Squatches On The Edge Of Suburbia

Guest VioletX

Guest crabshack

At times closer than you may ever think, when one is moving through an area and shuts up all the neighbor hood dogs barking at it, with one single deep bellowing roar that can be heard inside a home with windows closed and the tv and ac on.

Here in the UK the Fox has adapted to an urban lifestyle, and I believe you guys have similar situations with Black Bears in the US? The food sources are easier than taking prey in the wild.

The more space we humans take up, the more we take up the natural habitat with other species.

But, squatch is possibly a different beast and goes all out to avoid us. I think they only show up where new developments have popped up that now take up space that was once 'theirs'.

In the U.S. the equivilant would be coyotes. There are differing ideas about how to deal with them. They become habituated and don't fear man. They start picking off pets left and right, and people say we should learn to live with them, don't leave food out, and they will just leave on their own. Tolerating them in the city only leads to more vicious attacks eventually, and on humans. The hard summers here in the south has driven them in to find water and food, but if all they can feed on is pets then they gotta go. JMO.

Guest VioletX

Southern Yahoo,

One of my cats was killed several years ago by the neighborhood fox or coyote, they are encroaching everywhere.

Is it possible?

If possible, is it likely?

Possible...but less likely or we would see them more.

I think they endup in our suburbs in a "just passing through" mode. We take up a lot of prime real-estate, especially along water-ways and what were once natural trails before we paved the over. I've moved about my home town late at night, and it is remarkable how few people move around in anything but a car. At night, you can see a car's headlights from a long way away and easily be behind a tree/hedge/rock when the vehicle comes close. I believe a Squatch could move around in a fairly populated area, at night, and pass through from one food area to another without being noticed - aside a few paniced dogs.

Tim

Guest SquatchinNY

VX, I live in a fairly-populaated area too. If they are here, photo-op! If they are here, what if they find out where I live?

I believe it's not far from Toronto. The one in the video is just barely peeking. There's really no way to tell how big it is since Jim probably doesn't even know which tree that was. They see him way before he see's them, making it almost impossible to get close. Or even notice them at all. I was skeptical about Bigfoot living in Southern Ontario, but now I believe they are pretty much everywhere. With places like Washington state having the largest numbers. It's amazing how well they avoid us.

That is an interesting video! Look for how much wind there is- you will see very little on the leaves. But as he zooms up the hill, there's a tree in the background that is rocking like it has a 50 mph wind on it. Its obviously being rocked by something....

Guest BFSleuth

We have had a few discussion threads dealing with BF in populated areas:

Populated Squatch

Sasquatch in Towns & Cities...?

Probably the best way to see clusters of sighting reports is to download Google Earth places from Mangini and/or the BFRO. Then the next time you launch Google Earth you will have a time slider in the upper left corner. Pull the 2 sliders to the right (most recent) then grab the left slider and move it to the left (back in time) and icons at sighting report locations will start to appear. You can click through and read each sighting report. You can spend countless hours looking at clusters of sightings and reading sighting reports in a target area.

Check out the sighting reports in the greater Chicago metropolitan area as an example. As noted in the previous threads the cover of darkness, wooded waterways, power lines, etc. all make for the ability of BF to travel unseen. There is plenty of forage and game close in to populated areas, including dumpsters, so I don't think it is out of the question to think they haven't adapted to life close by humans.

Southern Yahoo,

One of my cats was killed several years ago by the neighborhood fox or coyote, they are encroaching everywhere.

Same here last October, our city council did call in the USDA and they trapped and removed a few of them after I got photos of them in town.

post-215-0-95683900-1343101394_thumb.jpg

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think river valleys are a key here for urban areas. They make way for all sorts of animals to come into city's. I've encountered deer and wolf/coyote hybrids while steelhead fishing in downtown :blink: I was like how the heck did they get here lol

Guest ajciani

Certainly rivers play an important role. Most suburban and urban sightings seem to be near rivers.

Bigfoots are not just found on the edge of suburbia, but amidst suburbia as well.

