The Kill Club

norseman

Guest OntarioSquatch

When someone finds a body, the first place they will call is either fish and game or 911. There's actually a dozen or so stories where a body is found and the government covers it up as soon as it hears about. If Sasquatch are real, it's not possible for them to not know about it. They likely have some sort of protocol in place for this. 

Call the media and a university first and dont hand it all over at once.

BFF Patron

How bout this part of the Federal government? Do you think Sasquatch falls under their purview? ( i know the answer to this one!)

http://www.fws.gov

If you know that, then you must know that BF is an indigenous ape. The rest of us are still arguing about that.

In all seriousness. Do you think 12 gauge 3 inch (mag) 000 buck would put a Sasquatch down or just make it really mad. I am talking if you hit it square on in the chest. 

Point blank? or how far away?

I will say this its not a recommended practice for dangerous game. You want very large very hard projectiles that break things and stop charges.

Soft lead buck shot is not in that category.

I was thinking steel shot (as that is what I got sitting in my gun locker).  It would be a follow up shot after a hard slug. Not a soft lead one but a jacketed one. Though for range I'd say medium range in timber. It coming towards you. 

I would prefer a big bore rifle over a shotgun but a shotgun is way better than a 223;)

I ask as a 12 gauge is seen as enough to stop a large brown bear. Never use a .223 for anything. Smallest caliber I got is .30-30, followed by .303 British 180gr.

I was thinking steel shot (as that is what I got sitting in my gun locker). It would be a follow up shot after a hard slug. Not a soft lead one but a jacketed one. Though for range I'd say medium range in timber. It coming towards you.

Imho steel shot is a bad idea on anything other than birds

I personally don't buy into the old slug alternating with buckshot either

I wouldn't use a shotgun on dangerous game except at point blank range, and then it would be a harder slug such as a Brenneke sabot.

rifled foster type slugs are too soft and unreliable

if I lived in the USA I would use a Dixie slug, as I have heard good things about them

With properly constructed bullets loaded correctly (Norma used to make them) your 303 British is comparable to a 300 savage/308 winchester

Edited by MagniAesir

.303 is used commonly for moose and black bear where I live. For moose it is used more then the .308

The "problem" for want of a better word for the 303 British is that many traditional loads for it are not loaded to its potential

The old Norma loadings where very good in my opinion

Like many 50 year old Canadians my first hunting rifle was a Lee Enfield

With the exception of the big bears I wouldn't feel under gunned hunting anything in North America with one

As you are aware here in Canada the 303 British has probably taken more game than any other rifle with the possible exception of the 30/30

I think that the 303 British is underrated, by people that have never used it, or by people that used FMJ bullets to hunt with

I used to use the old Imperial bullets back in the day, and I never lost an animal. I honestly don't remember ever having to use a second shot

Oh I agree that the .303 is under rated. It is passed off as too old yet it has a considerable amount to power. I know it has been used for confrontations with polar bears and brown bears. It is used commonly in Africa for hunting. The 180 gr I have been told (both grandfathers) are more than enough for moose. Though I like it as a deer round.

Edited by Woodslore

In terms of muzzle energy the 303 sits inbetween the 300 savage and the 308 winchester 

It's. 311 diameter bullet is similar in sectional density to a. 308 bullet of the same weight 

In other words what a 308 winchester can do a 303 british can do

I was given a 30/30 in my teens. But the 303 was the first rifle I bought for myself. Good shooting gun. Never lacked for power with good loads. Sometimes I wish I still had it, but I traded it for the handgun I carry with me whenever I'm out and about now.

Also have a 300 Savage now. As you say, all pretty much comparable to the .308.

Edited by BigTreeWalker

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic