Operation Persistence

Hi there,

Irish73 - I can sort of understand your sentiments to a degree but, afterall, this is a public forum, so people are entitled to question what they read. The internet is a place where people can claim lots of things and it's sometimes difficult to verify them. So you are always going to get people questioning things and i think they are entitled to.

I for one am absolutely fascinated by what Bipto has told us, and I have listened to the latest podcast 3 times now! I probably shouldn't take it as face value, but I have and my whole thinking about the subject has literally changed overnight. I had never even heard of the TBRC until yesterday (I am relatively new to the subject) but have spent the entire day on their site poring over the reports. After reading them, I am now convinced that Bigfoot does indeed exist. Kudos to these guys.

Awesome.

Best,

Lee

Having read this entire thread now, I find myself somewhat puzzled by the manners of some of the participants.

There are members in this discussion who have asked specific questions about Bipto's opinion on a particular subject, and when the answer doesn't coincide with their own assumptions or opinions on the subject matter, they attempt to debate the matter.

If you want his opinion, or you are curious as to his observations, awesome. If you don't like the answers, I have a suggestion for you.....

Re-organize your life to allow a massive investment of time, money, and other resources. Form a non-profit organization. Recruit dozens of members with wide ranging skillsets from pertinent scientific expertise, to fieldcraft and tracking, responsible proficient firearms handling, to audio recording and photography, etc. Make sure they are mentally and physically fit to tackle the task at hand. Organize them into teams. Find a suitable location to do some research. Get permission and clear any legal hurdles to doing research there. Spend months acquiring funding and planning all of the minutia necessary to accomplish a task that is logistically equivalent to a military recon operation. Travel to a far off, very remote location. Execute the operation. Live in primative, uncomfortable conditions for days or weeks. Try to cope with the psychological, emotional, and physical hardships involved. Deal with all of the last minute things that go wrong including inclement weather, gear failures, personnel injuries, and team members unable to fulfill their obligations. Complete the operation. Debrief all of the individuals from the various teams. Assemble and collate the data gathered. Analyze that data. Then begin doing this all over again.

Let's not forget that all of this was done to prove something that mainstream science says can not possibly exist, while outsiders think you are crazy, wierd, or stupid for even considering participating in such an activity

Then come here and freely share the fruits of your extremely hard work and efforts, so people can argue with you after they ask for YOUR opinions and observations.

How does that sound?

I'm just glad they learned that bipedal foot steps , thrown rocks, wood knocks, howls, whoops, screams and growls , and an occasional glimpse of wildmen. happens in the woods.The claims are not new in any way. The TBRC seems excited however to be able to get so many of their members on the same page.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but I give them a lot of credit for not being one of those groups who have always claimed those things as soon as they leave the car park....

• Upvote 1

Yes, but I give them a lot of credit for not being one of those groups who have always claimed those things as soon as they leave the car park....

That's exactly what some of the TBRC claims are. If it's the truth, this only makes them slow.

Brian and the TBRC did not achieve the level of respect they have today from crying off from a few searching questions and a little bawdy humour.

Never underestimate the power of a little bawdy humor.

+1.

Here here!

That's exactly what some of the TBRC claims are. If it's the truth, this only makes them slow.

I'd like to hear more.

Please cite source.

He may be referring to the fact that we can get our trucks down to the area and it is, therefore, essentially car squatchin'. Difference being, paved roads are two hours away.

Seriously SouthernYahoo, I'll we get from Texla is some audio of an armadillo claimed to be bipedal sasquatches, though cameras by the mic show nothing??

My sighting was too quick to say, but a member has had a more recent encounter with the grey one and said it's back looked very much like the PGF subject. Which won't make my BFS co-host very happy.

He's massive and thick all the way down. Some of the others are skinnier and others are V-shaped. There appears to be some variation based on sex, ages, etc.

No worries. I'm not sure if that info is more recent than the show. We've suspected it was male, but now we're pretty darned sure.

Hi Bipto

Your description of this creature is so different than what we have been fed over the years, I'm wondering if you could explain what they look like by using monkeys or apes features as a guide.

