Just Suppose...

Guest Vann Johnson

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think the Bigfoot world needs a new PGF. It's been like 45 years. There are probably a number of people (including Erickson) that have really good footage, but so far none have been released :unsure:

Edited by OntarioSquatch

At this point I don't want to divulge anything, so let's just look at this as a "hypothetical"...

My question pertains on how to present or, maybe a better word "introduce" close up footage, both still pics and several minutes of video taken of a Sasquatch?

Again, close up, not "grainy" or staggered filming. The real deal.Photos and video of tracks, too.

How would you introduce this evidence to the world? There are certainly many wrong ways to do this, so what would be the proper course of action to keep the situation from turning into a circus? Nobody is trying to make a buck here, but at some point the experience and knowledge needs to be shared. The safety of the creatures must also be taken into account. Yes, there were more then one and they dont' exactly look like the PG creature. Note - this evidence was taken by an individual who was open minded but did have doubts to the existence of these creatures. Not anymore.

Thank you

I'm not really sure what your concern is. You say "No one is trying to make a buck here", so evidently copyright isn't a concern for you.

If your main concern is a "circus", that's really out of your hands and unavoidable. When the photos/video is seen, people will make what they want of it. I wouldn't really let that worry me.

So I say post them here first and let the experts decide.

SSR Team

If it was me and it was kosher of course, i'd show a good Lawyer the Video on my computer and let him/her view it the get him starting copyright stuff.

In the meantime i'd see no reason why i wouldn't do a screen capture of a still picture and i would put it on here firstly, not a problem.

Once the Lawyer is happy that the legal stuff is tied up with regards to ownership i'd then look to getting at Nat Geo or the BBC like Mike said.

I'd have no issues at all with talking to the powers that be on this website, many of whom i trust 100% and i'd get my head together with them and i'll be honest, i'd be looking to make some serious $$ out of that footage and know i could completely.

Edited by BobbyO

Guest BFSleuth

There is another option that would help vet the evidence without making it known to the general public that the BFF can offer. If you become a PMP member (see the link in my signature below) then you could post your photos or video in the PMP area for paid members. This area is not available on search engines or otherwise accessible to the general public. You could have discussion and feedback from many serious researchers without worrying about creating an immediate media frenzy. Pump up your post total to 75, pay $20 for a year's membership, then fire away.

Other members that have joined the PMP have shared their evidence and sighting reports in this manner already, and discussion threads are more "wide open" regarding the rules and regulations of the general forum.

Well this may be being selfish. But really, it will either sink or swim on its own merits. There's really nothing to worry about here. The video will neither prove or disprove their existance. It can only add to the collection of video's or be deemed a clever hoax. Neither outcome really matters. I'm a skeptic. But I would like nothing more than to see some astounding footage and think, "Holy frickin' cow! That's astounding! Maybe they are real!"

I've always had an open mind. I just need proof is all. Some have personal proof in the form of an unmistakable daylight sighting. I don't.

Now keep in mind I'm not talking to anyone here who has seen one. They're knowers. I just selfishly want to become a knower too. And maybe your video will bring me closer to it. There's really nothing to lose. Proof will or will not come in the form of DNA or a body, not film.

Guest gershake

There is another option that would help vet the evidence without making it known to the general public that the BFF can offer. If you become a PMP member (see the link in my signature below) then you could post your photos or video in the PMP area for paid members. This area is not available on search engines or otherwise accessible to the general public. You could have discussion and feedback from many serious researchers without worrying about creating an immediate media frenzy. Pump up your post total to 75, pay $20 for a year's membership, then fire away.

Another positive side effect that'd have is that it'd make me become a paying PMP member...

Heck, I'd pay his PMP membership for him!

I suggest contacting the staff here for sure. HRP has handled this stuff before.

But don't forget about us common folk! A still or two would be greatly appreciated!

I've got to ask why you lot aren't members of the PMP anyway.

-

I don't think anyone has welcomed our new member. So, Vann Johnson, welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here.

Mike

How would you introduce this evidence to the world?

I wouldn't, either sit on it or sell it to a private collector.

Edited by peter

SSR Team

It might not be a bad shout sitting on it whilst this DNA stuff is going on.

If that would turn out to be positive, the footage could be worth much more $$ possibly.

I'm not so sure, Bobby. I think the danger is that you could be trumped. The big money is going to go the first with great footage. The returns after that will decline rapidly, I reckon.

Guest talithamouse

Welcome to the forum, Vann Johnson!

I wonder how current your video and or prints are... if very current, are these creatures staying put in that area? Clearly you' all have been moved by what you have seen, express concern for theses creatures and that's nice. I think putting out any pic or video when ever it's done garnishes a ton of critics, no matter who has "seen" it first. That all being said, if it's as good as you say it would be a great opportunity to create funds for protection. Nu said.

I would get the copyrights done, make high quality copys of the original videos and photo's, then arrange a showing with Meldrum. Have him assemble a team of scientists to study the film site to establish every dimension of the site and subjects in the photo's and videos. Assemble the documentation then things get dicey. Agreements have to be signed with all people involved in how it all would be presented, who might publish it, and who benefits from it when released for documentary use etc.

Or you could just post it to youtube and let the mud slinging begin.