Operation Persistence

... the events, as told by Brian, are a little ambiguous and leave wiggle room for interpretation.

Keep in mind that I have to occasionally be ambiguous to preserve the integrity of the site and operation.

Guest COGrizzly

Bipto - I just threw up a topic about how easy I think it would be for these things to simply drop down from a tree and kill a deer. With that said, do you think given their agility and strength observed, would they be able to catch a deer just chasing it on the forest floor?

Thanks!

Based on the speed I saw, at least the smaller ones (< 7 feet) should have no problem catching a deer. Maybe not winning a foot race with one, but certainly they're fast enough to get it if caught by surprise.

Guest poignant

So it seems that they have an elegant solution which enables them, bipedal primates, to sprint and accelerate over forested / montane terrain with ease.

Get one soon please so we can finally understand what morphological adaptations they have. Their lower leg anatomy must be impressively robust.

^^ It is.

If it is firmly knowable that the animals in question are apes, why then does one of the owners of the property you research on state without equivocation that the creatures are people, and nice people at that? You have noted that the owners have known about these creatures for years. Do they know something TRBC doesn't, or vice versa?

If you're talking about Branson, we're not required to have the same opinions. I'm very comfortable saying we have more first-hand experience now with the animals than he does.

Bipto, this really seems odd to me. Mr. Branson is allowing the TBRC on his property to deliberately try and kill what he refers to as nice people. Do you really think the man is anthropomorphasizing BF? Is he the kind of man that would speak of any other ape in that way?

Bipto, this really seems odd to me. Mr. Branson is allowing the TBRC on his property to deliberately try and kill what he refers to as nice people. Do you really think the man is anthropomorphasizing BF? Is he the kind of man that would speak of any other ape in that way?

I can't really say. I've never spoken to him.

Guest zenmonkey

your right i was also listening to monster talk today, on that show they were talking about them speaking, cant wait to hear more about X

I can't really say. I've never spoken to him.

About a year ago at the Honobia conference, he seemed to still be under the impression it was BFRO people going onto his land. Of coarse, some of them were when they started investigating there, but Mr. Branson seems uninformed of what group he's working with and what the mission is.

He's always had a personal relationship with certain members and, yes, when we first became associated with him, they were in the BFRO. We didn't know he hadn't realized there had been a change in affiliation until he said that.

It was. It's our opinion that that's mimicry of human speech, not speech itself.

Did you know that non-human apes can't mimic speech?