Also does this creature look anything like the Justin smeja pictures of the adult and juvenile he helped create?

Thanks

Seriously SouthernYahoo, I'll we get from Texla is some audio of an armadillo claimed to be bipedal sasquatches, though cameras by the mic show nothing??

Par for the course on cameras, the TBRC has squatches surrounding their camp in X but after five years of it, zero pics. That's not just on Texla to sort out. Oh, and sure, with no pics the same could be said about all the claims at X. Did they see bigfoot throw the rocks, do the woodknocks, make the vocalizations?

Looking forward to the audio the TBRC collected, hopefully not just spooky sounds in the dark. :music:

• Upvote 1

Southernyahoo - do you think the TBRC thing could be a hoax then?

I'm wondering if I was a bit premature in proclaiming belief of the whole thing without actually seeing any evidence at all, just listening to some very convincing podcasts. Naive on my part I expect.

Best regards,

lee

Edited by dopelyrics

I know there's a lot of bitterness between the Deep South Bigfoot Groups and I think the TBRC are wide open to criticism regarding their determination to 'harvest a specimen' and their conviction that Bigfoot is just an ape, but don't think they can be criticized for exaggerating evidence, false claims or tardy fieldwork.

I have never had the impression that this is the kind Bigfoot group that performs most of their 'research' while sitting on the tailgate reaching into cooler for another Bud Lite. Nor are they my first port of call for hair raising campfire stories a la 'Coonbo'. I have to confess that I primarily approach the Bigfoot phenomenon for its entertainment value and often the TBRC are lacking in this department, precisely because of the scientific rigor they bring to the work.

I would recommend anyone to listen to the Bipcast podcast just called 'Area X', I think it came out in 2008 or thereabouts. It does describe some activity at the location but the tone is completely different from the last two Bigfoot Shows, it's a lot more subdued and workmanlike. Much of the content relates to technology and research tools, you know, comparing the relative merits of a Reconyx HC600 with a Bushnells X8, scintillating stuff like that. I am convinced that the new enthusiasm coming out of the group reflects hghtened levels of activity in 'X' and not the descent of the TBRC downmarket, or Bipto's bid for his own reality TV series in the vein of Matt Moneymaker.

My take on the situation is that if the TBRC was in the business of talking up their location they wouldn't have waited so very long to do so - I believe they've been there almost 10 years. On a side note, their trail cam blitz on the Big Thicket location in Texas produced almost nothing to get excited about and I have never seen The TBRC try and spin it any other way.

Listened to the latest podcast. It is all very interesting stuff.

That said.. it has produced the same results (so far) as the rest in the field. Some great personal experiences and accounts (with good clear sightings and incidents) to talk about, but nothing more than I have come home with (some unexplained audio with unknown sounds and vocals). I am personally not confident enough, to call these creatures Anything yet (but sasquatch).. much less refer to them as "wood apes". I am not for, nor will have anything to do with harvesting one.. but to each, their own goal(s) and objectives.

I wish the project.. the best, and All involved .. stay safe in the field, and keep on learning.

Edited by imonacan

Southernyahoo - do you think the TBRC thing could be a hoax then?

I'm wondering if I was a bit premature in proclaiming belief of the whole thing without actually seeing any evidence at all, just listening to some very convincing podcasts. Naive on my part I expect.

Best regards,

lee

No I don't think they are hoaxing Dopey, myself and the TBRC have a past, they are just getting clued in to some of the same experiences that other groups have had. Number 1 being that there are places where they don't seem to leave. The TBRC had numerous things happen when they would camp at X throughout the five year operation forest vigil, but chose to just run camera traps. They could have done extended camp outs there all along and payed more attention to the more subtle things.

Most of their experiences I've heard about so far don't sound like they were that far from camp. I don't know about the rest here, but it doesn't sound to me like you need a military operation to find bigfoot, they tend to come to you if you are going to find them at all. One can paint your own efforts how you want, but it still boils down to audio/ video documentation and taking note of just about everything.

• Upvote 2