Operation Persistence

I realize that you are limited in what you can say but what measures have been taken to prevent hoaxing at the site?

Electric fences, guard dogs, and laser equipped satellites. Also, we don't tell anyone where it is, the terrain is extremely inhospitable, and we're often patrolling the surrounding area. Also, there are camera traps all over the place. But honestly, the lasers in space are the best deterrent.

Guest VioletX

Some joker on BFE is suggesting you are being hoaxed by a member of the group in cahoots with the land owner, and that because it is an inside job, that is how they can control situations and not worry about getting shot.

I don't understand why people would want to try and discredit the operation, what is their motivation?

I guess dealing with ridiculousness is part of the territory for you guys.

One, what's the BFE? Two, if they're hoaxers, they've been at it for years, and quite concertedly for the past two. To what end? What's the benefit of them presumably risking their lives to hoax us? This is the biggest question, but it's followed on by myriad logistical ones. How do they know when we're going to be there? We can show up whenever we want and still get activity. Where do they live while doing this? We're all over that area and have never seen signs of any campsite or human habitation How do they travel in the dark so easily? Where are they getting all those monkey suits? How can they wear them when it's 100+ outside with 90% humidity? Where did they obtain all the body armor they must be wearing? How do they support themselves in the real world? Presumably, if we're there for three months and have activity the whole time, they're there the whole time. Let's say they take shifts. We need 30 people to hold the location for three months. How many of these motiveless and death defying hoaxers are there?

Outside human hoaxery is ludicrous. Total nonsense. Am I saying we will never be hoaxed down there? No. If the location is compromised and someone is cynical and stupid enough to give it a go, then we might be. That would be bad for everyone concerned. But have we been hoaxed in X up to this point? No. Absolutely not.

I challenge these fantasy hoaxers publicly. Game's over. It's been years now. Let us have it. Declare your hoaxing and show the TBRC to be hopelessly gullible and naive. Show the world your amazing bigfoot costumes and secret encampments and stealthy ninja skills. Your move.

Guest VioletX

Sorry Bipto, I meant the infamous Bigfoot Evidence blog, it was just in the comments section, which is even more obscure,lol.

It is absolutely ludicrous to suspect outside or inside hoaxers in this particular environment. You guys are not dumb, by any stretch.

Bipto - the theory is that there is a hoaxer within the TBRC who is in cahoots with the owner of the property and they are systematically hoaxing members of the TBRC. That's the gyst, but a bit more ridiculous.

Best.

Lee

Guest mdhunter

Bipto, I have a question about how they sound when running. Of course this is assuming that you all have been able to hear then run across dry leaves. How would you describe the sound of the foot steps compared to that of a human?

I also think a lot of people don't understand people with guns that are willing to use them. Messing around on my property my net you death. And that is not assuming you are a wood ape!!

Bipto - the theory is that there is a hoaxer within the TBRC who is in cahoots with the owner of the property and they are systematically hoaxing members of the TBRC. That's the gyst, but a bit more ridiculous.

I see. Thanks.

The TBRC is not a random collection of anonymous people. If one's never been part of a group like it, there's no way one can understand the esprit d'corps that builds and the strong bonds that develop. Some of these people are my brothers. They are all my friends. We do not hoax one another. Period. You can't even be invited into the area as a new investigator until you've proven your reliability and character. There's a series of hurdles one must get through before you're even allowed to be privy to the conversations about the operations. I seriously doubt there's another group of its size that's more secure than the TBRC.

All that being said, as I've already pointed out, there's no correlation of events and claims to one or two members. There just isn't. The thing about people on the internet is that can say any damned thing. That doesn't mean it makes any kind of sense.

Bipto, I have a question about how they sound when running. Of course this is assuming that you all have been able to hear then run across dry leaves. How would you describe the sound of the foot steps compared to that of a human?

I've clearly heard what I assume was ape walking on two occasions. One was just before the sighting. It sounded like someone just walking in leaves. Almost shuffling. Not being stealthy in any way. Our assumption is they didn't know we were so close but reacted amazingly fast as soon as they did.

The second time was when the animal pulled on the cabin. I heard three distinct heavy footfalls on open ground. Thump thump thump. Heavy and solid.

Other members have head bipedal running and walking, but I can't speak to those occurrences because I just don't know enough about them beyond that they sound clear and heavy.

Edited by bipto

I appreciate the amount of time and effort you have taken here to answer so many questions. I wonder to myself, why bother? I realize you are the one who originally created the forums, and I am sure that still leaves some lingering loyalty maybe even responsibility type of feelings to the sight, but do you think this helps the TBRC's cause at all? For instance, you do not see Dr Meldrum, or Dr Ketchum, or anyone like that posting on these forums, and I have to wonder to myself, if posting here, and dealing with the kind of "skepticism" you find here, is not actually hurting the validity of your claims in the eyes of the actual scientific community?

