Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

DOOD!

No, it's more fun to presume that things happen the way they do in real life.

Almost all bigfoot reports I have read amount to

1) hospitalizable condition;

2) big fat lie;

3) or what the witness says they saw.

Slipped discs ain't fun.

Funny...can't recall ever getting to an hypnotic state in my deer blind. (Not that I would have found it unpleasant) Oh, wait. Riiiiight. If you are IN a hypnotic state, you don't KNOW you are in an hypnotic state, so....

Wait too....you're going to hallucinate the same thing as two-thousand other people. Sure, that makes sense.

You keep on this way Drew you're gonna slip a disc. :-)

Well, excellent point there, WSA.

I'd go into some of the hallucinations I had as a real wee lad - most of which I think stemmed from Trying To Make Sense Of This World (I mean, we are talking some of my first conscious memories here). Well, I won't. But if I did, I think you'd find them, well, pretty unique.

I doubt that thousands of people are hallucinating a guidebook description of a yet to be documented great ape. (Or that scientists are hallucinating the tracks and track features they are saying that ape leaves behind.) That's an extraordinary claim, requiring the, well, extraordinary evidence to back it up.

Edited by DWA

Drew...well, no, not that either. Funny too, I've never talked to anyone who've said they have, or even knew someone who has. I take it you are plugged into a whole network of hunters who've had that happen to them, so I'll count on you to tell me their stories. And so, while I'm being a complete smart-ass about it (sorry, one of those mornings :spiteful: )...

I did another search too: "Everybody having the same consistent experience." Lo and behold. We call that "reality."

Not to stop there, I googled: "What do good scientists do?" Found this: " Pursue reported evidence to proof."

Got caught up in the whole exercise, so I asked google, "Throughout history, what has been the #1 way for humans to share information?" I was not too surprised at the answer.

Had to also know: "How does one overcome intellectual inertia?" Any guesses?

Edited by WSA

Yeah, um, this is getting silly.

And sillier? You all bigfoot skeptics - NOT skeptical! - have been doing it for one HUNDRED seventy-seven pages now.

What you are thinking now I know, WSA knows, Jeff Meldrum knows, etc....:

"You are the ones who have to come up with the proof."

Um, see, this is how I know you ain't bein' a scientist, son. Every proposition in a scientific debate must marshal evidence.

There is one position - one - in this discussion that has any evidence backing it up: undocumented North American species, probably a primate, likely a great ape.

That is the position that it is incumbent on the scientific mainstream to pursue to conclusion.

Sorry. Way it is.

(I hate being the bearer of good news. :fan: )

Edited by DWA

But this is like the sooper-o-may-zing part, and I know, I googled it:

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=34460

Three people, of two different generations, hallucinating the same thing at the same time.

And that happens a lot, if one, you know, reads.

It's true. I googled it.

You read, you learn stuff. No kidding.

I will say this, though.

I can diagnose - and I'm not even a doctor - a truly remarkable number of cases of rather hard to explain lack of curiosity about the world. I mean, right here on this board.

Edited by DWA

Drew...well, no, not that either. Funny too, I've never talked to anyone who've said they have, or even knew someone who has. I take it you are plugged into a whole network of hunters who've had that happen to them, so I'll count on you to tell me their stories. And so, while I'm being a complete smart-ass about it (sorry, one of those mornings :spiteful: )...

Funny, you admit to having hynogogic hallucinations in this very thread, you even say 'most everyone has had that happen to them on multiple occasions' but when it is a hunter, and it supports my argument, all of a sudden they never happen. Are you forgetting what you wrote about? Or just playing to the cheering section now?

Oh, most certainly Drew. I've had plenty of hallucinations while driving, walking in the woods at night, etc....but, without exception they were transitory and resolved by the time my tired/distracted brain finally got around to understanding what my eyes were REALLY seeing. Based on my experience in life, most everyone has had that happen to them on multiple occasions. Don't forget as well: These are not just visual hallucinations, if hallucinations they are. They are also olfactory, audible (and even) extra-sensory experiences. They are also (like the instant report) a shared experience. So? Mass hysteria? Coincidental occurrences? Bad water or an undigested piece of cheese Mr. Marley? C'mon.

Funny, you admit to having hynogogic hallucinations in this very thread, you even say 'most everyone has had that happen to them on multiple occasions' but when it is a hunter, and it supports my argument, all of a sudden they never happen. Are you forgetting what you wrote about? Or just playing to the cheering section now?

