How To Have An Encounter...

BFF Patron

If you go into the woods expecting or trying to have an encounter, then you will have an encounter. Even if you may not be having a encounter.

Sorry, but one of the biggest, baddest and cruelest fallacies on BFF1.0 being repeated on BFF2.0

Whatever happened to being planful, persistent, tenacious and of course being lucky, or being at the right place mostly at the right time, lol.

Try a different flavor of Kool-aid, been slurping that one too long.....

"Luck is when skill and opportunity come together." _unknown

"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.“ ~Edward Gibbon

“Chance favors the prepared mind.“ ~ Louis Pasteur

"Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.“ – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry, but one of the biggest, baddest and cruelest fallacies on BFF1.0 being repeated on BFF2.0

Whatever happened to being planful, persistent, tenacious and of course being lucky, or being at the right place mostly at the right time, lol.

Try a different flavor of Kool-aid, been slurping that one too long.....

"Luck is when skill and opportunity come together." _unknown

"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.“ ~Edward Gibbon

“Chance favors the prepared mind.“ ~ Louis Pasteur

"Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.“ – Ralph Waldo Emerson

You may want to look at post #16. Good grief...

I pulled reports from every database I could find online and broke them out by area (mostly by highways and/or river systems). I then went and logged the last few years on a map according to what kind of encounters they were and figured those were some of the most active areas within 50 miles. Ended up with nearly a hundred reports in my own county over the last 40 years and a good dozen in the past year or two. In looking at those areas, I can picture in my mind the food sources there and determine if the area could possibly support and hide a troop of BF's. That would seem to weed out the reasonable areas to look into if I chose to. It was an interesting project. It gives me direction to go should I want to go out and look in another area for a different troop than the one I've stumbled across.

Or where I don't want to hike alone, hey hey!

Right,that's what most investigators do.

Edited by JohnCartwright

Nothing can guarantee an encounter, but you can increase your chances deliberately by choosing places where activity has been documented and increase your odds by going out more often. Two things that anyone can do deliberately. If you're not in the right place at the right time nothing is going to happen. And even if you choose a place wisely and go often, it still might not happen.

A lot of sighting are from motorists driving down back, wooded roads at night. Maybe cruise the back roads more often, but if you get one in your headlights, hit the accelerator not the brakes.

If I had done that it would have totalled my truck. It is the biggest animal I have seen in the US- bigger than a moose, buffalo or grizzly.

The single most important thing you can do to have an enounter is also the hardest.

You must be completely alone.

I disagree with this. Large groups I would agree though.

Disagree as you will. It's been proven time and time again. Search the BFRO Blue Forum for MM's comments about one of the Arizona expeditions.

Then look at how many reports involve a single witness vs multiple witnesses. The single witness reports far and away outnumber the multiple witness one's.

If I had done that it would have totalled my truck. It is the biggest animal I have seen in the US- bigger than a moose, buffalo or grizzly.

Yeah, but you would have a killer bigfoot hood ornament.

I would suspect relative numbers matter. Trying to engage a clan of 5 with 7 people may not work, but trying to engage a band of 20, in the middle of nowhere, and they'll be quite happy to screw with you.

Might depend on where you are with that group of people or individual, what you are doing, whether or not you're quiet or loud, whether or not you are doing something they'd find interesting, whether or not there are kids in your group and the personalities of the people involved.

Edited by madison5716

• 4 weeks later...

Disagree as you will. It's been proven time and time again. Search the BFRO Blue Forum for MM's comments about one of the Arizona expeditions.

Then look at how many reports involve a single witness vs multiple witnesses. The single witness reports far and away outnumber the multiple witness one's.

Sorry for my late post on this interesting topic, but I find the BFRO stats (showing that single witness reports far outnumber multiple witnesss reports) intriguing.

I don't think that this stat is evidence that going alone increases the chances that BF will come forward to a single witness.

It could also be that going alone increases the alertness of the eyewtiness and makes his sighting more likely if a BF is around.

Mabye a BF could have been there when multiple witnesses were hiking, but they were busy talking to each other or being distracted.

I don't know if hiking singly is a cause (makes BF to come out) or an effect (allows the witness to be fully aware of reality).

I do know that when I hike alone, I am more fully alert of my surroundings and always look back upon the trail and sideways just to be fully aware of the new area I am hiking thru.

But, when I am hiking with friends, we are in full conversation and time could pass quickly without paying attention to our surroundings.

Of course, if the party is hunting, then hopefully everybody is fully aware of their surroundings, but my experinece is backpacking in the wilderness.

One way to test which hypothesis is more likely, is to check those cases where the BF sightings were made by multiple parties and find out what were they doing (hunting, hiking, camping).

If it was dominated by hunters (who usually are more aware of surroundings than recreational hikers), then it would support the awareness hypothesis.

If it was random and not dominated by any particular group, then it would support the BF chose the single witness hypothesis.

BFF Patron

The single most important thing you can do to have an enounter is also the hardest.

I will agree with this because it is how those closest to the being seem to get the greatest graphic details when alone. That is what set many up for ridicule by itself, because people figure if you don't have a multiple witnesses that just maybe it didn't happen. If you think BF doesn't know this too, think again.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest kchuskey

Strangely enough. This is the same concept, as getting a hole in one.

Very good information Madison!! I was fortunate enough to be on a habituator's land when I had my very close encounter with a family group of Bigfoot. I could see five, two of which got to within about 15-20 feet of me, but more movement all around in the brush.

I spent two days lurking about hiding out with a night vision scope doing the hunting, stalking and tracking thing with absolutely no results. Out of desperation, I went off out in the woods and just talked out loud telling them I only wanted to see them and would not hurt them. Someone would have thought I was crazy, but it truly worked. I had my once in a lifetime experience the next day with the land owner standing right there with me.

Some have thought I was making up the story-and that's okay, it doesn't change what happened to me. If you treat these subjects with genuine respect rather than like they were some dumb animal, truly amazing things can and will happen to you!