Operation Persistence

None, other than the reactions of some who think that wood apes are human and shooting at anything walking upright is murder. Would you like to have that to deal with? I know I have better things to do.

Who let Mayo2 in here?? Can we get a medic? Medic?

I still haven't gotten a forthright answer out of those of you who think wood apes are human. Have you a) seen one? B) what did they do and look like that was human? c ) what is your definition of human? d) what are your goals regarding this species? Being identified? Protected? Left alone with no assistance?

I have no problem with the TBRC harvesting a specimen, I'm just having a hard time with the fact that after half a dozen shootings, still no body. I personally don't think the species is human as we know it and threats of being charged with murder seems ridiculous to me, unless its somebody in a suit, Which I find unlikely if the shootings are happening.

That is if the landowner doesn't do it for us.

Drew, what is the deal?

These are not Homo sapiens.

I know some of you have a soft spot for them, but they are not forest people. I have seen forest people. You can find some still in 2012 in the Amazon and Papau New Guinea. These are not the same things.

I have no problem with the TBRC harvesting a specimen, I'm just having a hard time with the fact that after half a dozen shootings, still no body.

Well, you just have to be there. It isn't as easy as you might think. I don't know how I can be any more clear about the difficulty.

These aren't shots at high noon in the middle of the street. They are taken into bush at a fast moving ape and most after midnight.

And no, they are not people in monkey suits. I don't think any of us have heard someone yelling out that they are just kidding, please don't shot again. And, I am not quite sure how they busted up a mountain filled with large rocks in pitch black darkness.

If you ever really go in the woods and shine your flashlights into the bush you will find that the only thing you see is the first line of bush, so once the apes move beyond that line, they cannot be found. This holds true during the daytime in this area because of the density of the bush. This isn't the state park and we aren't hanging out at the campground. It is really not that hard to comprehend why our attempts have failed so far.

Guest COGrizzly

Any thoughts on where they go in the winter and fall? Leaves fall and it may be much easier to obtain a specimen?

You have to understand that until we see some evidence, there is going to be concern for innocent people. Sure it has to be frustrating for you guys, but you know they are there, we don't. Try and see it from an outsider's perspective and maybe you will understand where I am coming from. You aren't saying you found a new species of tree frog, you are claiming that you have found an isolated population of non-human higher primate, In a place that was so highly exploited, that every large animal was, at one point (within the last 100 years), wiped out. What's even more difficult is that you can make the claim that you are sure they are not human, but have no pictures or DNA to back that claim up. Don't be mad. Think about what you are throwing at us and try to understand how a claim like this gets processed.

Edited by Drew

Hairyman, have you contacted any Universities or DNR to see how they want you to proceed? If you did, what did they say? Have you contacted a lawyer to verify the legality of killing one of these beasts? Did the lawyer give you any advice about shooting one on the property? Is the owner of the land fully aware that you are going to shoot the next ape that walks over the hill unaware of your boom sticks? Has the owner of the land consulted his attorney to assess liability?

Why do keep asking questions that were already answered or were obviously taken care of ?

They would not be doing what they are doing for this long if there were any issues.

would be the same liability as hunting or shooting on any other property, witch is easily insured by the hunting party or the land owner or both.

chimps---------------------------------------------------------------------wood apes--people--aliens

wow, are we off topic... :)

SERIOUSLY. I go away for a few days and come back to this!?

Bipto, I know right? It's not like Bigfoot can be human. It is clearly either a primate or an alien. We have the fact that they don't use tools or fire, their feet are different, and their size is far beyond human capacity. I just hope the mother ship doesn't see you shoot one of them, could mean intergalactic war of epic proportions.

But Brian...........

Do you think it's hoaxers? Do you think they are human? Why won't you tell us the lab? What if it's hoaxers? What if they are human? Whats the name of the lab? What are the chances you are being hoaxed? What are they chances they are some type of humans? Why are you protecting the lab? Have you thought about the possibility of being hoaxed? Have you thought about the implications of them being human? Can you tell us the name of the lab? What percentage of possibility would you give that you ARE being hoaxed? Can't you admit they might be human? How do you spell the name of the lab? Why couldn't it be hoaxers? Why won't you admit they are furry humans? Whats the deal with the lab?

That should give several regular posters in this thread a break for the next two or three pages.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Other humans don't necessarily have to be like us. They can evolve to look dissimilar. I know there were different types of humans in the past and some of them probably looked very different from others.

I think Bipto went away because he had to pick up the Sasquatch costume from the dry cleaners and help Dr. Ketchum photograph ufos. He's a busy guy...