organic substances such as plants and other animals Related prefix zoo-

2. any mammal, esp any mammal except man

3. a brutish person

4. Facetious a person or thing (esp in the phrase no such animal)

5. (Engineering / Automotive Engineering) Austral informal a very dirty car

adj

1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Animals) of, relating to, or derived from animals animal products an animal characteristic

2. of or relating to the physical needs or desires; carnal; sensual

[from Latin animal (n), from animÄlis (adj) living, breathing; see anima]

Information purposes.

Guest Twilight Fan

Everyone is looking at what a human is from a purely biological level. You must realize that there is much more to being human than our DNA.

Guest thermalman

In some cases.....yes. Humans have plenty of pride, it's how we act upon it, that determines our set goals and end results.

Edited by thermalman

Guest TexasTracker

I think there is much more to many animals beyond DNA. Anyone that's ever had a faithful, loving pet growing up will tell you the same thing.

The standards that we set ourselves apart from animals have had to be re-written over the years. At one point, we believed that we were the only ANIMAL that was capable of speech/language.... likewise, at one point we were thought to be the only animal capable of using tools... etc, etc

It's not a agrument that can me easily won/lost.

No doubt, we manipulate our environment more so than any animal I can think of. Does that mean we are smarter?? I think it makes us more destructive actually.

If you don't think you are an animal, go spend a few weeks in the woods. It can be humbling.

What, pray tell, are the other animals that are capable of speech/language? And please, don't post a video of some animal mimicking sounds.

Guest MikeG

Yes, such as dolphins, but so what?

I'll give you that list again.

Animal

Mineral

Vegetable.

That's your choice.........

Hey, thanks TexasTracker....er, I mean Mike.

I will grant that dolphins can communicate with each other, however, please show me a conversation between a human and a dolphin, using speech, where both know what is being communicated, without learned tricks.

Also, please show me a conversation between two dolphins, where abstract thought process is being displayed.

TexasTracker said "speech/language".

Thanks.

Edited by Splash7