Squatches On The Edge Of Suburbia

Guest VioletX

Guest VioletX

Is it possible?

If possible, is it likely?

Here's an example, I live on the outside edge of a Metropolitan area, maybe half hour or more from places of not too recent sightings, but we do have a long stretch of woods and stream between and beyond a few subdivisions. As I walk my dog I feel a bit silly scanning for something mysterious among-st the trees, but I still do it :search: .

Edited by VioletX

How does your dog react? Does the dog seem to bark in certain directions at times? How often do you walk through the same area? change your route if you feel uncomfortable. I was told by ones who knows that I should not take my daughter with me in the woods. I did ask why but was just told not too. later I learned why and the truth is that there could be no way I could have protected her. Your dog will always know first before you know. They have a good sence and know. If it is a creature it will show itself to you when it believes you are ready which is never. Thats the humur that they have cuase one is never ready. if your dog is not leashed it will be gone unless it is a dumb dog goes for it.

some of our reports here in Michigan have been on the out skirts of the city. So no it is not so far fetch that they are being seen in the metro areas hitting the garbage or whatever else it feels exploring. hope this helps and I hope I did not scae you but to make you think.just be carefull. even if people here are talking about communicating and being amongts them and all that. Treat them like you would a bear or a moose. Stay safe and learn as much as you can before you start trying to set a relationship. Just a sggestion and my opionion.

Guest VioletX

Julio126, thanks for the post, whatever you are suggesting sounds pretty chilling, but I do keep my Dog leashed usually, I am more likely to now and hopefully we are near enough houses that my daughter would be safe.

I am hoping that it is most likely you would encounter a non-threatening Big Foot.

Thanks for the vid. Ontario Squatch, is this guy legit.? I have seen a couple videos and they have such clarity, I am not used to in a Bigfoot video,lol.

Ontariosquatch, what makes you think that thing behind the tree is a BF? All I see is what appears to be an arm but yet I see absolutely no sign of the body. That must be a very thin BF standing behind the tree not moving. Also, what area of Ontario is in the vid, since you said that area has no bears. I live in Toronto btw.

I downloaded the BFRO google earth sightings layer and found quite a lot of urban sightings by just looking at that map, the California part. That is one way to find those.

Violet a website called bigfootencounters has a lot of info that many find pretty reliable...some in depth articles and has been around for a long time and that will make you feel better about your daughter, etc....cant think of any modern reports of known BF kidnappings, etc....lots of speculation on missing people in the forest recently, but seems sensationalism and for selling books.....

the other thing to do, easy and fun, check for tracks and such routinely on your walks, they do make them and much more often than reported, or that we hear about as the real deal.....and also those stick layouts, or tree twists (they are distinctive and many photos online)

learn your resident birds and mammals and their night sounds, that will settle a lot of fears, most weird sounds at night (or day) are known animals, but sometimes not and if something is out of place or behaving wrong, whistling, etc.....then that is a similar sign as a track if you can eliminate other reasons and there are great online clips of animal sounds..in different situations and so on.. Cornell has a sound library

many in your situation use small recorders all night and review the files, and get surprises...

.but mostly if you don't look you won't ever know, they don't want to bother you and really don't want to be seen even.....and do most of their work around human dwellings in the dark, when we are tucked in bed....a kind of parallel niche for them

on dogs I have heard some contradictory stories from sources i trust..so depends on the BF and the dog... a barking aggressive dog is more at risk than the types that come running home tail tucked...

my two cents.... I think the reports from Ohio and the SE US and OK/TX might compare as these areas have sightings in semi rural areas as well....

Edited by apehuman

Guest Twilight Fan

SQUATCH in the CITY.

....Coming soon to HBO....

It'll be the new "Sex and the City!" ;)

But yes, of course it's possible.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Ontariosquatch, what makes you think that thing behind the tree is a BF? All I see is what appears to be an arm but yet I see absolutely no sign of the body. That must be a very thin BF standing behind the tree not moving. Also, what area of Ontario is in the vid, since you said that area has no bears. I live in Toronto btw.

I believe it's not far from Toronto. The one in the video is just barely peeking. There's really no way to tell how big it is since Jim probably doesn't even know which tree that was. They see him way before he see's them, making it almost impossible to get close. Or even notice them at all. I was skeptical about Bigfoot living in Southern Ontario, but now I believe they are pretty much everywhere. With places like Washington state having the largest numbers. It's amazing how well they avoid us.

Guest VioletX

Twilight Fan and Denialist, you guys are funny!

Thanks Ape Human, I do not really feel that I need to be afraid, but caution is good.

Dogs are strange, I think my current dog would bark, but then again I am not sure as he has never been around a potential predator, but he will bark at horses. My last two dogs were scared of horses, when they met two on a trail once they froze and looked in the opposite direction, maybe hoping if they could not see them that they would be invisible or something.

Good information, I look forward to going out into nature more in the near future.

Thanks for more info on the Timber Giant video, if Toronto has Big Boot why can't the suburbs of No Va?

Guest Shaun

Here in the UK the Fox has adapted to an urban lifestyle, and I believe you guys have similar situations with Black Bears in the US? The food sources are easier than taking prey in the wild.

The more space we humans take up, the more we take up the natural habitat with other species.

But, squatch is possibly a different beast and goes all out to avoid us. I think they only show up where new developments have popped up that now take up space that was once 'theirs'.

Guest VioletX

Shaun,

Last year I lived closer to the city and I saw foxes and coyotes several times a week, but now that I am further out I never see any. I do see 1-2 rabbits each and every time I go on a neighborhood dog walk, and occasionally possum, skunk or raccoon.

So where are the foxes and coyotes, maybe hiding from the Sasquatch,lol? Do Bigfoot prey on rabbits and such, or more likely deer? We have deer here too, of course.

I really do not know enough about how my local wildlife coexists I guess.

Edited by VioletX