There is a 2010, class A, daylight sighting outside Brookfield Zoo. This isn't just in suburbia, it is only a few miles from the Chicago city limits (about 3 miles, as the crow flies). I'm not sure what really splits urban and suburban, but the parking in that area is pretty much street and "towed at owner expense". I would consider it urban.

There are multiple sightings in the abandoned town of Bachelor's Grove, which is also just outside the Chicago city limits. Parking is better there (places have parking lots), so I guess it is suburban.

There are two reports along the Illinois Prairie Path in Algonquin. Both reports are pretty much in people's back yards, almost in the middle of the suburb.

I have seen some minor indications of bigfoots in forest preserves surrounded by houses, and I have seen very strong sign of bigfoots amongst the horse farms of the Barrington area.

In your neck of the woods, there are sightings near Baltimore-Washington International Airport, and even close to Bel Air, MD.

BTW, coyotes are very common here. I saw a young fox walking down the sidewalk a couple weeks ago. Last week, I walked within 15 feet of a small skunk (but it didn't even try to spray).

Remote mountainous regions, that's it. :whistle:

The notion the BF is everywhere seems silly to me. If they do exist, and I don't know that they do, they are only in remotest areas! I know I know, but people claim to see them all over...right! Yet, since 1967, nobody has once gotten any good clear video or pictures of something, anything, that could realistically be a BF...and even that PG footage is debated and debated, with no hint of a conclusion on the horizon.

I just don't get how people could toss all logic aside and believe these beasts are roaming around all over NA, with some magical skill set that lets them evade all cameras, or never get smoked by a vehicle, while every other animal, including humans, eventually end up under the grill of some truck or get caught on some camera somewhere.

I don't know what is more amazing, BF's evasive skills, or peoples ability to want to believe in something so bad, that they set aside common sense.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't know what is more amazing, BF's evasive skills, or peoples ability to want to believe in something so bad, that they set aside common sense.

Believing in Bigfoot is in no way setting aside common sense. Especially when one knows they exist based on the evidence. The interdimensional stuff is another story...

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest VioletX

Thanks for the links BFsleuth. I tried to look at Google Earth, but for some reason my computer is freezing.

I do live beside a creek with major power lines parallel to it.

Thanks for the info in your post Aciani, I would not be surprised if there were not sightings in Rappahanock, Shenandoah, even Stafford Va, to name some not too distant places. To use my Mom as an example, she lived in a rural area, without internet and cable, for several years recently and I am sure if she had seen a Big Foot she would not have reported it, I can imagine that is the case quite often.

Summitwalker, I am not really expecting to see a Bigfoot talking a stroll through my neighborhood;)

I do think they may occasionally come through certain suburban areas, and again I do not personally know what motivates them or interests them, am keeping an open mind.

The notion the BF is everywhere seems silly to me. If they do exist, and I don't know that they do, they are only in remotest areas! I know I know, but people claim to see them all over...right! Yet, since 1967, nobody has once gotten any good clear video or pictures of something, anything, that could realistically be a BF...and even that PG footage is debated and debated, with no hint of a conclusion on the horizon.

I just don't get how people could toss all logic aside and believe these beasts are roaming around all over NA, with some magical skill set that lets them evade all cameras, or never get smoked by a vehicle, while every other animal, including humans, eventually end up under the grill of some truck or get caught on some camera somewhere.

I got so close to two of them that I had to drive around them. They were in Colorado, but on Hiway 62, a major trunk hiway. Prior to that I really had no opinion on BF. I still don't, my knowledge that they exist is no opinion. They are quite real. Get 8 feet from one; there is no ambiguity.

The reason there have been no other films like the PGF is immaterial. There have been other videos that are legitimate. And they are all debated endlessly, which is how it will be for all time, because even if BF is acknowledged by 'science' the problem will be that many people will not want to believe its out there which is how it is right now, BTW. Some other debate comes from those that *want to believe* but don't want to be a smuck either. So they debate the evidence under whatever guise works. I think the debate is healthy; like any other field there are a lot of hoaxers with who-knows-what motivation for their work, and they need to be ferreted out.

• Upvote 1