Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I don't have much belief in this kind of thing, crypto animals most never are real, I just came in to have some fun and post a gag or two, now if you don't mind excusing me, I just heard about a new picture over on the Loch Ness forum that has some potential.

Tim ~ :prankster:

Now I dont buy the Loch Ness Monster. That type of dinosaur would breed and also need to come up for air regularly and so therefore groups of them would regularly be spotted (Well thats what i once heard David Attenborough say once and I believe him) !

It has been said several times already, Minnow Films are probably doing a movie about nuts in the Bigfoot world. Rick Dyer being the biggest nut is the star. Everything he does or says only increases the nut factor and makes for a better movie. I would bet he is ramping up his efforts to provide more or better content for the film . The film may make many in the Bigfoot community look bad. My guess is the movie will try and explain what many here are asking. What kind of person hoaxes? Why? What lengths will they go to in order to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

No body, no way. It defies any and all logic.

It has been said several times already, Minnow Films are probably doing a movie about nuts in the Bigfoot world. Rick Dyer being the biggest nut is the star. Everything he does or says only increases the nut factor and makes for a better movie. I would bet he is ramping up his efforts to provide more or better content for the film . The film may make many in the Bigfoot community look bad. My guess is the movie will try and explain what many here are asking. What kind of person hoaxes? Why? What lengths will they go to in order to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

Minnow are making a film about people who believe and try to find monsters. Its you who is saying its about nuts in the bigfoot world?

ALL LOGIC? Not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9JeZ-YwJk

It's not Bigfoot that defies logic, just Dyer killing one and keeping it hidden.

Surely if Minnow was doing study of serious people looking for Monsters they could find someone better than him.

It's not Bigfoot that defies logic, just Dyer killing one and keeping it hidden.

Surely if Minnow was doing study of serious people looking for Monsters they could find someone better than him.

The film isnt all about Rick Dyer but many people in different parts of the world. I think they probably chose Dyer for part of the bigfoot story as he's quite a colourful character but also that he has been searching in several different countries for bigfoot/Yeti/Yeren. I really dont think they are going to produce a movie all about hoaxes as that would just be cheap and they make thought provoking movies that make you think. A movie centred around just having a damned good laugh at bigfooters would not be their style.

^^^ I agree with everything you said. But why would Minnow choose such a horrible example as RD? Aside from his BF notoriety, he sounds like quite an unsavory character. He has arrest records, I believe, for aggravated assault on a pregnant person for God's sake. Why choose him? Why not one of the many more respectable researchers? Unless they want to paint men who chase monsters as something outside the realm of normality or respectability.

And maybe they have chosen more savory BF chasers. But wouldn't we probably have heard by now?

The film isnt all about Rick Dyer but many people in different parts of the world. I think they probably chose Dyer for part of the bigfoot story as he's quite a colourful character but also that he has been searching in several different countries for bigfoot/Yeti/Yeren. I really dont think they are going to produce a movie all about hoaxes as that would just be cheap and they make thought provoking movies that make you think. A movie centred around just having a damned good laugh at bigfooters would not be their style.

That is probably true, I just don't know why they would use Dyer unless they are going to juxtapose him with other types of searchers.

^^^ I agree with everything you said. But why would Minnow choose such a horrible example as RD? Aside from his BF notoriety, he sounds like quite an unsavory character. He has arrest records, I believe, for aggravated assault on a pregnant person for God's sake. Why choose him? Why not one of the many more respectable researchers? Unless they want to paint men who chase monsters as something outside the realm of normality or respectability.

And maybe they have chosen more savory BF chasers. But wouldn't we probably have heard by now?

I think he was cleared on all those claims a couple of weeks ago. Yeah I reacon he was chosen for many reasons and maybe his character is to juxtapose against the others who knows? I think the aspect to this story that nirks people the most, is that its the thought that it may be Rick Dyer who has produced the first Bigfoot body (apparantly). Its like a horrible dream to the bigfoot world. I remember hearing him saying on his radio show 'i'm just sorry that its not one of the good guys who did this'. I am new to the bigfoot community and never heard of Rick Dyer until a month or so ago so I havent had the negative history interferring with my view on this story - and I expect Minnow Films have ignored Rick Dyers past too and viewed it as irrelevant.

People do change sometimes :)

Edited by JackiLB

Jaqui

My guess, and mind you, it's a pure guess, is that Minnow is creating a documentary about the type of people that are involved in the world of cryptic discovery. As you have already mentioned, they may have chosen "colorful" characters from the different cultures of cryptic investigators.

Perhaps there's a part of the film that deals with the enthusiasm of people that are interested in Bigfoot? Let's face it, it's a very odd phenomenon. We're all people that come from different walks of life, have different backgrounds and interests. Our common bond is Bigfoot and we're all, skeptics included, ready to believe the next big claim.....not because it makes sense but rather because we WANT to believe.

Common sense dictates that Rick Dyer does not have a Bigfoot body. There are countless reasons and I'm not going to list them all, as many have already been covered in this thread. Regardless, of common sense, many of us have found reasons why this MAY be true. Even though the cons, by far, outweigh the pros, we are still open to the possibility of this being real. This is what drives the Bigfoot world; the possibility of Bigfoot being real and, at the same time, it's what makes us vulnerable to hoaxers.

I think Minnow is incorporating this "quirk" of the Bigfoot culture into its film. This desire, we all have, to believe in a creature that by all rational evidence, does not exist.

