What Should A Group Of Bigfoot Be Called?

but what if the group isn't a actually a family, but perhaps a group or unrelated juveniles, not unlike a bigfoot daycare, lol. Or a group of competing bachelors. I'd hate to refer to them as a family, if they are not actually a family. If they are a family we could always say "this *blank* of Bigfoot are a family"

New page, new opportunity to post the poll again:

http://poll.pollcode.com/9a18fy

Edited by Mounty

SASQUATTLE!!!

A Sasquattle of Sasquatch? Do you seriously think a group of Sasquatch should be called a Sasquattle, or are you just having fun? You've pitched it numerous times now. What does Sasquattle mean to you?

I thought for the longest time that Sasquattle was a term used for a female Sas. I ran across the word years ago, but now don't know where I first saw it. Please - someone enlighten me as to the origin of this "Sasquattle" business. It is killing me...I want to say it was Sanderson, but it might have been Burns, since he first coined the term Sasquatch.

So yes, Mounty, I think James is being serious.

edit: fix grammar stuff...

Edited by notgiganto

I am being both factitious and serious at once. I know it sounds silly but it seems to work. I imagine it would get some hits if you added it to your poll. Bigfoots, bigfeet, and Sasquatches haven't got the same ring that Sasquattle has. I have heard it used on a few of the more promenant podcasts and by Bigfoot celebrities such as Scott Herriott and Brian Brown.

I am being both factitious and serious at once. I know it sounds silly but it seems to work. I imagine it would get some hits if you added it to your poll. Bigfoots, bigfeet, and Sasquatches haven't got the same ring that Sasquattle has. I have heard it used on a few of the more promenant podcasts and by Bigfoot celebrities such as Scott Herriott and Brian Brown.

Oh, you are trying to pluralize Sasquatch as opposed to Sasquatches/Bigfoots/Bigfeet. I understand you now. However, this thread is not for pluralizing the names we already have, but to find a new name for the actual "group" itself.

For example, more than one bird is pluralized as "birds", but the name of the group of birds is a "flock". Understand?

In my personal opinion, for what its worth, the pluralized form of Bigfoot/Sasquatch should just be Bigfoot/Sasquatch, not unlike the pluralized form of Deer or Fish. And not unlike the pluralized form of Deer or Fish, Bigfoots/Bigfeet/Sasquatches should be reserved for when there is more than one Bigfoot/Sasquatch of different species or subspecies (if that exists). Or maybe this is when Sasquattle could be the appropriate term; Sasquattle being the all encompassing term for all the genre of subspecies. If that exists. Personally, I disagree, but I'm just one man.

Edited by Mounty

Guest spurfoot

Sasquattle is pretty good. Better might be a Squattle of Sasquatch. It is more succinct and English tends to gravitate toward the terse.

I refer to a group of three or more as a Crew ( A crew of Swamp Apes were drinking moonshine and dancing the jig) because of the way they travel in a group. It's what I write in my notes and what I refer to them as in my video's it seems to fit.

After this thread reaches 2000 views I'll post a new poll. The new poll will have the top 2 vote getters from the first poll, and it will likely (but not written in stone) include:

a Troop of Bigfoot, a Family of Bigfoot, a Crew of Bigfoot and a Sasquattle of Bigfoot.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the above four suggestions, except for maybe "crew", but the people have spoken and these are the front runners of the secondary suggestions.

Here's the link to the original poll again for ease of voting: http://poll.pollcode.com/9a18fy

Edited by Mounty

Guest SquatchinNY

Not a Sasquattle of Bigfoot, just Sasquattle. For example

I saw 4 Sasquattle running towards me, that's when I needed new boxers.

Not a Sasquattle of Bigfoot, just Sasquattle. For example

I saw 4 Sasquattle running towards me, that's when I needed new boxers.

Please read my response to James a few posts up.