No.

What he's saying - to those who don't truncate sentences to make them read how they want - is:

"Read the part after those two words you highlighted."

Edited by DWA

Um, good to read after 'em anyway.

When one does, it's:

People don't let their misidentifications fool them for more than a moment or two, by and large. Much less go reporting them as facts.

That they are seeing an undocumented animal is a simple explanation.

That they are having a consistent mass hallucination is, well,...

People don't do that.

Um, good to read after 'em anyway.

When one does, it's:

People don't let their misidentifications fool them for more than a moment or two, by and large. Much less go reporting them as facts.

That they are seeing an undocumented animal is a simple explanation.

That they are having a consistent mass hallucination is, well,...

People don't do that.

OK, I guess I'll take your word for it...

Want to know what people REALLY don't do? Get verifiable evidence that a Giant Hairy Bipedal ape man is running around 6 lane highways, and trailer parks, terrorizing the drivers and residents.

Drew, absolutely, I did say that, of course. You referred to episodes while hunting, and nope, again, never had those and haven't ever heard of any hunters stating they have. Tell us where that information is and I'll look it over. As for what I have experienced, and heard others describe....extremely transitory and never accepted as reality for any appreciable length of time. And I think you can see the difference between that description and what you're trying to pass off as an explanation for a detailed, prolonged observation by a hunter, often through a telescopic sight.

OK, I guess I'll take your word for it...

Want to know what people REALLY don't do? Get verifiable evidence that a Giant Hairy Bipedal ape man is running around 6 lane highways, and trailer parks, terrorizing the drivers and residents.

And, yep! other assorted stuff, the kind of stuff animals do (and people are "terrorized" when it's something that is, well, real, but they were told over and over that it, well, isn't.

People REALLY DO! do that. Know why?

Sightings and footprints most certainly are "verifiable evidence." You, well, you know, get out there and verify.

Drew, absolutely, I did say that, of course. You referred to episodes while hunting, and nope, again, never had those and haven't ever heard of any hunters stating they have. Tell us where that information is and I'll look it over. As for what I have experienced, and heard others describe....extremely transitory and never accepted as reality for any appreciable length of time. And I think you can see the difference between that description and what you're trying to pass off as an explanation for a detailed, prolonged observation by a hunter, often through a telescopic sight.

But WSA, remember, they don't have to verify anything. The flat-earth people didn't, once upon a time, either.

They also don't have to have a position worth taking seriously. As the flat-earth people, well, don't.

Oh. Drew. Seeing an eight-foot bipedal ape, when they don't exist?

It means you're crazy.

Seeing things that aren't real - and insisting you saw them - is no way to go through day-to-day life. Intervention is needed.

On the other hand, if the thing you saw is real...then, you're right. You're fine. Science just has some unfinished business to attend to. Garden variety, happens every day.

Edited by DWA

Oh. Drew. Seeing an eight-foot bipedal ape, when they don't exist?

It means you're crazy.

Nope.

Seeing the Blackdog, doesn't mean your crazy, it might mean you are tired, or have a sleep disorder, but it does not mean you're crazy.

Only paranoid people, or people ignorant of facts, think that seeing something that doesn't exist means you're crazy. Anything that you see in your dreams, you can hallucinate hynogogic, it is REM sleep intrusion into your waking state. As you can see from this article below, some people choose to find out what is happening, other people call the BFRO and schedule a sighting report meeting.

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/hallucinations-while-driving-sleep-disorder-or-something-else.html

Nope.

Seeing the Blackdog, doesn't mean your crazy, it might mean you are tired, or have a sleep disorder, but it does not mean you're crazy.

Only paranoid people, or people ignorant of facts, think that seeing something that doesn't exist means you're crazy. Anything that you see in your dreams, you can hallucinate hynogogic, it is REM sleep intrusion into your waking state. As you can see from this article below, some people choose to find out what is happening, other people call the BFRO and schedule a sighting report meeting.

http://www.end-your-...thing-else.html

Um, last time I checked:

1) seeing something that isn't real...and insisting you saw it ....is crazy, no, it is:

2) following evidence is how you 'choose to find out what is happening;'

3) presuming something off the top of one's head and saying, there, thousands of those!...could not be less that.