What Do You Think? Thought Provoking....

Guest poignant

Overlap with the Missing 411 material?

Yeah many people for whatever reason have an airy-fairy bambi-like innocuous view of wildlife. Some even think that BF are our forest friends... :crazy:

Who knows what an intelligent 500lb cursorial primate could or would do?

Edited by poignant

Would love to read it, but bloody China is blocking everything again (Gmail, Google Search engine, Yahoo Search engine, Blogspot, Flickr, etc., etc.).

Guest VioletX

TFS KC.

I do wonder about being a Bigfoot magnet, that would be a great thread...wonder if anyone here feels that way...that even if they do not see anything blatant that they are either aware of something or something is aware of them. Sounds a bit creepy...

I do think that avoiding humans in general would keep me safer,lol, but yes there is some danger in the wild and taking chances is not a good idea.

BFF Patron

I read this and found it frightening and truthful. What do you think?

http://bf-field-jour...036964947620305

Spot on, I just wonder how far they can follow you home, lol.

I always used to call it "the researcher becomes the researched" but I'm sure there is a simpler explanation for it (short of pareidolia that is :hi: ).

I still do not feel they pick off people as often as missing 411 propaganda would have you believe. But if you think they do not monitor all in their domain, think again.

Edited by bipedalist

I do think there are things that can happen while in the field, not normally considered. It seems we were followed back to our base camp, after we hiked along a creek, deep into remote areas. That night is when things started to happen. Possibly, only a coincidence.

I don't think the subjects can follow me home.. unless they can either drive, or run Real fast for hours on end, and have a travel corridor on the NY State Thruway :wink:

Edited by imonacan

Everybody has their own reactions, I guess.

Mine is: boy it would be cool to see one.

I have read of many who had this guy's reaction. (To something he didn't even really see.) Then there's the old lady who stopped her car; looked carefully at him; and said, well I'll be. You're real, aren't you. And the kids who have seen one and thought: cool. And the teenage girl who has been hoping, ever since her 3 a.m. sighting, that she gets to see another one.

That's me.

I'm in the woods alone, most of the times I go. I watch my kids carefully when I'm with them, but without undue worry. (And as much of that for the possible lurking cougar or nutcase as for anything else.)

The evidence for the sasquatch says, pretty clearly: not much to worry about.

Much of this is what your mind puts into it. A clear-headed review of the evidence, however, says: you should hope to see one. Just another critter.

But what a cool critter.

the text:

The "Loss of Innocence" - Advice to Aspiring Bigfoot Researchers

Scott-1X.jpg

I used to love the outdoors. I would go out alone and wander around in the forest, exploring new places, the further off the beaten path the better. I would go into the National Park and select a drainage and just go, walk in for a couple hours then turn around and walk back out. I preferred to hunt deer alone, finding spots so deep in the thickets that no one else would even dream of going back into these places. Every now and then I would get the feeling I was being watched, but I would shrug the feeling off and go back to enjoying my day.

ItBegan.jpg The actual location of the encounter

Those days are no more; the wilderness has lost its wonder. It is no longer a place of peace and serenity. It all changed for me on a sunny June day in 2009 while fishing. I was casting a point of land that was part of a public recreation area. I made some silly sounding “whooping†calls why I do even know. I was just messing around imitating what I had watched in a YouTube video. Then the most amazing thing happen, something came tearing down through the woods. It was breaking limbs and crashing around in the thick underbrush. My jaw dropped and I was in shock as I stared at the shoreline. It stayed back in the shadows and I could only catch glimpses of sunlight on it from time to time. It acted like it was looking for something. It would go up the bank to the right and then the left. While all this was going on I was fumbling with the trolling motor trying to put some distance between it and me. After a couple minutes I heard a very clear “humph†three or four times. Then I heard it walk back into the woods slowly until it was out of range. It took me several minutes to compose myself as I sat down in the bottom of my fishing boat.

This event would change everything. I had to find out what had made this noise. Even though I had a sighting when I was a child, this event was the catalyst; this event started me on this journey, this “quest for the truthâ€.

