Operation Persistence

To all involved with persistence, does anyone think they've seen the bigfoot Daryl shot at? Do you think it survived and is still around?

In the category of clear, unambiguous sightings, no, but there have also been a number of brief sightings that might have been of apes. There have been a couple of those that match the general size and color of the one Daryl saw.

In actual fact, if they had chosen to stay separated from us, why would it be that we've practically had them crawling up our backs for most of the summer and even into the fall? If they wanted to be separate, they could move a ridge or two over and we'd never see them again.

Perhaps they are just that good tacticly, they are all up your back and you can't get a clear picture or a clean shot. Sounds like they have reason to be confident, and like you say, they traverse the terrain with ease, and it would be nothing to get to the next ridge always keeping a path of retreat to their back and out flanking you. But to the point of remaining seperated from us, well your spot is supposed to be two hours to the nearest paved road right? We don't expect them to waltz down main street in Anytown, USA , so I think it stands to reason this is true.

Sounds like they have reason to be confident, and like you say, they traverse the terrain with ease, and it would be nothing to get to the next ridge always keeping a path of retreat to their back and out flanking you.

They are very confident and, as you say, keep their escape route to their back. That's pretty much exactly right. Confident, quite cautious, and incredibly patient.

For example, I was in there just this past weekend. The understory is vastly thinned from its peak (even from a few weeks ago). We observed that what we presume to be wood ape activity happened much further away from us than usual, at least from those vectors where they no longer had cover. The foliage that hid the "logs" from Bob and the creature with eye shine from me are now almost totally gone. There was really only one place they could get close and we think they did. Conveniently, behind it was a well-used game trail that branched straight up the slope of the nearby mountainside. Had that been thinned out, too, I doubt they would have come in at all.

I'll get ahead of the "then why didn't you put a camera on that trail" question. If we had, I doubt they would have used it. Also, we're not trying to capture pictures.

Edited by bipto

You need both a horse and a cart to get somewhere.

Edited my previous post to avoid yet another rat's maze. This is why you can't have nice things.

I was going to say, Sylvanapithicus doesn't work.

Maybe something like Pseudogorilla sylvatica or something like that

Edited by Drew

They are very confident and, as you say, keep their escape route to their back. That's pretty much exactly right. Confident, quite cautious, and incredibly patient.

This is exactly the qualities that changed my opinions of what bigfoot is rather quickly, and through my own experiences.

Guest BFSleuth

Maybe something like Pseudogorilla sylvatica or something like that

Perhaps we could find a taxonomic category for Pseudoskepticus Cynacisticus.