Just Suppose...

Guest Vann Johnson

Guest Vann Johnson

At this point I don't want to divulge anything, so let's just look at this as a "hypothetical"...

My question pertains on how to present or, maybe a better word "introduce" close up footage, both still pics and several minutes of video taken of a Sasquatch?

Again, close up, not "grainy" or staggered filming. The real deal.Photos and video of tracks, too.

How would you introduce this evidence to the world? There are certainly many wrong ways to do this, so what would be the proper course of action to keep the situation from turning into a circus? Nobody is trying to make a buck here, but at some point the experience and knowledge needs to be shared. The safety of the creatures must also be taken into account. Yes, there were more then one and they dont' exactly look like the PG creature. Note - this evidence was taken by an individual who was open minded but did have doubts to the existence of these creatures. Not anymore.

Thank you

Guest GreatBIGFoot

Good post. I look forward to the answers too.

I dont know what I would do... I really don't

I would be torn between revealing it.... and keeping it secret. (Secret so they remain unknown and unharmed).

I would be afraid that revealing it would (maybe) cause them to be hunted once folks KNOW they are real.

I dont know... this is not an easy topic... and there is no right or wrong answer.

Perhaps I would contact someone like Jeff Meldrum and start by meeting with him, showing him what I had... and asking for his expert help and advice.

Thats about the best thing I can think of at the moment.

Guest TexasTracker

you need to private message a few of the folks running the forum that have experience with "best evidence" type footage.... privacy will be respected. You probably need to get an honest outside opinion from experienced folks here before moving forward.

Just my advice..

BTW, I'm curious as to what part of the country you're in...

not specifically where you are, but maybe what state or part of the state?

Without disclosing anything you feel is sensitive, what's the story behind the footage... I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

TT

Interesting!

Personally, I would hope that you don't sell it to Adrian Erickson, because we've waited an inordinately long time for his film, and who knows how much longer we'd have to wait.

I have a contact at the top of the BBC who might be a nice neutral person, and the BBC Wildlife department is world renowned. Let me know if this is of any use to you.

Mike

If you are serious about getting it out put it on youtube! Edit it so there is no location information and post it through an anonymous account. The bigfoot world is full of tales of clear footage and definitive proof that never gets seen although it's being held by supposedly responsible individuals. You can be sure that if the footage is good it will be examined and you will be able to make contact w/any serious researcher you want to on youtube, here, or anywhere else to facilitate studying.

You should ask to meet with someone in person to show them your video evidence. Once it's on the web it's out there forever. You might not put it out there, but if you send it to someone else, they may.

You're not as far from Dr. Meldrum as I am, so perhaps you could meet up with him.

As for people hunting them? I'll just say that, although possible, I highly doubt that anyone will experience a huge surge in people running out to bag a trophy. Possible? Of course. Probable? Unlikely. Who in their right mind would want to go out to bag a Sasquatch that they probably couldn't locate even if they knew the location of the footage? I'm not saying that the site location should be disclosed haphazardly, but if you're intent on proving their existence, there will have to be a follow-up investigations at the location eventually.

I understand your concern and I believe it to be warranted. After all, the very science you hope to convince of the creature's existence seems to demand a specimen. I'd worry more about this aspect than an army of armed goobers rushing out to bag a trophy for their den.

If you in fact have such evidence, I wish you all the best. Good luck!

No disrespect to Bill above, but I don't think YouTube is the answer. Not if you want this to be taken seriously

Bigfoot is hard as there are lots of people in it for the money.

Mikes suggestion is a good one, and Mike is a first rate honourable bloke. Also, the FMT may be useful here. Lastly, look up a member called Bipto. He works with the TBRC, and they have solid scientific methods.

Yeah there is no reason to delay or wait unless you want money. Post it here, post it there. The best thing is for it to be seen. It will speak for itself.

Have the film viewed and vetted by professionals and you will have much more credibility.

I think the suggestion of making contact with Dr. Meldrum is a good idea. Also, send a message to Bill Munns here on the forum, with his film and media experience he would probably be a great resource.

Selfishly speaking, I'd say post it here for us to see.

Edited by Scarecrow

Guest BFSleuth

I think the suggestions so far are very good ones. One thing I might add is that prior to releasing the images or video it would be very beneficial to go back to the location and do photographs for size comparison if that can be done. If the creatures are very big and you can replicate the photos shooting from the exact same location, with the same lens, and same framing of the shot with a human or other size reference in the same location as the subjects in the original pictures, then that will help establish the actual size of the subjects.

Post a still right here on this thread. If you have stills and several minutes of footage then I don't see the big deal.

I'm sure everyone would like to be able to scrutinize it. If it was only one pic I could understand holding back.

Considering it's multiple pics with minutes of video footage as well, I think it's a good idea :D

I was thinking that if the video is something that would definitely lure in hunters, sightseers, researchers, maybe you could contact, wildllife officials or law enforcement.Depending on what kind of land they are living in...

Maybe you can get official to protect the land, official signs...patrol vehicles, I am not sure. Maybe set up a neighborhood bigfoot watch to prowl for trophy hunters?

Just brain stormin'.

Why so much concern for the safety of the bigfoot? As long as the location isn't obvious to viewers it will make no difference in the probability of someone killing one. I assume the footage/pics are taken somewhere w/a natural background and not in front of the Mirage in Vegas and that the subjects filmed aren't holding a sign with map coordinates. Edit out any telling locational markers and let it fly.

Edited by ohiobill
  • Upvote 1

It was See-Te Cah that mentioned follow up corroboration/investigation at the site, that would happen eventually. I am not sure if that is necessary, I can only imagine there would be a huge amount of pressure to reveal the location

I honestly don't know if I'd put anything up right now. Even the best images and footage is getting savaged by the usual Skeptics, and I just don't know if it would be worth the aggravation.

I think that contacting a reliable researcher like Dr Meldrum might be the way to go. There are people around here who know him and might be able to do an intro, but you might have to establish some bona fides first.

Edit out any telling locational markers and let it fly.

The problem is that ANY editing gives the usual Skeptics much "hoax" fodder. Look at what happened with the Temagemi pictures.