InTheLaurel.jpgOver the past three years I have seen and experienced things that are unbelievable. The average person has no idea what is going on in the wilderness. I can no longer go into the woods in a state of “ignorant bliss†and just enjoy it. I know what is out there, I know what is watching and lurking in the shadows.

I do still enjoy being out but it is different now. It is hard to explain to those who have never experienced it, but the Bigfoot “know that you know†and this changes everything. I have a difficult time deer hunting because of interference from the Bigfoot. I go on family outings in the National Park with relatives that have no clue about Bigfoot or that I research and we will hear “strange sounds†or encounter “odd smellsâ€.

I can not explain this but some people are what I called “marked†by the Bigfoot. No matter where you go, if there are Bigfoot in the area they will find you and make themselves known to you. On average it takes a couple days in an area for the “locals†to find you. Then all the “odd†stuff begins to happen.

BC-Dogman-LargeEars.jpgMy “loss of innocence†is compounded when you throw in the other crytpids that have shown up. I had only heard rumors about the “Dogman†until I captured it on video and then later made direct eye contact with one. I was not looking for them and definitely did not want to see one. It is a shock to the system when you begin to realize what you have been taught all your life is wrong and that your “reality†is not the truth. You have heard the old saying, “be careful what you wish for, you just might get itâ€. Well I found out how true this statement is. To be honest I am still adjusting to this “new realityâ€. Gone are the days when the woods were a place of solitude, peace, and wonder. It is now a place where the “Monsters†live and they do not respect your “realityâ€.

I get several request from people all the time “where can I go to see a Bigfootâ€, “what can I do to have an encounterâ€, and “I want to know the truth about themâ€. My first piece of advise would be are you sure that is what you really want? The “truth†is a very sharp double-edged sword and is no respecter of persons or your belief system.

I have been bursting many bubbles lately when I talk to people. My advice now comes with stern warnings about being cautious, going armed, never going in the woods alone, do not take your children with you, if you’re a woman be extra careful. I can hear the disbelief in the voices of those hearing this for the first time. Those who think like I once did; the “benevolent keeper of the forest†is not always so benevolent and he is not the only cryptid out there.

May-2011-CreepyFace1.jpgSo this is my advice or better my warning to those who want to “research Bigfoot†or “find the truthâ€, find another hobby, this is not what you think it is. If you still insist then be ready for a shock to your belief system, be ready to throw out everything you think you know. When you think it can’t get any “weirder†it will and there are very few people who you can tell or talk about this with. You will be called a crackpot, crazy, insane, out of touch with reality, idiot, and these are just the ones I can repeat. You will experience things you can not record on film or produce “evidence†of, you will be frustrated constantly by camera malfunctions, blobsquatches, and noises you plainly heard but your equipment did not pick up.

There are also the unintended consequences of research, home visitations. Yes in many cases they will follow you home, do not ask how or why I just know they do. Then your friends and family will really thing you are a lunatic.

Missing411.jpgFinally I have one more warning to give you, with knowing the truth comes responsibility. What do you tell the woman that calls you who is all excited about researching Bigfoot and loves to go out into the woods all by herself? When you see that a child has gone missing in a wildness area you will wonder. When phone calls come from scared people who have a Bigfoot habitation around their home what do you tell them? When you talk to a person that has just had an encounter and they called you because you’re the “local researcher†what do you tell them? What are you going to say to calm their nerves? How are you going to reassure them that it is ok, they are not crazy, what they saw is real.

Some who research seek anonymity to avoid the above but it will be difficult if you choose to go this route, you will be faced with choices to speak out or be silent and there are consequences to both decisions.

So in closing my final word to you is take up golf or fishing it is safer and less stressful, but if you insist on perusing "Bigfoot Research" be prepared for your “loss of innocenceâ€.

^^^^^Read that, and:

Diff'rent strokes.

I keep my eyes peeled, and my mind on the evidence. Many of the reactions to sightings are what I expect mine will be.

I might be wrong. And variety is the spice of life.

This guy's opinion is just his opinion, of course. As are all the above. .... no need to be snarky in the response or defensive, as the case may be. I wonder, is it more dangerous than we usually think?? sobering thought.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest BastetsCat

I feel like a magnet...I hate it. I don't ever want to see another one as long as I live.Yes they can and do follow you home!!!! I have to agree with that. Very disconcerting to realize that they know where you live. Makes you feel small and defensless.

