If You Could Search Anywhere, Where Would You Search?

Guest SergeantTorpor

I've always wanted to put a houseboat on Pat Mayse, or Broken Bow.... some of those lakes in S E Oklahoma and East Texas. Just tool around with some night optics or thermal and see what comes down to the water. Lazy man's Squatchin'.

Prince of Wales Island, Alaska.

Bluff Creek area, California.

Harrison Hot Springs area, British Columbia.

Sierra Mountains, California, specifically the same camp where the Sierra sounds came from.

Wilmore Wilderness Park, Alberta.

Anywhere.

SSR Team

Prince of Wales Island, Alaska.

Good shout AS.

SSR Team

I'm pretty sure there's no Brown Bears on the Island, which is a double bonus.. :D

I've always wanted to put a houseboat on Pat Mayse, or Broken Bow.... some of those lakes in S E Oklahoma and East Texas. Just tool around with some night optics or thermal and see what comes down to the water. Lazy man's Squatchin'.

Would that be trolling for squatch like trolling for striper?

Edited by Tazz77

^ trolling for a stripper or striper? I guess you could do either on a boat. :biggrin:

haha busted me Freudian slip

Edited by Tazz77

I call the cave systems of Washington, BC and Vancouver son! If I COULD that is, would probably get eaten alive or lost in a second

Bluff Creek has been my choice. I have been all around the Bluff Creek area probably over 20 times and it is a long drive to get there. Those visits tended to be about 3 days in the area on average. It is also a long drive on all those somewhat deficient roads in the Bluff Creek area. We tended to drive all over. In spite of it being famous it is also a terrific place to get into some really isolated areas, at least it was. There are apparently a lot of people visiting it recently so it might not be completely isolated like it used to be.

The roads were usually fairly passable even without a 4 wheel drive. Some of the terrain in that area is so thickly forested that it is very difficult to walk through. It would take a long time to penetrate deeply into that forest. I wanted to try that but I never really managed more than a few hours away from camp I guess because I was a bit lazy and also nervous about navigation. The back of my truck was also extremely comfortable and that is why I didn't get around to penetrating deep into that area. It was also isolated enough that I didn't consider lack of isolation to be much of a deterrent to a sasquatch being there. In other words the long hike might not be any better than the immediate area. This is the grid coordinate of a place I liked to camp. 41.588402, -123.691698 Pretty much north northwest of there was where I wanted to penetrate on my most recent trips there.

You need to prepare for cold and damp even in summer. It can be extremely isolated and rugged so take plenty of gas and supplies. Check with the forest service since they used to close access frequently.

Guest Kerchak

Tidal flats/estuaries and inlets of various places in British Columbia and southeast Alaska and the various islands there. You'd have far better fields of view/vision than heading into a deep thick mountain forest. If I had the time and the money (and enjoyed getting bored) I'd set up some permanent hides strategically placed on the edges of these tidal flats and hang around for months just watching.

I absolutely agree with Kerchak. The only thing I would add is wandering around in the various cave systems up in that area. I am sure I would find something interesting. Maybe Jimmy Hoffa?