Operation Persistence

Guest Transformer

Sending out another sample would be very disconcerting given what Bipto has said about the first lab ripping them off. I imagine they only have a small, finite sample and to have lost some of it would be even worse than the monetary loss I would think. The group must now be absolutely certain that they are going to send their next sample to a good lab that is not going to demsonstrate such irresponsible behaviour as the first. Just think...you're down to what may be your last sample and you now have to decide where to send it knowing that if it is sent to the wrong place all could be lost. Glad I'm not the one who has to decide where to send it!

We can help, I'm a biologist by proffesion. Give us the name and address of these people that ripped you off and we can work on getting your money back. This makes me so angry to hear people that are suppose to be professionals have done this to something so important to all of us Bigfoot enthusiasts.

What about wood knocks?

Yes, we hear wood knocks.

WRT to the remaning blood samples, we've offered them to Sykes but he doesn't have them yet (I said earlier in the thread that he did, but that was my misunderstanding). I'm not sure that this point he'll use them since he's focusing on hair samples. We'll see.

^ Not to derail, but accounts like the TBRC's pay credence to the theories of multiple species/sub species.

If I'm not mistaken, the count is up to 4 (for ones that reach 6 ft or taller).

We don't think anything we've observed suggests multiple species. Among all primates, there exists a variety of dimorphism within species. That's what we're seeing here. Younger, older, male, female, etc. Look at a population of gorilla or chimps and you'll see the same thing. Heck, go hang out at the mall and see it there, too.

A story is a story and nothing more. We aren't even getting the whole story. They hear and see Bigfoot out there. It is isnt afraid of being shot at nor repeatedly coming in contact with groups of humans. Those animals you are encountering are sure different than what we have out here.

It interesting to me that there seem to be more stories that match what we've seen in X in the southeast than there is in the PNW, for example (Ape Canyon being a notable exception). Of course, our windows into their behavior are relatively small. Most bigfoot encounters might be with a lone animal (like a male that's been cast out by the dominent or what have you) while the kinds of troops we're encountering might be much harder to find and/or interact with. But I agree, the behavior we've experienced breaks in many ways from what's "common knowledge" about these animals.

I don't need those standard critical thinking skills here, Taking your word for it is a far better way to approach this situation.

Unfortunately, at the moment, my word is all we have to offer. I've always acknowledged that. The thing I'm trying to make you understand is that human hoaxing, whether by outsiders or insiders, can't be an answer based on what we've observed. They can be very, very large. They move very fast. They operate in the dark over incredibly uneven ground. There are at least a half dozen of them in different sizes and colors. They charge well armed people (at least twice). Further, the encounters don't correlate to one or two members. It's something many of us have experienced and seen. Trying to construct a scenario where this is people becomes more farcical than the much simpler explanation that it's wood apes.

I'm not asking you to believe me. Think what you want. And I'm all for critical thinking. I employ it daily in my profession and with my fellow TBRC members. We are not being hoaxed. It is literally impossible.

It's hard to believe you guys are being hoaxed knowing that you guys are armed, and armed well with people that know how to use them.

I'd bet that there isn't a hoaxer out there that would go as far as possibly being shot and the only reward of pulling the hoax off would be "A HA ! I tricked you !"

Edited by zigoapex

Guest GreatBIGFoot

If this is a HOAX being perpetrated on bipto and the like... then.....

1 - The person(s) doing it must know their schedule... Would seem unlikely the hoaxers would have the area 'staffed' 24/7 in order to keep the hoax alive

2 - Based on 1 above, it would seem that the hoaxer(s) must know the schedule of when the researchers are going to be out there doing their investigating

3 - This would mean that someone 'in the know' is sharing this schedule with the hoaxer(s). Will call this person the 'double agent'

4 - It would be logical to assume that the double agent, knowing the schedule of events, would also know these investigators are going out to the site ARMED with GUNS - and using them (based on bipto's account)

5 - Who in their right mind would be foolish enough to run around in the woods - at dusk, at night - throwing rocks, making noises, etc - and trying to antagonize a group of people who HAVE GUNS and WILL FIRE them.

So, this whole hoax theory, while still possible I guess, seems SOOOOO unlikely to me.

To me - the following seem more likely than a hoax....

- This whole thing is a LIE.... from soup to nuts... a purely fabricated tale.... Not true at all....

or....

- There is truly a family of BF's living in this area that is being observed by bipto et al.

I personally will go along with bipto's account and assume it is true and not fabricated until proven otherwise.

Sounds like a truly interesting saga to be part of.

Good luck out there.

:sungum:

Edited by GreatBIGFoot

They can be very, very large. They move very fast. They operate in the dark over incredibly uneven ground. There are at least a half dozen of them in different sizes and colors. They charge well armed people (at least twice).

Were the weapons fired when the members were charged? If so, does it seem odd that , no specimen was collected?

I find it odd. Over half a dozen shootings and no specimen?

Since you're unaware of the circumstances behind all but perhaps one of the events, I don't find your perplexity odd at all.

I'm not asking you to believe me. Think what you want. And I'm all for critical thinking. I employ it daily in my profession and with my fellow TBRC members. We are not being hoaxed. It is literally impossible.

Even though, you yourself admit that this should be critically examined, if this is critically examined by someone other than you or another member there, the obvious result is that until you present evidence of a Wood Ape, the other options should considered the valid options. Do you agree that critical thinking allows me to accept that you are seeing Hairy Wood Apes in Oklahoma? Or do you think Critical Thinking means I should consider other options, until you provide valid evidence that There are Hairy Wood Apes in Oklahoma?

How about providing valid evidence that they in fact are either being hoaxed or making it up, Drew?

Oh, yeah, Skeptics don't have to prove anything, do they...

Since you're unaware of the circumstances behind all but perhaps one of the events, I don't find your perplexity odd at all.

Alright, what exactly were the circumstances?

Do you agree that critical thinking allows me to accept that you are seeing Hairy Wood Apes in Oklahoma? Or do you think Critical Thinking means I should consider other options, until you provide valid evidence that There are Hairy Wood Apes in Oklahoma?

Obviously, you're free to think whatever you like. I'm just saying, a "you are being hoaxed" option is silly. What we say we have seen cannot be done by guys in suits.

Why don't you just cut to the chase and call us liars? It'd be more efficient. I'd be way better with that, actually.

Guest poignant

A truly critical thinker will stop with the double-guessing, take the available information for what it is, and wait and see how it all unfolds.

In the meantime I applaud bipto for sharing whatever info he can, so let's give him an incentive to keep sharing, shall we?

We're already starved for good news in the BF world...