If You Could Search Anywhere, Where Would You Search?

Guest SergeantTorpor

My perspective on how best to observe an intelligent creature (such as we most frequently characterize BF) is to try to observe them when they are unable to know that they are being observed, and to do this by using larger optics such as those usually used for astronomical work, and so I think the best place to search is in the Southern Rockies. Documented observations, lots of prey, and a mosaic of landscape types (forests, meadows, scree slopes ranging from lowlands to alpine/climate) suitable for long distance observations across a high aspect view-shed, which means that a single observation post can see valleys, mountainsides, water sources, passes, and open areas where large prey animals are naturally behaving over many square miles containing many natural features that would offer opportunities to see movement. Additionally the Southern Rockies are frequently dominated by good weather with unparalleled clarity/stability of the air in which larger than typical optical devices can be effectively used for extreme telephoto imaging.

Edited by dogu4

I wouldn't change areas that I already had three sightings from.

I would change the time. If I knew and had the equipment back then that I do now, I would have amazing footage and audio. And I would only share it with some family and friends.

There's a tunnel near Mt. Ashland, maybe just west a bit. Go there and find a squatch. Then, head west to Miller Lake, find a squatch. Then head west through the Red Buttes and find a squatch. It's pretty much guaranteed...and by guaranteed I mean a possible maybe.

SSR Team

That sounds familiar to me COG, coincides with the Elk and Mule Deer migration routes up there too doesn't it ?

Guest COGrizzly

Yepper McYepperson.

A few years back, I spoke with one very well known researcher in CO about the flattops area. At the end of the conversation, I asked him how certain he was about the being up there. He said, "I am 110% certain they are there."

Edited by COGrizzly