Operation Persistence

One?  Yeah.

Thousands of them, reporting something so consistently that I tend to tick off five "frequently reported" markers every time I see one?

You aren't curious about that?  At all?

OK.  Some are.

But do you think you are the only person that is capable of noticing 5 major trends in something?  Surely, liars and hoaxers are not capable of the same basic skills of observation? Or even less insidious is the notion that sometimes ideas filter into people's conscious simply through watching tv or consuming some other form of media. That people may have the basics for a matching idea of Sasquatch that would fit your mental report template without even knowing it.

Well if you are telling me that all of this evidence is the result of people comparing notes ...combined with people who are visually or mentally impaired....combined with people who are innocently mis-identifying known animals

(none of which could reasonably be mistaken for a huge bipedal primate)

and that all of this is being tied up in a neat package that a primatologist or an ecologist or a wildlife biologist could buy, a package good enough to be fooling qualified scientists applying their science

...well, let's just say I'm skeptical of presumptions like that.

You completely missed the point. How about adding people who file reports that include your 5 points simply because they have been exposed to the Bigfoot myth at some point in their life and their brain recalled that and shaped their recollection of whatever event they experienced? You kinda left that one out, which was pretty much my point.

Also, while at it. It would be great if you could start being more honest with your assessment of what is going on. It, as a whole, is not a neat little package that a scientist could buy. In fact it's a huge, gaudy mess when taken as a whole that includes teleportation, telepathy, invisibility, intra-dimensional travel, and a global distribution that rivals mankind.  Now what, exactly, is neat and acceptable about that?

Now I know you are going to respond with BS detectors, etc. And that is fine, but how about including those in your sweeping statements? You don't say, "...after I have conveniently removed what I don't like from the witness reports, we are left with a neat package..."

Edited by dmaker

http://anthro.palomar.edu/earlyprimates/early_2.htm

Transitional primate-like creatures were evolving by the end of the Mesozoic Era (ca. 65.5 million years ago).  At that time, the world was very different from today.  The continents were in other locations and they had somewhat different shapes.  North America was still connected to Europe but not to South America.  India was not yet part of Asia but heading towards it at a surprisingly rapid rate of nearly 8 inches (20 cm.) per year.  Australia was close to Antarctica.  Most land masses had warm tropical or subtropical climates.

Do you think the Oklahoma Wood Ape, is more closely related to the Asian Apes, or the African Apes, based on your observations?

or, do you think it is a case of independent evolution and split off from the New World Monkeys?

Funny you mention New World Monkeys. In his book "Recasting Bigfoot," Gian J Quasar argues for two types of Bigfoot. One is the relict Neanderthal. The other is a big surprise. He believes they are anthropoid monkeys, laterally evolved from New World Monkeys. And he believes this type was shot in South America in 1920 and photographed, propped up, on a crate. Sound familiar? Yep, Quasar argues one form of Bigfoot is Francois de Loys "ape." http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4302

One?  Yeah.

Thousands of them, reporting something so consistently that I tend to tick off five "frequently reported" markers every time I see one?

You aren't curious about that?  At all?

OK.  Some are.

But do you think you are the only person that is capable of noticing 5 major trends in something?  Surely, liars and hoaxers are not capable of the same basic skills of observation? Or even less insidious is the notion that sometimes ideas filter into people's conscious simply through watching tv or consuming some other form of media. That people may have the basics for a matching idea of Sasquatch that would fit your mental report template without even knowing it.

Well if you are telling me that all of this evidence is the result of people comparing notes ...combined with people who are visually or mentally impaired....combined with people who are innocently mis-identifying known animals

(none of which could reasonably be mistaken for a huge bipedal primate)

and that all of this is being tied up in a neat package that a primatologist or an ecologist or a wildlife biologist could buy, a package good enough to be fooling qualified scientists applying their science

...well, let's just say I'm skeptical of presumptions like that.

You completely missed the point. How about adding people who file reports that include your 5 points simply because they have been exposed to the Bigfoot myth at some point in their life and their brain recalled that and shaped their recollection of whatever event they experienced? You kinda left that one out, which was pretty much my point.

Also, while at it. It would be great if you could start being more honest with your assessment of what is going on. It, as a whole, is not a neat little package that a scientist could buy. In fact it's a huge, gaudy mess when taken as a whole that includes teleportation, telepathy, invisibility, intra-dimensional travel, and a global distribution that rivals mankind.  Now what, exactly, is neat and acceptable about that?

Now I know you are going to respond with BS detectors, etc. And that is fine, but how about including those in your sweeping statements? You don't say, "...after I have conveniently removed what I don't like from the witness reports, we are left with a neat package..."

I haven't removed anything from the witness reports.  What I say includes all that and that's where BS detectors come in.  You should invest.

This isn't "you must say something that agrees with me."  Sorry, this don't work that way.  You aren't engaging those BS detectors.  Most don't.

It's not exactly a neat little package if one has to prune the bull crap out of it before it makes sense, now is it?

That's where BS detectors come in.

I've noticed that bigfoot skeptics try to force all the BS to stay in, for a pretty obvious reason:  it makes their case look stronger. 

It's just not science.  The process of pruning out BS and focusing on what looks like solid evidence - sorting signal from noise - is the essence of scientific endeavor.

It should be obvious that when the scientific mainstream abandons a question, the BS meter is gonna redline.  Just more sorting to do, that's all.

And you're still not telling me why I should take you over the scientists who agree with me.  While we're on application of BS meters.

WRT to the origin and lineage of the wood apes in North America, all we can do (any of us) is conjecture until such time that a specimen is procured and its DNA can be analyzed. The NAWAC is focused on observable behavior of the animal as it is today and, it is hoped, the collection of a large enough sample to make the kind of analysis I mentioned possible. 

...virtually any subject of substance and many of suspect substance acquire political undertones. This is not a new phenomena. Venturing into areas that attract public notice without taking that into account is akin to wandering into a minefield without a magnetometer.

Agreed. 

Our use of the term "ape" is based on our observations of their behavior and the parallels between that behavior and the behavior of species such as gorillas, chimps, and orangutans. We believe it's a better descriptor of the animal than the term "bigfoot." It's just that simple.

Bipto, I apologize if this has been covered in the past but I got to about page 10 and got tired of reading lol. Does the NAWAC have access to thermal imagers? They could be useful when having a "rock war"..

Do the thermal-imagers have the ability to record video?

Do you think the Wood Apes are able to count to  5?

Edited by Drew

^Drew, curious.  What does counting to 5 have to do with anything?

An old leopard hunting tactic.  5 people walk in to a blind, and only 4 walk out.   Leopard can't count, so it doesn't know they left the hunter in the blind.

Bipto, I apologize if this has been covered in the past but I got to about page 10 and got tired of reading lol. Does the NAWAC have access to thermal imagers? They could be useful when having a "rock war"..

Randy Harrington recorded on thermal video a horizontal rock throw bouncing off his Ford hood while him and his wife were inside that vehicle in a McCurtain County OK hot spot. FLIR was pointed towards vehicle at edge of camp to hope to capture anynight time vehicle approaches. You can see the heat image of the rock being much brighter than the surroundings and thy recorded the audio at the same time and took a photo of the sratch on the hood.

Thx Drew, yep, it's a deer hunting tactic as well.

Thought it was an odd question, but makes perfect sense now.