The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

We need to step back and take a deep breath.

I see some problems in this plan, as others see problems with mine. ( like dismemberment :). )

The first thing you need to ask yourself before heaping criticism on the falcon project? Is what in Sam's heck have you done to prove the creatures existence!?

If your answer is zip,zero, nada? Zip it skippy!

Norse, I didn't expect this from you. 

The first thing you need to ask yourself before heaping criticism on the falcon project? Is what in Sam's heck have you done to prove the creatures existence!? 

If your answer is zip,zero, nada? Zip it skippy! 

I have done nothing to test the effects of Nuclear explosions on people and the environment.

But you can bet your Viking butt that I am going to criticize Nuclear weapons testing.

• Upvote 1

Well the advertising part is out due to being under the University, he mentioned that, and with nothing to really go on

with the craft we will be in a wait and see, and SWWASP should be consulted, or someone like him to be on the ground

when this thing gets going. I would call William if your interested, I am sure he might be looking for some advice, although

the maker of the craft may be supplying him with the necessary support to get it flying safely. In the end it will come down

to the ground team making headway in gathering data, data that can be reproduced allowing for the creatures to be located

far more easily. Is that not the real problem here, knowing when and where they will be at a given season, and being able

to predict that reliably. The fact they have narrowed the search down to areas with only ONE main water source, well

besides normal melt, or unknown springs, this forces a little more predictability from the creatures. You know the old saying,

They always follow the cricks. Well that is certainly true in most areas, and I for one have documented that very pattern in

my state of Illinois. The pins below represent class A sightings in La Salle county IL, which for my state is a bit of a hot spot,

listed on the BFRO, and researched by myself as to specific locations, it shows a definite pattern of using the creeks that

flow into the main river, not a real surprise as most wildlife uses the same habitat, and as you can see it is the only habitat

really available, but remember in this area the corn is secondary cover by mid to late summer. If you can determine the patterns

of the creature you can predict their movements, you can begin to document them in earnest, that is the MO of the Falcon Project,

identifying the patterns of movement to the point of predictability.

post-23370-0-89355800-1426167703_thumb.j

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

As far as proving the existence, I see a mountain of egomania in play for many of Bigfootery's pro-kill players, be it for fortune and/or fame. 

Be careful what you wish for....

Yeah,  Like the hundreds of years and thousands of Alchemists!  Proved they were right after all - eh?

Come see me in a couple hundred years and we can make a comparison.

Come see me in a couple hundred years and we can make a comparison.

so we have not had bigfoot around for a couple of hundred years?  No robes made of hide,  no skeletons,  no bones being used as tools,  no fossils,  no crap,  no hunter kills (verified)  no heads hanging on walls? 

lots of stories and mythology going back several hundred years,  and absolutely 0 hard evidence?  peculiar at best for a huge beast roaming around regularly contacting humans across most of the USA, since pioneer days if daniel boone is to be believed?

Guest Divergent1

It might be that the bones are overlooked as unidentified human bones. If someone reports finding remains then a rural sheriff's office would more than likely take them to to the coroner's office until they could be identified. Coroners vary in qualifications, so there might be many John Does buried or cremated that aren't necessarily homo sapiens. I wouldn't say missing bones was an absolute indication that the creature doesn't exist.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/post-mortem/things-to-know/how-qualified-is-your-coroner.html

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question732.html

It might be worth someone's while to check state qualifications for medical examiners/coroners in states with a high rate of sightings.

Edited by Divergent1

As far as proving the existence, I see a mountain of egomania in play for many of Bigfootery's pro-kill players, be it for fortune and/or fame. 

Be careful what you wish for....

And you don't see that in play with the anti kill players????

This discussion appears to have devolved into the more fundamental debate of whether these creatures exist. Hopefully the Falcon Project will end that debate! I'm really struggling to see why anyone should have a problem with it; I can't think of a better way to find the damned things!

I would like to see this project succeed.

IMHO the fieldwork component alone will be valuable for collecting information about diet, social structures, language etc. The association with the university and the eventual turning over of the project to them some years down the road will allow for education of the general public and dissemination of further information from a respected institution. This would be the perfect way to allow them to be "discovered". I don't think it is possible to keep their existence under wraps for much longer given today's technology.

Add to this some possible tidbits from Dr. Sykes' new book to dangle the possibility that there "may" really be something out there....grin...and you have the makings of a "soft" announcement just like a new restaurant or new retail store has a soft opening.

This is the second or third reference, regarding Dr. Sykes and proof of Sasquatch. I was under the impression he had not found any evidence of this, from the samples that had been submitted. In fact, I was not aware he'd published a new book. What is the title of the new book? Does he claim he believes in Sasquatch or has found new evidence?

This would be a huge announcement for the BF community.

Guest lightheart

Cisco, there is another thread that references this I just can't remember which one. But there is apparently some new information from a hair that was not testable 10 years ago but was retested using new methods. The title of the new book is " The Nature of the Beast, bigfoot, Yeti, and Other Cryptids. At least I think it is since that title itself has changed three times. I think we could say that Dr. Sykes is at least continuing to investigate the issue. The information on Amazon is designed to lead the perspective book buyer to the conclusion that the good Dr. may have found something....

BFF Patron

Quite frankly I do not trust Sykes motivation or involvement in BF or Yeti.     A scientific skeptic can make more points with his colleagues from proving something is a bear than going to the fringe of science and risking ridicule.    He comes off as a hard core skeptic to me.     If some object with a questionable chain of custody (all of what he gets is in this category)  shows some markers  similar to human, it is easier to assume contamination, than go out on a limb and proclaim a new species.    People have sent a lot of stuff to him and never hear any results back.   Ever wonder why? 

• Upvote 3