Operation Persistence

If one reads the reports, the chance of confusing a human - even one in a suit - with one of these animals is, effectively, nil.

Add to that that these people are seeing them and it goes below nil.

Add to that that at least a couple of occasions that I have read about here a shot was available and deliberately not taken and...how far below nil can one go...?

BFF Patron

Cool thermal imagery Norse!.........     

Quite the overkill of a reply.

Admittedly, you are correct. My blood pressure must have been up when I posted my reply.  I apologize for the aggro response......

Half of this entire thread was the same accusation and interrogatory question repeated over and over and over. And that accusation was that they are out there like bozos taking potshots at human beings. It gets old after a while.

Half of this entire thread was the same accusation and interrogatory question repeated over and over and over. And that accusation was that they are out there like bozos taking potshots at human beings. It gets old after a while.

Indeed.

Episode 51 of The Bigfoot Show is now available from the usual places or on the show's website. One of the topics covered is a sighting by a member earlier in the summer that was clear enough and long enough for a shot to be made, but the member in question could not positively ID the animal nor did he know for certain the location of other team members. We've had several encounters like that. 

BFF Patron

If one reads the reports, the chance of confusing a human - even one in a suit - with one of these animals is, effectively, nil.

Add to that that these people are seeing them and it goes below nil.

Add to that that at least a couple of occasions that I have read about here a shot was available and deliberately not taken and...how far below nil can one go...?

I think you mean a backpacker perhaps, not a ghillie suited good samaritan hunter stumbling around lost, perhaps.   NIL meet Will.  

"Stumbling" would pretty much rule out sasquatch.  Man-in-ghillie-suit, for all the fancied resemblance, sure doesn't read like most reports I've read, other than an astonished witness's effort to somehow put this down as something within his experience.

I'd worry much more about all those other hunters out there, who mistake deer and quail for people.

Indeed.

Episode 51 of The Bigfoot Show is now available from the usual places or on the show's website. One of the topics covered is a sighting by a member earlier in the summer that was clear enough and long enough for a shot to be made, but the member in question could not positively ID the animal nor did he know for certain the location of other team members. We've had several encounters like that.

I am looking forward to that episode bipto....keep em coming! I listen to them on my 22 hour drive up to my little paradise in the UP and have always enjoyed them. As far as not taking the shot, most good hunters will eventually run into the same problem and react the same way.

How about we get a fresh start, lock this one and start a Operation Relentless thread??  The OP can state that you need to read the Operation Persistence thread first.  Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Well, I suppose you can go ahead and start one.  I think it's a good idea and it's a good time to make a clean break.

But, whatever's clever.

Question for Bipto:

Will you be providing us any summary of your last visit at all?  Anything exciting to report?

Thx.