The Kill Club

norseman

BFF Patron

Either way there is a risk anytime you are aggressive towards a BF.      The BF might consider itself lucky to have only been hit by something that did not do much damage and walk away.    Or it could turn on you and kill you.     I have read several accounts of shooting at BF with little or no effect other that roars of disapproval before they walk away.   So it is not a given you will be killed.     Someone that darts might be lucky.   Some here would argue that just being in the field you risk being killed.   It is a matter of risk vs reward assessment.

The whale gun I mentioned was not compressed air. It seemed to have a bolt that held a blank that propelled the dart out of a barrel that looked to be about the size of a 410 Shotgun. Probably has a pretty good range, certainly better than an air gun would. Anyone looking at darting might look into that because of the improved range. Here is a link that shows the exact gun I saw in the museum. Looks like something a gunsmith could make for you.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO81Tv6aJU_EcAbkhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExOWpkbnBwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1VJQzFfMQ--/RV=2/RE=1419991663/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fvimeo.com%2f68653449/RK=0/RS=SbhQIvyQB5P.nTcUOpnuo0fLfTA-

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

Well at least BF has hands.    It would likely reach down and pull it out before walking off or sticking it in your forehead.  

Yikes,  she was pointing it at the reporter with it loaded!

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

They were using a DNA collecting gun on that Bigfoot hunt show that Stacy Brown won a 100k on. I don't recall the exact mechanics of it, whether it used compressed gas or not, but the dart was designed to penetrate, collect a sample and then fall out. The subject was discussed last spring on the Forums here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/47133-dna-dart-gun-with-thermal-video-vrs-lethal-firearm/

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of killing without a good reason. That being said I am starting to lean more to the pro kill camp to be honest. Take all the pictures and film you want. Write descriptions until the cow jumps over the moon. Cast every track from here to the end of the rainbow. People will say fake, they'll scream it from the roof tops. Kill one and march the body through town right to the Department of Wildlife door and people are going to take note. If these things are truly real then people need to know. Kill one get your proof, safer then tranquilizing one and having it wake up or die from OD. 

• Upvote 1

Hallelujah. One and done, stick a fork in it, and begin making conservation plans to help the species out.

Hey no one believed Moose were in New Newfoundland until a guy shot one, he thought he shot the devil. Those moose were put there, 

BFF Patron

Hallelujah. One and done, stick a fork in it, and begin making conservation plans to help the species out.

I tried to send you a PM but the forum would not accept it.

• 1 month later...

Or, begin raising bail money and looking for an attorney?

At least (under the heading; "to thine own self, be true") admit that you are engaging in an effort to kill something, of which you have no factual knowledge as to what it actually is and are doing so primarily for the egomaniacal satisfaction of "being the one".

^^^^^

And neither do you, you have no clue as to what it is.

And as I've said over and over? I don't care if I'am the one. Otherwise I wouldn't have started a forum for people to share stories, compare notes and talk strategies.

Your thinly veiled attack is not fooling anyone.

I'd wager that my understanding of these UHS entities is above yours and like you, I too was in the "shoot first, ask questions later" camp during my initial entry into this arena. Some of us graduate into a higher understanding while others are doomed to repeat the same level, over and over and over. 

You guys have attempted to demonize them by virtue of the very name of your group. That brings up the image of angry villagers with torches and pitchforks or those who would burn people at the stake because of a false belief. Not exactly a picture of objective reasoning and cause-and-effect engineering thought process being painted.

Edited by Yuchi1

On the contrary.....,,I've asked questions all my life. And all I've ever gotten is really cool stories without a shred of evidence.

So that is why I've started this project. As for the name? It's the oldest story in the English language and fitting of our struggle to provide a body to science and take the creature from

Myth to reality.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic