Todd Standing Baby Bigfoot Photo

Guest wudewasa

As far as motives go ? Well, he's still bundling stuff into DVD packages for sale, and evidently there's still enough people out there willing and eager enough to be separated from their hard earned money- to make his continued efforts worthwhile.

I for one, continue to find him completely untrustworthy, and wouldnt pay a dime to see any of his stuff at this point.

-A-

Art, this is a recurring pattern that you have hit upon in the bigfoot community. Whether it's a DVD, camping trip, freezer full of costume, block of ice, campy TV show etc., there always seems to be some squatch oil salesman trying to use people's interest to market their alleged "real" product unscrupulously.

Guest Transformer

But in another thread it is argued that money is NOT a motivating factor for inventing and marketing a hoax. Why do we think that some are immune to such mundane human weaknesses while others are not?

Great point "Art1972", brings to mind the story if "the boy who cried wolf". Even if he is able to now produce the worlds best evidence, no one would believe him. I wonder if people like him who claim to be "serious researchers", give that any thought before launching their hoaxs. They may as well find another way to spend their time than in the field because no matter what they come up with, it will be immediately dismissed by 99% of the bf community.

Guest BFSleuth

But in another thread it is argued that money is NOT a motivating factor for inventing and marketing a hoax. Why do we think that some are immune to such mundane human weaknesses while others are not?

I'm not sure how I might answer your question about what separates the variety of motivations, but in regard to TS I think it is likely an effort that helps his video and film business.

I knew a guy at my highschool who would spend hours making many accounts on forums just for the purpose of trolling. He didn't get paid and probably could have used that time to get a job or something, but yet he still did it for fun. Some people just enjoy attention.

BFF Patron

Hmmmm.... did he ever use the handles blue bear or fenris? :D (not to derail, but you couldn't make alot of money playing at trolling unless you were hacking, however you could make more money as a film producer if you could flim-flam somebody into believing what you had was an uncatalogued N. American primate).

Guest thermalman

I'm still in shock that the BFRO actually used an episode on this Guy to be honest.

I'm not. It's like the old saying.... "Blind leading the blind!"

Throw in Biscardi and you've got the new generation of The Three Stooges. :o

Edited by thermalman

Guest Spectre

1297194653188_ORIGINAL.jpg

Thanks for addressing this photo, Zen. Mr. Standings reputation as a hoaxer aside, I have a question for those of you who have personally seen bigfoot. How close is this face to what you saw?

Guest OntarioSquatch

^I haven't seen one, but I know it's close. He uses that as a way to make it look convincing. I wonder if Adrian Erickson will take him to court or something lol. Bottom line is, he's aiming for the money in your pockets using fake sculptures in an imaginary land called Sylvanic. Google Sylvanic and you'll get all of his hoaxes and maybe Sylvia Browne.

Guest wudewasa

Not Fenris bipedalist, that's a different guy. He's a good researcher from a totally different area of the country, very data based and objective, tired of unsubstantiated claims. Seems to be at odds with certain folks on BFF. I won't give more details so as to respect his anomynity, but I'm sure that he would disregard Standing's work as a hoax.

I've seen what I think was a Yowie. I would say, that photo looks like a Bigfoot the way Freddy Krueger looks like a burns victim. Basic idea is correct except its close but no cigar.

BFF Patron

Not Fenris bipedalist, that's a different guy. He's a good researcher from a totally different area of the country, very data based and objective, tired of unsubstantiated claims. Seems to be at odds with certain folks on BFF. I won't give more details so as to respect his anomynity, but I'm sure that he would disregard Standing's work as a hoax.

Not talking about Standing here but the guy Zoala knew in H.S. just for clarification wude.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. While I don't condone or understand the way Standing presents himself, I do think he has captured some compelling images. Are they real? Who knows but, as far as I know, nobody has conclusively proven that his photos were hoaxed.

For all anybody knows, they could be real. Many people say the subjects in his photos are props or some kind of special effects. However, nobody has demonstrated how easy it would be to create these images. Standing does not make a lot of money and quality special effects cost money. If his latest photo shows an "animatronic" Bigfoot, I'd like to know where he got the money to pay for it? How much would something like this cost?

I tend to doubt Standings claims for the same reasons that people have already stated. His stories are outrageous and overly sensational. However, he has clear and focused images. I have never seen a Bigfoot but Standing's latest photo looks pretty real to me.

For the mean time, I'm on the fence and my argument is the same as has been used to defend the P&G for so many years..... If it's so easy to make a costume like this; then do it.

• Upvote 1