I appreciate the information you have shared, and I completely understand the importance of withholding some of the information you have, after all, behavioral traits are, and will be, the key to getting closer contact, and collecting, proof, and or a specimen and should not be shared on an open public forum to be exploited by whomever chooses to.

I am personally holding out a little hope you can figure out what they do with their dead, or will come across a recently deceased specimen before you successfully collect one, however,it will play out however its going to.

Has the TBRC had the chance to consult with some of the educational facilities? For example, are you sharing notes with anyone like Meldrum, or some other graduate students? Have you considered bringing in something like that? Maybe including some of the students in field studies or anything?

^^ with regards to that, Bipto, I think I have learned more from this thread about BF behavior than just about all the others I have read put together. Thanks!

Guest mdhunter

Thanks for the answer Bipto. I want to make it clear I'm not calling you out. I was looking for something a little more specific to confirm some of my personal "unexplained experiences" It may be something you use for vetting and don't want to disclose in public forum. Or it may just be something you haven't observed. You came very close to the specific I was looking for in the first paragraph of your answer.

Several other things that came up in this thread are closer to some of my "unexplained experiences" than the Hippie version of BF.I am personally still on the fence. If I had the control of an area that y'all do in X and experienced what I've experienced I would be full out believer. Even without a close range sighting.

And I do want to thank you for continuing the thread in spite of some of what,at times, must have felt like an attack.

I appreciate the amount of time and effort you have taken here to answer so many questions. I wonder to myself, why bother?

Good question.

I realize you are the one who originally created the forums, and I am sure that still leaves some lingering loyalty maybe even responsibility type of feelings to the sight...

Not much, really. But I wouldn't do this anywhere else. So maybe.

...but do you think this helps the TBRC's cause at all? For instance, you do not see Dr Meldrum, or Dr Ketchum, or anyone like that posting on these forums, and I have to wonder to myself, if posting here, and dealing with the kind of "skepticism" you find here, is not actually hurting the validity of your claims in the eyes of the actual scientific community?

I don't think what I'm saying here hurts the claims. They're either accepted or they aren't. If anything, perhaps I can change a few minds in my direction. My motivation is my interpretation of the mission of the TBRC. Specifically, the "...to help further factual education and understanding to the public regarding the species..." part. When I think the cost/benefit ratio is no longer in my favor, I'll stop. Until then, I don't mind answering questions.

Back in the olden days of BFF 1.0, it was a common refrain that groups should always share their info and not hold it so closely. The AIBR was started specifically to help advance that POV. Well, here I am saying what I can about the incredible things we've experienced. Of course, it all has to be measured and balanced with what makes sense from an operational perspective, but why not share otherwise?

Has the TBRC had the chance to consult with some of the educational facilities? For example, are you sharing notes with anyone like Meldrum, or some other graduate students? Have you considered bringing in something like that? Maybe including some of the students in field studies or anything?

We have made our notes available to specific individuals of note, but nothing as widely distributed as you're talking about. This is in order to protect the location.

And I do want to thank you for continuing the thread in spite of some of what,at times, must have felt like an attack.

You're welcome. And I don't feel attacked.

Edited by bipto

Guest Cervelo

Gee whiz guys give it a break, there are only a couple of choices here.

A mole from within helping some idiot in a suit knowing their armed and there intent...is absurd at best and something else I can only post in the Tar Pit.

Y'all know how I feel about most "evidence" these are the only types of reports that get my interest.

Experienced outdoorsman, repeatable and very consistent reporting! Tell me more......:)

There are only a couple of choices in this case and Bipto has been way more patience than I would have been, woulda told what to do with it a long time ago. ;)

Edited by Cervelo

Besides the steel brush traps used to attempt to gather hair samples, have you left various foods to see what is consistantly taken?

What about non-food items? Toys, mirrors, sparkly things, etc?

I have some ideas about narrowing what it is specifically about wildlife cameras that they avoid. I suspect that beyond any electromechanical noise, or magnetic fields, etc it may be the electronic components or plastics off-gassing/outgassing formaldehyde type odors that alerts them to the presence.

I was considering the proposition of sealing the electronics in some type of stable epoxy and constructing camera containers from untreated wood as a strategy to obtain photographs.

Edited by Irish73

Besides the steel brush traps used to attempt to gather hair samples, have you left various foods to see what is consistantly taken?

What about non-food items? Toys, mirrors, sparkly things, etc?

Nothing like that yet, but we're discussing and have discussed it as a possible tactic to be used in the future.

I have some ideas about narrowing what it is specifically about wildlife cameras that they avoid. I suspect that beyond any electromechanical noise, or magnetic fields, etc it may be the electronic components or plastics off-gassing/outgassing formaldehyde type odors that alerts them to the presence.

That's interesting. We're currently investigating the sound issue.