Anyhow, RD has our attention and we'll wait and see. I'd rather be waiting on something that could be true, than nothing at all. I hate it when there's nothing going on in the Bigfoot world and all we have are boring threads like, "what color are Bigfoot's toe nails" or "Does Bigfoot eat roots?" I'm much more enthusiastic when there's a body on ice or a new video that's a thousand times better than the P&G. It does not make me stupid or gullible as I know perfectly well that these things are very remote. I just prefer to have a little hope than none at all. At the same time, I don't get get my hopes up very much and nor do I just blindly follow every new development. I call them as I see them and hope that I'm proven wrong, or right, as the case may be.

• Upvote 1

Jaqui

My guess, and mind you, it's a pure guess, is that Minnow is creating a documentary about the type of people that are involved in the world of cryptic discovery. As you have already mentioned, they may have chosen "colorful" characters from the different cultures of cryptic investigators.

Perhaps there's a part of the film that deals with the enthusiasm of people that are interested in Bigfoot? Let's face it, it's a very odd phenomenon. We're all people that come from different walks of life, have different backgrounds and interests. Our common bond is Bigfoot and we're all, skeptics included, ready to believe the next big claim.....not because it makes sense but rather because we WANT to believe.

Common sense dictates that Rick Dyer does not have a Bigfoot body. There are countless reasons and I'm not going to list them all, as many have already been covered in this thread. Regardless, of common sense, many of us have found reasons why this MAY be true. Even though the cons, by far, outweigh the pros, we are still open to the possibility of this being real. This is what drives the Bigfoot world; the possibility of Bigfoot being real and, at the same time, it's what makes us vulnerable to hoaxers.

I think Minnow is incorporating this "quirk" of the Bigfoot culture into its film. This desire, we all have, to believe in a creature that by all rational evidence, does not exist.

Anyhow, RD has our attention and we'll wait and see. I'd rather be waiting on something that could be true, than nothing at all. I hate it when there's nothing going on in the Bigfoot world and all we have are boring threads like, "what color are Bigfoot's toe nails" or "Does Bigfoot eat roots?" I'm much more enthusiastic when there's a body on ice or a new video that's a thousand times better than the P&G. It does not make me stupid or gullible as I know perfectly well that these things are very remote. I just prefer to have a little hope than none at all. At the same time, I don't get get my hopes up very much and nor do I just blindly follow every new development. I call them as I see them and hope that I'm proven wrong, or right, as the case may be.

Ah Cisco - you think I am a naive fool? Well I am actually so you're right ha! But despite the fact that I am a silly newbie, you'd think I would have followed Daisy or Ketchum or Team Whatsit etc etc...as a newcomer but no. None of those stories have got my attention like this one. Its a combination of a video that looks extremely convincing, an intelligent British Film company and a mad bloke who I really cant believe would want to deal with the consecquences of hoaxing yet again. Oh yes, then there's the 911 call.

oh dear...Iam not gonna budge on this one easily :(

Yes your right though, discussing toenails and eating habits are a bit dull and I like the thrill of controversial characters. Also, its really really good fun to have debates.

Jaqui

+1Well said. Edited by dmaker

Ah Cisco - you think I am a naive fool? Well I am actually so you're right ha! But despite the fact that I am a silly newbie, you'd think I would have followed Daisy or Ketchum or Team Whatsit etc etc...as a newcomer but no. None of those stories have got my attention like this one. Its a combination of a video that looks extremely convincing, an intelligent British Film company and a mad bloke who I really cant believe would want to deal with the consecquences of hoaxing yet again. Oh yes, then there's the 911 call.

oh dear...Iam not gonna budge on this one easily :(

Yes your right though, discussing toenails and eating habits are a bit dull and I like the thrill of controversial characters. Also, its really really good fun to have debates.

Jaqui

I don't think you're a fool at all. After all, that would be hypocritical of me as I'm participating in the same thread you are. I want this to be real as much as you do. I just don't have very high hopes because of the people involved and the circumstances. In fact, the reasons I'm interested are the same as the reasons you just mentioned. Well, and also, because the Quantra thing didn't pan out and this is the next thing in line. I guess one could argue that Ketchum would be the next in line but we all know how that's been going and I expect that it will only get worse.

The important thing is that we all know and realize this is a very unlikely scenario. It's not impossible but, if Vegas was taking odds, I'd say the odds are 1000 to 1. Still, a little bit is better than nothing; don't you think?

I can promise you that if this is true, I'll be the first one popping the cork of the champagne bottle and toasting RD. Well, maybe that's not true, as I don't drink, but I can still toast the man!

Either way, if it's not true; won't it be fun to find out how he intends to wiggle out of this whole deal and still retain some semblance of dignity? Of course, it's likely that he may not give a sh*% about his dignity. Otherwise, how can one explain his behavior?

I'm in this thing for the fun and the thrills. As far as I'm concerned, RD can just keep dishing out more and more info. It makes it that much more entertaining. Sadly, like the Quantra debacle, this whole thing will soon come to an end. I just hope somebody steps up with the next big reveal.

We still have Melba and kudos to her for stringing this one out for as long as possible. It must be a new record...

Guest RedRatSnake

Jaqui

We're all people that come from different walks of life, have different backgrounds and interests. Our common bond is Bigfoot and we're all, skeptics included, ready to believe the next big claim.....not because it makes sense but rather because we WANT to believe.

I also think you put up a good post, but if I may point out something that I find useful in all this BF stuff, I am a non believer, I don't hold out hope for any of it, don't get me wrong I am here like you guys because I am a footer also, we all are footers here, I just gave up after time, I like the subject, but it's all Myth to me until it happens.

And don't any of you wise guys bring up giant squids and coelacanths as an argument, soon as a BF washes up on a beach I'll jump in the parade with ya's ~

Tim ~ :mosking: