Did You Dream?

• 2 months later...

Well, here I am and it's 4:56am, been up since 2:15am with a bigfoot nightmare. I thought the nightmares and dreams had mostly ended but apparently not.

Dreamed that a sasquatch juvenile was running on the roof of my old decrepit apartment. The roof cracked under his weight and he fell through and died in the middle of the night. What a horrible dream. Woke up wide awake and laid in bed for hours until I decided a while ago to just get up, make coffee and hope for a nap later.

Anyone else dreaming these days?

Guest VioletX

That is kind of a depressing dream Madison, hard to shake those off and get back to sleep.

The night or two before something growled at me for a while I had a dream about a dark evil Sasquatch entity that I was viewing or sensing near the den area, nothing happened in the dream but it was kind of chilling.

I've been practicing lucid dreaming on and off for over 30 years.

The week after my first encounter I started lucid dreaming again (almost every night) even though I had made no conscious decision to do so.

That had never happenned to me before. In the past I would have to consciously remind myself to look at my hands in my dreams because that was the trigger to control the dream.

Guest COGrizzly

I've told this one before somewhere on here. It's quite freaky if you ask me.

A friend of ours and a roommate of my best friend told us of his dream one time. The guy was late 20's and had not even heard of the PGF, the Ape Canyon story. or really anything related to "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch". He had a repetitive dream of him being younger, about 10 and being in his families cabin east of Steamboat Springs. The "old" cabin. They had rebuilt the cabin to a really nice one (more like a self-sufficient home). And the new one is super sweet and it is easily 5 miles from any road in the middle of an enormous National Forest. So - in the dream, he is terrified because there are very very large apes trying to get into the small, old cabin. He remembers seeing hands reaching through parts of the cabin and the hands were dark brown and twice the size of his father's. The dream always ends with these things just trying to get in.

Sounds much like the Ape Canyon story....and he had never even heard that story before.

Crazy!

I've never had an encounter, but I start having bigfoot dreams after simply reading a few good encounter stories.

My interest in bigfoot waxes and wanes, so what typically happens is that when I get really into it, reading news and such, I will read a few detailed encounters and then start having dreams of encounters. When my interest passes and I stop keeping up with bigfootery, the dreams stop. I have gone through about two or three of these periods of intense interest with dream accompaniment.

The dreams seem to be connected to good (detailed, close, or otherwise powerful) encounter stories only, and not general bigfoot news. E.g., following the Ketchum DNA paper rumors does not bring on dreams.

Guest VioletX

It is so strange that many of us have so many Bigfoot dreams. I am not sure why, but I think that Bigfoot could be part of the collective unconscious, almost a memory in our Dna, so to speak, and maybe when we have an encounter or other introduction, it is sort of like an awakening.

A nocturnal awakening,lol.

I remember the night I started reading the thread about people sharing the most scariest bf encounters they know of. I woke up in a sweat. I don't remember the dream in details which is weird, because often I do. I only remember I was really scared of a BF that was in the dream.

Guest VioletX

I wonder if dreaming about BF means you are gearing up for an encounter somehow, maybe that is silly. The mind preparing itself for a future encounter...hopefully not as scary as your dream Skyla ; )

Thanks violet...I hope not too! I was terribly afraid of BF as a child, so maybe reading the stories triggered some sub-conscience memories of fear.

http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-remedies-bad-dreams-336697.html?cat=68

If you are having violent types of bad dreams, dopamine levels can be increased by upping your intake of B vitamins. Common herb remedies such as drinking chamomile tea, putting lavender essential oils in the bath or drinking peppermint tea also may help. Powdered lavender can also be burned like incense. Peppermint is most often eaten in cookies or candy but can also be used in a crockpot roast. Chamomile can be put into a bath, infused into baby shampoo, used in water to rinse hair, or put into a foot soak. In extreme cases of nightmares try Kava Kava or Valerian root, both of which can be found online or at your health food store, but take them at bedtime because they can make you sleepy.

Medical studies also show that bad dreams involving pain, fear or anxiety can be caused by stomach problems. This may be why eating right before bed seems to cause bad dreams, because you experience poor digestion when you fall asleep on a full stomach. These stomach problems can be caused by fear in waking life and in your dreams, which creates a vicious cycle of gastric upset and bad dreams.

Increase the intake of both fiber and water when you are having fearful or painful nightmares. Decrease sugar intake. Other natural remedies include vitamin C, E and B supplements and taking herbs such a echinacea, anise and caraway seed. Echinacea is found in pill form at the drugstore or health food store. Anise can be found at the grocery store and is used in baked goods to produce a licorice flavor. You can also eat anise by using it in recipes for German foods, in Indian soups and stews, and in pepperoni or sausage. Caraway seed, also in the spice aisle, is found in rye breads and sauerkraut, can be put in turkey pot pie to complement the flavor of the turkey, goes great when cooked into a reuben sandwich, and is a savory herb to use as part of lentil soup.

Herbs, used for medicine since the beginning of recorded history, have only recently been eclipsed by modern artificial medicines. Don't let relatively new prejudices against natural healing keep you from trying these safe and inexpensive ways to calm your bad dreams.

That's a nice list, thanks, norseman! I hope to have many of these in my garden next summer, the first time I'll have a "real" garden (vs container) for a few years. This one was so upsetting because it just came "out of the blue" and was so very vivid. Made for a very long miserable day!