Operation Persistence

I'm not the sole arbiter of what we release. There were teams present for three months, all of whom kept journals, so there's a lot of experiential data. Some of it we keep confidential so as not to compromise the location or other details about it would be against our interests to divulge. Some of it just hasn't been formatted into a presentable form. I'm not being coy or secretive. As you point out, we're being very transparant. However, there are people on the web actively trying to destroy the location's research potential. We'd be stupid if that didn't give us pause with regard to the release of information.

All I was really trying to say is it's a logically fallacy to think all events of note have been discussed publicly at this point. Drewbot in particular seems to think (at least as far as I can tell) that there's only been a single shooting incident. That's not true. However, none of them have proven to be productive.

Well that makes more sense. I misinterpreted the statement for sure. But still on this topic, and I understand if you cant answer, but can you say if you've already divulged the most dramatic events? Im not even really talking about encounters in which shots were fired, moreso about visual sightings and other heart racing events. Thats what Im really hoping we hear more of.

Edited by Samsquanch85

Brian,

In regard to the dense patch of vegetation close to the cabin that sees most activity at night, and from which the Wood Apes conduct much of their nocturnal activity, has this ever been successfully penetrated? Maybe by intrepid machete-wielding TBRC investigators?

I ask in relation to known ape behaviour and my own experience. It is very common for Gorillas to literally 'hollow out' an extensive cavity within deep brush to act as a retreat. I was lucky enough to visit a group of Mountain Gorillas in the Virunga Mountains of Zaire (as it was then) in 1991 and remember grumbling and complaining as we hacked through some vast 'hedge' on our hands and knees only to come out in fairly large area actually inside the vegetation and which could not be viewed from 'outside'. I remember being astounded when I looked up when inside this cavity to see four or five Gorillas, including a huge Silverback, staring at me with a disdainful look of having seen it all before. The cavity had obviously been crafted by the Gorilla's own hand and was really large, a kind of Gorilla living room really.

There is another thread on the go at the moment discussing Scott's video on the Klamath hillside in the early 90's. Personally, I've never seen much of a subject here, but the principle is the same: more than one creature, apparently in recline inside a cavity fashioned from dense brush.

On a mini-level, when Bob Strain stuck his head inside the bushes to see the logs that possibly turned out to be Wood Apes presumably there was a space large enough to contain them that was, perhaps, especially constructed for the task.

The following programme, which is a history of Mountain Gorilla habituation in Rwanda seen through the lens of one particular Silverback, also discusses this phenomenon and shows several examples of such structures. I thought of your wood ape experiences quite a lot while watching the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ply1HX_V0

Guest Transformer

I don't have the name of the place handy. It was in Canada, though. Montreal, I think. Avoid all Canadian DNA labs just to be safe...

Thanks for the answer Bipto. It would really be helpful if you get the name of the lab though. I can't think of any reason not to release that information especially since they screwed you guys and you're not going to be using them again.

Wow Bipto,

I am now COMPLETELY certain you are not being hoaxed, I'm now sure that you are dealing with Giant Hairy, Wood Apes, that run at supernatural speeds.

Thanks for the opportunity to use the BFF thread to make me see clearly.

I don't need those standard critical thinking skills here, Taking your word for it is a far better way to approach this situation.

Hi there,

I hope I'm OK to say this given the warning, but:

Drew - are you saying that you think that it is actually one or more TBRC members who are in fact themselves perpetrating a hoax on the other members? i.e. they are having a great big laugh at, literally, everyone else's expense?

Best regards,

Lee

Sorry I meant your earlier posts.

I realise you have been convinced since.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest COGrizzly

Ok. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you (the TBRC) should take out the entire "family" of sasquatches. Here's why.

1. If they exist, you are not eliminating the species. If there is a family of them where area X is, then there are others.

2. If you take "one", say, the Big Old Grey one, some will say there is only one.,

3. If the TBRC is trying to prove the existence, and if you harm one, they try and harm you, then you must defend oneself and others, In the end, if they are Wood Apes, who's life is "more important"? Perhaps a harsh stance, but really, if they exist, would you take your mother's life or an undocumented ape's life?

Curious. What is the SOP for when the TBRC shoots one and the rest of the family attacks the shooter? Kill the rest of the attackers out of self-defense? (I think that is what anyone would do - regardless of the "moral" implications). Sorry, I bet the question has been asked, and I have even read most of the thread.

Enjoy the day,

Griz

Edited by COGrizzly

Guest OntarioSquatch

But they're still waiting for the DNA results. They don't even know what they are trying to shoot at yet. Wouldn't taking out an entire family of intelligent bipedal hominids be a bit too much?

A story is a story and nothing more. We aren't even getting the whole story. They hear and see Bigfoot out there. It is isnt afraid of being shot at nor repeatedly coming in contact with groups of humans. Those animals you are encountering are sure different than what we have out here.

Good luck guys, I have come to my own conclusions on this one. Will gladly quietly and patiently wait for this to play out.

Edited by Woodswalker

^ Not to derail, but accounts like the TBRC's pay credence to the theories of multiple species/sub species.

If I'm not mistaken, the count is up to 4 (for ones that reach 6 ft or taller).

Things cannot progress fast enough if you ask me!

Guest Flatlander

I have wondered, too, what the TBRC would do if someone got a kill shot on one but then the shooter was surrounded by half dozen of the dead one's family members. Will they even be able to defend the shooter at that point?

Part of me would love to be out there with the TBRC doing research. But I do not want to be there when the specimen is harvested. Things could possibly get real ugly.

OK guys.....LAST CHANCE! I have re-opened this thread and have deleted the offending posts. If you see your post deleted, expect a forthcoming warning or other action taken. We can keep this topic open or not, it is totally up to all that post from this point.

KB

We've heard whoops, whistles, Ohio howls, growls of various kinds, and other kinds of vocalizations that are difficult to categorize. It's a crazy place.

What about wood knocks? I wish you guys the best of luck because it sounds like your right on the edge of proving it.

But they're still waiting for the DNA results. They don't even know what they are trying to shoot at yet. Wouldn't taking out an entire family of intelligent bipedal hominids be a bit too much?

Did they send more blood out for testing? the last lab ripped them off. Edited by squatting squatch