Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Um, thousands of people have found them. Just ask them.

Of course, the mainstream is trying to hold on tight to its cherished incredulity just as long as it can on this one. They may be the last people in North America to find out. I mean, those who don't already know it's real but are just keeping up appearances and drafting their excuses.

Is this fun? Had to ask.

Edited by DWA

You can stop hammering that point. Believe me anyone who has spent 5 seconds in this thread has no problem understanding that you believe things you read on the Internet.

In my neverending quest to help people think.

OK.

You don't believe, what, anything you read? Anywhere? You got informed, how? This should be good.

That one report doesn't do it for you? Why? Got a reason? (No.) Thought about it? (No.)

Problem: you have a few thousand more to go. You are starting to get the dimensions of this, right?

You say you have an open mind. It'll help us to find out open to, precisely, um, what? Intellectual exercise. Help us out here.

You know what would be a great start DWA? How's about a naysayer taking on a BFRO sighting report one-on-one with the witness? Spend as much time and effort as it took to really, really, get to the (you say) real factual basis of the report. Just once. Here we have the PGF...knock yourself out and show us how it was done. You know, in way that won't make us grab our sides to keep from splitting them. Interview that witness and find out if he was sleep deprived or suffering from an undiagnosed medical condition. Criminal history? Drug or alcohol abuse? These are all knowable quantities and are well within the capabilities of any determined investigator. That is at least a start towards getting some cred and respect.

If you could guarantee honest answers, then that would be great, however, as you can tell from reading around the Bigfoot world, it's not necessarily the most honest place to conduct interviews. Bigfootry is made up of liars, hoaxers, and scammers, I really do not think that I could take their answers at face-value.

Also, I'm not saying all, or most, or even many of the sightings are the results of hallucinations. I'm saying a few are the result of such a scenario. The ones that I am talking about are similar to the WGBH sighting, the expedition sighting where the guy said the Bigfoot was pressing on his chest, and any sighting where the person says they were 'frozen with fear'. Frozen with fear is a laymen's explanation for sleep paralysis. Any sighting where the person claims they were 'zapped by infrasound and collapsed', that is a clear indication of catalplexy, one basic symptom of Narcolepsy. Narcolepsy of course, being a REM sleep disorder, where REM sleep intrudes on wakefulness.

I would put the number at 10% or less of the sightings being attributed to hallucinations and/or sleep disorders. So please don't say I am saying a huge number of the sightings are hallucinations. I think the bulk of the sightings are just made up BS, people having fun with investigators, or trying to get attention.

Edited by Drew

If you could guarantee honest answers, then that would be great, however, as you can tell from reading around the Bigfoot world, it's not necessarily the most honest place to conduct interviews. Bigfootry is made up of liars, hoaxers, and scammers, I really do not think that I could take their answers at face-value.

Drew, you brushing with a mighty wide stroke there. There are many if not most of us that DO NOT fall into your category here. As a matter of fact, the more I have been involved and actually investigated this, did interviews and had boots on the ground, the more the entire picture began to reveal itself to me.

All of this began when I tried to DISPROVE what me and my family were experiencing. Now, a few years after that I am in a totally different place. To be honest it is completely surreal. Even after all I know now.

KB

Having met a number of serious 'footers, "liars, hoaxers, and scammers" could not be further from the truth.

One of the best out-of-box zoological minds going sums it up.

I think that even expressing an interest in issues like this is a bad idea. That’s ridiculously unfair of course, stemming only from ill-informed knee-jerk negativity to this subject, and given that scientific inquiry of any phenomenon is a worthwhile pursuit, I like to think that more zoologists should actually get informed about mystery animals. ...I note that hardly any hard-line sceptics of things such as sasquatch display familiarity with the literature on the subject. - Darren Naish

Without people like him, mainstream science would be barely more than religion.

Here. Read, and see how people who think, think.

http://darrennaish.blogspot.com/2006/11/frame-352-and-all-that.html

Edited by DWA

Fair points Drew...but you've left out a huge swath of evidence to consider. All disciplines winnow data, good from the not so good. This field should be no exception. Some say they can't tell good information from bad when reading the sighting reports, and I'm always incredulous about that. Maybe I have a little more training in the field though. I do notice the idea of BF's existence being documented in eyewitness reports is not at all a hard sell to a lawyer. We are very comfortable weighing and parsing evidence in written form, and first-person narratives are our bread and butter. But still, all of us listen to people tell stories every day. Your choices are to believe all of it (not a good idea), none of it (not advisable either) or use your socialization skills and knowledge to figure out what has a high degree of trustworthiness. You can trust yourself...it is a rare individual who lacks these skills entirely. We all have to have them to operate in this world. Those that don't are either raised in a kind of feral isolation, or have a congenital lack of ability to interpret social cues.

