Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

Guest BFSleuth

I think it must be more than just being able to freeze and avoid detection from being stationary. Many people have described an almost translucent quality to BF hair and how well it blends into the background when they stand still. Their coloration is often described in terms that would match bark, so seeing a "stump" in the middle of a field (especially if they strike a pose that hides their bipedal silhouette) could complete the illusion.

Guest owlap

Someone posted that they did not believe the original story because the kid could still see the BF after it squatted down etc. If you take into consideration the posibility that infrasound could have given the hunters that walked closely by a feeling of calmness, or impaired their vision, etc. and the observer was so far away that the infrasound did not affect him, then it could be possible. It also makes a difference that the observer knew where the BF was. He had been watching for a while and by then knew what it looked like. He watched it assume the position. The other two hunters were just walking along, his description is not of someone still hunting where you take a couple of steps and look around you for deer etc. They were walking like they were on a deer drive where you walk along trying to push deer out of cover. If that was the case then they were watching for movement. When deer hunting you look for parts of an animal, an ear, eye, flick of a tail, the straight line of a back. The eye contact thing stikes a chord with me. I do not know how many times that has been the first thing I have seen of a deer or how many times I have blown my own cover because I stared too hard at a deer. I was turkey hunting and was walking back to camp, and had my buddy scare the crap out of me when he steped out of a juniper bush within 5 foot of me. On another occation turkey hunting, I was walking down a two rut and saw a red fox trotting towards me in the same rut. I stopped. I was fully camoflaged. He kept coming, looking staight at me. He got to within 10 feet of me and I said 'hello'. He stopped and dropped the quail he had in his mouth and looked at me. I did not move, and he picked up the bird and trotted off to the side looking back occastionally until I lost him in the brush. If you are not looking for something you definately will not see it.

I have often believed at these creatures had the ablity to make us feel fear, I just never knew what to call it. Thank you to Autum for giving me something more to ponder.

Guest thermalman

I crave at the chance to thermal a BF, hiding in plane sight or not, day or night, a thermal camera would pick him out of the crowd. Best part is, he wouldn't even know I'm looking at him through the camera.

:pic:

Edited by thermalman

So maybe bigfoot carries a big bush around with him and hides behind it when people are around. If he needs to move, he just picks the bush up a little bit and moves really slow keeping the bush in front of him. It would be real inconspicuous. Especially if the bigfoot imitates bird noises. If people see the bush move, they will think its just a bunch of birds fighting in the bush, knocking it around.

Edited by squating squatch

Oh right, NJ then.

Not actually IN Central Park, like i read it.. :D

You read it right. Tom wrote in one of his books about being in Central Park for a while which is what JVDBogart was referring to.

SSR Team

You read it right. Tom wrote in one of his books about being in Central Park for a while which is what JVDBogart was referring to.

Yeah i'm completely aware of that, but i was obviously querying it with regards to what you wrote, which was :

" Last time I was there, I heard a 'whoop' sound that came out of a portion of that forest and some other students reported hearing 'someone walking around back there'; perhaps there is another explanation for why that part of the forest is 'creepy'. "

You were talking about Central Park, NYC with regards to what you wrote above yeah ?

Thanks for posting that, Bobby! I wonder if infrasound can also impart a calm, unafraid feeling.

I've noticed that I often get a strange, peaceful feeling when they are close. I've never had an explanation for it.

Some Native Americans say BF has the ability to "hypnotise". I wonder if that would be the result of infrasound.

Guest JVDBogart

Hey BobbyO, I will field that question for Sal. He was referring to Tom Brown's Tracker School in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey as the place where he heard the "whoops" and "the walking around."

Right. It was right on the edge of the creepy section of forest Tom calls 'Hell'.

Guest JVDBogart

Sal, remember Grandfather's camp?? Gave me goosebumps to stand in the actual place that Grandfather once did! Tom and his wife, Celeste, were camping together in Grandfather's camp the night I arrived there. My shelter was pretty close the them and I was paranoid to say or do anything the whole night LOL

Edited by JVDBogart

Been there many times...

Once Tom showed us how debris covers tracks. He scraped up about 1 inch worth of soil and found tracks made by a dog of his that died over ten years ago.

SSR Team

Cool, complete comprende now, thanks Guys..