Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

SSR Team

Thank you for your thoughtful reply BobbyO, and thank you for the link to that sighting report. I'm encouraging anyone that has sighting reports to provide links in this thread so we can explore the phenomenon.

Your sighting report link made me think of a report I'd read some time ago of a sighting in moonlight. The witness said that the hair had an iridescent quality to it, changing according to how the creature changed position. I can't find that report right now and perhaps someone else can find the link. I did find this report that mentions the iridescent quality (observed in daylight):

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=21951

As luck would have it, i updated the SRR with this yesterday Mr Sleuth, Clark County WA, is this it ??

http://208.109.31.181/GDB/show_report.asp?id=933

Guest thermalman

thermalman; You're right. I've seen them reveal hidden boogers that we wouldn't have otherwise seen. But I'm not sure they're really that useful up close. It definitely changed our tactics when we used one. It allowed us to spot the boogers from a distance and then to move towards them and other times it allowed us to spot them moving in towards us. However, they stopped further out than was usual for that area. I'm pretty sure they saw the thermal camera and were wary of it.

The best success we had with it was at a location where we were able to spot one moving into a small grove of trees where there was a low spot overgrown with honeysuckle and other vegetation. The booger buried itself up in the honeysuckle but we could still see it with the thermal imaging. We were able to ease in within 50 feet or so of it, but still couldn't see it even with flashlights. But at about that range the danged thing started hissing at us. The only time I've ever seen that. When we tried to ease closer, it definitely let us know we were close enough.

How many boogers have you witnessed in your life? :)

Edited by thermalman

If any of you have ever experienced something like this in the field I'd like to hear about it.

I don't know if we're thinking about the same smell, but several of us have noticed a sweet, fruity, perfume-like smell just before & a few weeks after a new baby would be born. They don't have to be right in your face to smell it, because it's really strong.

• Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

As luck would have it, i updated the SRR with this yesterday Mr Sleuth, Clark County WA, is this it ??

http://208.109.31.18...port.asp?id=933

Thanks for that report. I especially like this part:

"A couple of investigators from Seattle arrived and proceeded to establish a camp in the early evening on the steep hillside, where the thimbleberry patch had been found. After several hours, about 11 PM, they came racing down the hillside, dragging their unfolded tent and sleeping bags behind in disarray, got into their VW van and left without further comment, never to be heard from again."

:D:D:D I wonder if those guys were unknowingly tree knocking or call blasting insults to the BF? :D:D:D

However, it's not the one I have in mind. This was a night time account with 3 or 4 guys going down to a stream to fish, and one guy following and taking the wrong "Y" in the trail, then coming face to face with a BF in the moonlight. He described hair that at times seemed clear, at times reflecting the moonlight, and even though he was a short distance away at times it was difficult to see the BF.

SSR Team

However, it's not the one I have in mind. This was a night time account with 3 or 4 guys going down to a stream to fish, and one guy following and taking the wrong "Y" in the trail, then coming face to face with a BF in the moonlight. He described hair that at times seemed clear, at times reflecting the moonlight, and even though he was a short distance away at times it was difficult to see the BF.

Sorry Mr S, that doesn't ring any bells to me.

If i do come across it i'll be sure to let you know..;)

Oh great. Now every time I look and see a stump or a tree I am going to have to question it.

Just run up and kick it. You'll find out real quick if its a squatch!

SSR Team

Can anyone recall a BFRO report of a group of school kids arriving at a forest campsite car park kind of area and one of the teachers spotting a Sasquatch in the car parking area when they were getting the Kids off the Bus and the Squatch immediately ducking for cover behind a garbage area or somewhere like that with 30 plus Kids walking straight past it, only a few feet away ??

If anyone is truly surprised by BF's ability to hide, all you need to do is watch an animal planet show about lions or tigers. Prime example of using natural instinct and natural camo to their advantage.

We humans are not that special, cant find the source right now but our brains make up 99% of what we see. So if we see something that is short, brown and not moving..our brain will cycle through all the potential things it should be in that enviroment and give us the most likely conclusion. Heck thats why people and animals freeze up in fear sometimes, the brain just doesnt process it quick enough to kick your flee instinct into gear.

Another reason I think that people going out expecting in their mind to see a Bigfoot...usually "see" a bigfoot

Guest BigEddie

Thank you BFSlueth for the share . I too feel that these creatures have extraordinary sight, hearing and instant cover ability. It has been mastered by BF and needs this means for survival.

Peace

Guest Mudder

I was reading the written reports of Iowa today, and came across this. It's an awesome report from 2007 that Steve Moon followed up on. Turkey hunter in full camo in a tree...

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=29125

author: "When it stopped and stood still it became nearly invisible in the forest."

Steve Moon: "Witness explained that each time it stopped the creature seemed to completely disappear, which totally baffles the witness."

Edit: I should also point out my experiences while paintballing with a group in the woods with full camo -- It's amazing what camo can do -- I would always comment to people across the way before playing Capture The Flag that I could barely see them, even when I knew exactly where they were, looking right at them. Camo in any way or shape or form is an awesome trait to have. Some animals have great camo and some don't.

Edited by Mudder

Guest BFSleuth

Brilliant, Mudder! That's the report of the turkey hunter I was talking about earlier in this thread.

Also, note that the BF was examining leaves as it came down the valley. The OP BF was actively eating leaves. I do think that leaves are an essential part of their diet.

Has anyone heard of a type of blindness caused by disbelief? I was watching a documentry about the spanish landing in the "new world", they said that some of the Aztec people couldnt see the ships because it was just too much for them. there was even a medical term for it but I dont remember. I think BFs abilitys have a lot to do with their bush skills. Also though I think for the average Joe/Jane (hunter or not), seeing a BF is just too far out to comprehend.