Precisely.

Those of us who think about this know a lot about animals, the outdoors and those who go there. We are good at synthesis and parsing. We know what things sound plausible, and what things don't.

We also know that a whole lot of people who kneejerk knock this topic don't get outside much, and that a whole lot of those who do, don't think about it much.

I will add to these great rebuttle posts to Drew that I am a trained investigator and I have hunted since I was 6 years old. I spend many many days afield.

KB

On the subject of hunters and the zany things they do..

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=3385

O.K., yeah, on a basic level, this is one hilarious story, and probably is meant to be, but it is also rich in detail. There's a pretty long history of hunting tales in rural America. They all share the theme typically of the teller being the butt of the joke, while also being in on the gag, but then there is something else beneath it here. **** hunters are a special kind all together. My grandfather and several of my uncles ran **** dogs, and in reading this it helps you to know what kind of people they are. Running dogs is all about listening to them, and any good **** hunter can tell you a lot about what the dogs are on or into just by their voice, as this hunter does. Although nowhere does the witness say he encountered (or even saw) a Sasquatch, that belief obviously is the intent of the narrative. Many interesting details about the state of the deer carcass as well, which tend to make a body go "Hmmmm....". Especially if that body is familiar with all the other eye witness Sasquatch predation accounts. In other words, this account can be discounted much easier if the reader has not read the corroborating evidence...nothing new there.

(Guess the pejorative form of Racoon won't make it past the editing software, lol!)

Edited by WSA

Ok, so let's just throw out all civilian reports for a moment......hunters included.

What about reports from trained observers like police officers, park service rangers, military personnel including special forces.........

If this whole subject is a crock of malarkey? Then why do we get reports from this segment of the population as well? Ok so a Army Green Beret is tired.......hasn't slept in a while and he sees something........fine. But what if what he saw is collaborated by the whole patrol? Then what?

How far are we willing to go to destroy their credibility?

If Army Green Beret's are mistaken when they see something like that while on patrol? What are they also mistaken about when it comes to foreign wars such as Iraq or Afghanistan......?

I hear this argument with UFO's as well.......it's fine when a Cessna pilot sees something odd........but what about a F15 Eagle pilot? If F15 pilots are chasing mistaken identifications all over the sky in full after burner with guns hot? We have a serious serious problem on our hands.......

Norse, could you please provide links to substantiated reports by entire patrols of Green Berets that reporting seeing a Bigfoot? I'm curious to see how many of those there are.

Norse, could you please provide links to substantiated reports by entire patrols of Green Berets that reporting seeing a Bigfoot? I'm curious to see how many of those there are.

No, I'm not. But I can point you in the right direction. There is a BFRO report of a US Army SF team in Alaska. And there is also one that was in a documentary of Marines encountering two I think during war games in the Sierras. That's two accounts that snap right to mind.......there are others.

I encourage you to go dig around and look for yourself.

No, I'm not. But I can point you in the right direction. There is a BFRO report of a US Army SF team in Alaska. And there is also one that was in a documentary of Marines encountering two I think during war games in the Sierras. That's two accounts that snap right to mind.......there are others.

I encourage you to go dig around and look for yourself.

And let's see what fruit that yields. The last thing I'm gonna do with anybody who keeps telling me this whole thing is crap is do his research for him. We know everything we know about this for a reason. (There are numerous, multiple-witness encounters by military personnel. I've read them.)

I think the reports of service personnel are some of the most intriguing reports we know about. For starters, these individuals have specialized training in observation/stealth/evasion techniques. Secondarily, what incentive would they have to fabricate such a story? Disincentive is more like it. The paperwork alone.....!

Yes indeed too Dmaker...dive into the reports and you'll find any number of these. Along the way, you'll find many, many more worth reading too. Be sure to give us your feedback once you do. I for one am always eager to get the impressions of somebody who has read a substantial number of those for the first time.