How To Have An Encounter...

Guest VioletX

Thanks Midnight, I have heard your story before...but I enjoyed hearing it again : )

Thanks Midnight, I have heard your story before...but I enjoyed hearing it again : )

Wanted to add that, did you feel that since you were purposely seeking interaction with a Sasquatch, that you had somehow readied yourself or made yourself open to it. I feel that may be a gradual thing sometimes.

There is no way to have an encounter 100% of the time, but there are ways to increase your chances. Being alone is it's own risks and rewards, you could get hurt and get stranded BUT being alone does seem to make the creatures more comfortable with coming in closer, they only have to focus on one thing ,,, YOU. But being alone can trick the mind into believing it is haveing an encounter when in reallity it is not a Squatch walking in the brush behinde you it is only a racoon following you on the dry leaves because he has smelled your trail snack. This is where getting the mind under control and taking a moment to think hard about what is going on play a huge part in determining what you are really encountering. When I first started in my research everything in the dark moving near me was a squatch in my mind but as time went on I realized my mind was my biggest problem but could become me greatest tool. Your mind was built to protect your body, therefore it projects the worst image it can produce to trigger you fight or flight response, once you KNOW this you can stop, think and let your self understand what really is there and what is not.

From what I have learned producing an encounter starts with a pattern, I put myself in a suspect travel route then begin a routine,I announce myself and I do the same basic walk through but sometimes break path to look around but always come back onto the path. After I astablish a my pattern I will act differant from most humans, I will climb a tree, jump over logs for fun, flip logs and then put them back and I will pretend to stalk deer. These types of activities seem to get thier attention and keeps them watching and coming closer. I don't stare at any one spot for exstended times and I if I hear something I will not react to it by turning and locking my eyes in that direction, I will pass my vision all around to grasp where it came from and then note it for the next time I hear something in that direction. If they scream ,knock or howle near me I just pretend I don't hear it and I just stand there looking around and acting like nothing happened, if they start rock throwing I leave that area right away. As of the past year I am always ready with a camera around my neck and a recorder is running, I NEVER { not even in the tent } use white light or any light if I can help it, I also try not to wear complex camo or bright orange, I do not want to be viewed as a hunter { someone that takes thier deer}.

This is just a basic layout I have been doing for the past few years and is producing results that cannot be explianed as your ,,normal ,, wildlife behavior.

You guys crack me up, if there are BF's, my guess is the only way to really have a sighting (again if they are real) is to find an area with lots of reports, don your camo and find a comfortable spot near a game trail and sit for days.......and wait...no whistles, no wood knocks, no nothing....

macsparty I have had encounters in other parts of Michigan but most of my encounters have taken place in Clare county. I have had 2 possible night sightings , 1 class ,,A,, daylight sighting and 1 possible dusk sighting.

Guest BastetsCat

The single most important thing you can do to have an enounter is also the hardest.

You must be completely alone.

I disagree...Most often I have seen them when with other people. A joke from some of my friends is if you want to see one then drag Bastet into the woods with you....LOL. Don't get any ideas.

Very good information Madison!! I was fortunate enough to be on a habituator's land when I had my very close encounter with a family group of Bigfoot. I could see five, two of which got to within about 15-20 feet of me, but more movement all around in the brush.

I spent two days lurking about hiding out with a night vision scope doing the hunting, stalking and tracking thing with absolutely no results. Out of desperation, I went off out in the woods and just talked out loud telling them I only wanted to see them and would not hurt them. Someone would have thought I was crazy, but it truly worked. I had my once in a lifetime experience the next day with the land owner standing right there with me.

Some have thought I was making up the story-and that's okay, it doesn't change what happened to me. If you treat these subjects with genuine respect rather than like they were some dumb animal, truly amazing things can and will happen to you!

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

They do respond to talking. I have a motor mouth....I talk all the time. to the cats the dogs and the horses....if none of those are present I talk to the birds. I do talk to BF if I know they are around and feel that they are okay with me being there.

In Florida I used to sit on the porch and talk to this Giant spider. Black leathery looking with a spike on the back and a yellow spot also on the back. Like six inches across from leg tip to leg tip. That could be why the whistler decided to whistle for me every night. That was one cool spider by the way. When I went out on the porch it would climb off of its web and sit on the rail looking at me, when I stopped talking it would climb onto its web and bounce it like it was talking back.....I hate spiders, but this one was cool.

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

They do respond to talking. I have a motor mouth....I talk all the time. to the cats the dogs and the horses....if none of those are present I talk to the birds. I do talk to BF if I know they are around and feel that they are okay with me being there.

I'm not a motor mouth, but I do talk to my puppy constantly when I take her on walks. When I think about it, I worry that I sound crazy, but I can't seem to help myself anyway! I take comfort in knowing that you do the same thing... and that it might help me to see a Bigfoot someday. :)

The single most important thing you can do to have an enounter is also the hardest.

You must be completely alone.

I agree with this too. You present the least threatening scenario possible.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Guest BastetsCat

Cervelo, just for you. I arrowed you up one because that made me smile.

I never go alone. To me the woods are to be shared with others.

Guest Cervelo

Well dang it take me with you.....please I won't even bring a toothpick!! :)

I can be just like this if I have to without really trying to hard......Bigfoot!

Edited by Cervelo