My theories often change... but none of them are main stream enough to share even on this board. Then there is the thought lines that I have entertained...most of which are too out there to share on this board as well.

From my perspective people begin to think you are just paranoid, which I am not. I have decent mental acuity and the ability to think rationally. But when you turn out every light in your house and you can see them standing outside of a window that is more than six feet off of the ground...I mean head and shoulders part of the torso....illumonated by the street lights....seperated by glass and knowing that you saw one that morning forty miles away....it grabs you in a way that makes you think that a skyscraper in the city would be wonderful...or an arsenal of guns and a horde of ammunition would be the only thing to make you feel safe.

For the most part my followed me home experiences have been limited to seeing a set of eyes looking through a crack in the side of the curtains, or hearing chirps and whistles when I went outside to smoke. But there was the one time that I saw what I mentioned above. Most of the followed from locations were within twenty miles or less; especially as the crow flies. But to pinpoint my house?????? it really creeps a person out to say the least.

I have entertained the shapeshifter idea...it was a friend or neighbor that recognized me...that does not fly with reality and I laughed about it. Though the native american friend that said it was DEADLY serious about the idea. So I followed their advice to placate them; burn sage and cedar....It makes them go away....maybe it worked. It made them stop beating on my house in the middle of the night when I lived in the middle of no where five miles from the nearest phone. That was where I lived before I moved back to town two years ago. I lived there two years, 24 miles from Wolcott north. In south routte county at the base of king mountain.

Did you know BF can immitate a Coyote? They can. Did you know that they run like hell if you point a .270 at them? They do. Only wanted to see it better and the gun had a great scope on it.

I used to tell the wind, meaning the feeling I was being watched, that I had silver bullets dipped in white ash. The Native american friend of mine believed that I have skin walkers after me, not bigfoots....she also had me see a medicine man. He said some are BF and some are some other thing....though he said the name could not be said....LOL talk about living life in a bad B rated movie....At any rate I burned a lot of cedar which is in its own way a protector of the native people....and they stopped coming into my yard (three acres of yard). I prayed a lot....I found a lot of tracks...nothing that could be casted though. Had lots of oh hey look at that standing on the ridge over there sightings with my son.

Decided finally that I have a great many spiritual beliefs that include BF...and I know from the tone on the board that most of those would not fly here.

For the most part. If someone sees something in the woods and it is tall, upright walking/ bipedal, and hairy; it has to be a Bigfoot...Not really. Though we have no way to catagorize the different things that are in my opinion out there. It would require a leap for some, a leap of faith for others, and a unfathomable jump for still others. I have read enough to know that there are a few people here that likely have similar views as myself....I shudder to think what they had to go through to get there though.

So until I pay for a membership and can get into deeper detail about what the spiritual beliefs are... private message me if you think you can deal with my out there views. I stay out of the box because the box does not apply. Be patient with me, I have lots on my plate. Might answer right away, might take me a bit to get back to you.

No disrespect intended to the op, but I find this article no more thought provoking then similar type UFO, ghost or demon stories.

We have all read or heard dozens if not hundreds of stories about "don't investigate like I did as you may be sorry"

Speaking only for myself here, for this type of story to be thought provoking it would need to go more in-depth of his encounters.

At the end of the day the simple fact is that going into the woods involves risks. A situation may arise that may kill or injure you, this is just part of life

If you wish to go into the woods you must accept these risks and plan for them as best as you can

Now I have an open question to any member on here that believes in a paranormal type sasquatch (please pm me your answer as I don't want to side track this thread)

I have a friend of almost 40 years, he claims to be psychic, his family has had a "family poltergeist" since well before I met them.

Growing up I spent many night there and many days, even though they claimed activity before my arrival or after I left I never saw any evidence of paranormal activity.

My friend claims I am a dampener (powerful psychic that is too scared to believe so they unconsciously use their powers to prevent activity around them)

I say he is full of it

My question is this

Do you believe the same type of dampening can happen to a paranormal sasquatch?

Again please pm me as I don't want to sidetrack this thread

Edited by MagniAesir