Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

But this is like the sooper-o-may-zing part, and I know, I googled it:

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=34460

Three people, of two different generations, hallucinating the same thing at the same time.

And that happens a lot, if one, you know, reads.

It's true. I googled it.

You read, you learn stuff. No kidding.

I will say this, though.

I can diagnose - and I'm not even a doctor - a truly remarkable number of cases of rather hard to explain lack of curiosity about the world. I mean, right here on this board.

You can stop hammering that point. Believe me anyone who has spent 5 seconds in this thread has no problem understanding that you believe things you read on the Internet.

Couldn't read a lot of that article Drew.....a banner ad covered it and I couldn't get behind it. Frustrating.

What I could make out is that this person was having episodes of hallucinations while driving. From what I could tell, these were entirely plausible scenarios....light post falling, things in roadway, etc. Not sure this sheds much light on why individuals would consistently hallucinate a giant hairy being.

Again too, I've hunted and kept company with hunters all of my life and never had this presumption of yours confirmed by any first hand comments from anyone, nor have I read of such occurring with any regularity.

Edited by WSA

Some just choose to not understand what they don't want to. Drew, you are just an extreme case.

But at least you admit WSA is right and you're wrong. Baby steps.

Edited by DWA

Guest Stan Norton

Having been a field ecologist for many years now, spending time outside in the 'wilds' of England (!) I can hand-on-heart state categorically that I have never had a hypnogogic/hallucinatory experience. I have spent several consecutive years undertaking bat surveys - this entails a bout of staring at a building or tree for about three hours followed by a night-long stroll around the countryside and ending with a return visit to said building/tree to stare some more. All the time concentrating on observing something the size of a small bird flying around, in the dark, whilst using a rather complicated piece of bat detecting equipment. If that doesn't put you in a suitable state for weird experiences then I don't know what does. And yet, I have never seen (or imagined I've seen) something that wasn't there. Given the plethora of sightings here you might imagine I'd make up/imagine an encounter with a big black cat...or perhaps imagine swarms of rare bats circling my head. No, none of that - I was, remarkably, able to maintain my grip on reality for an extended time period and concentrate on my job. I imagine most hunters are able to do the same. Truly amazing when you think about it.

You can stop hammering that point. Believe me anyone who has spent 5 seconds in this thread has no problem understanding that you believe things you read on the Internet.

No, I just follow evidence.

Some people, however, don't like to have comfortable assumptions challenged by reality.

(Speaking of believing what one reads. Books of evidence for my position; and the first words for yours are located, um, where...? Where are you getting this? If no one agrees with you...you are....um....right....???)

And continuing to hammer hammer hammer on a position that all available evidence forcibly contradicts is....oh, that's not hammering.

Edited by DWA

^^ Thanks. Not really going to add much to the BF specifics. I have nothing new to say on that and have said my piece more than once, so no need to keep repeating ad naseum.

@DWA..what?? Sometimes I swear you just throw words into a random mixer and copy/paste the results. For someone who loves to appear smarter than others, you write some pretty incomprehensible things some times my friend.

No, you just aren't paying attention sufficiently. For somebody who seems pretty convinced of something, well...actually, those people frequently don't pay attention. So never mind.

Stan Norton.....ditto.

I've allowed myself to be sleep deprived and exhausted in the forest/mountains for days.....once walked 60 miles in a day, the last 10 of which were without a flashlight in the dark. I've walked days in the rain, sleeping in a wet bag and eating crappy and cold food. Outside of the life of a combat infantryman, I can't think of a person enduring worse discomfort, physical stress and sleep deprivation. So, you'd think I would have been beset with hobgoblins and boggey men. Nope. Hell, I didn't even see a Sasquatch,and that at least would have been some consolation.

As a theory to explain the non-existence of Sasquatch, this is one of the worst I've heard so far.

Other than the I-guess-we'll-call-them-hallucinations that followed my first exposure to things like television and my Mom in curlers and cold cream, at like one and a half years of age, I can't remember any hallucinations.

And I'm betting I wouldn't have any friends come up with lists either.

But sure, I can see thousands of us randomly generating consistent data indicating that faunal lists for North America are incomplete. Oh. OK there.

Edited by DWA

Simple meaning Dmaker...both DWA and I are still looking for that comprehensive explains-it-all treatise to llluminate for us all the mass hallucination/hoax/lie that is Sasquatch. You'd think the field would be littered with them, seeing how low this fruit hangs, eh? On that, we know, one would be dissapointed. Posterior extracted theory rules the day on that perspective.

Remember, WSA, when one has no evidence supporting one's position, P-E-theory is always handy. Just reach, well, there.

Any....day....now....

Come on, guys, make us respect something. Thousands of people are having, oh, I don't know, THIS? I bet if you tried to pitch that to any one of a number of these "hallucinators," oh, you'd be hallucinating all right. In cartoons it's represented as pinwheels and stars over the character's head, post-blunt-object.

Edited by DWA

You know what would be a great start DWA? How's about a naysayer taking on a BFRO sighting report one-on-one with the witness? Spend as much time and effort as it took to really, really, get to the (you say) real factual basis of the report. Just once. Here we have the PGF...knock yourself out and show us how it was done. You know, in way that won't make us grab our sides to keep from splitting them. Interview that witness and find out if he was sleep deprived or suffering from an undiagnosed medical condition. Criminal history? Drug or alcohol abuse? These are all knowable quantities and are well within the capabilities of any determined investigator. That is at least a start towards getting some cred and respect.

Hold it there, man! You are asking these guys to back up what they're saying!

That violates the First Rule of Bigfoot Skepticism, which is:

1. We're asking all the questions here.

Logical rule, when one has no answers.

Simple meaning Dmaker...both DWA and I are still looking for that comprehensive explains-it-all treatise to llluminate for us all the mass hallucination/hoax/lie that is Sasquatch. You'd think the field would be littered with them, seeing how low this fruit hangs, eh? On that, we know, one would be dissapointed. Posterior extracted theory rules the day on that perspective.

Maybe they got squished beneath all the BF bodies that no one can find.