The Kill Club

norseman

Guest Rick1013

I had forgotten about the Bauman story... though there have been literally thousands of encounters since then (the 1850s?) where Sasquatch and humans have seen each other with no violence coming from the Sasquatch.

I don't think there is a handgun I would be comfortable firing that could bring down a 600 pound creature. I'll stick with a high-powered rifle, Norse. Thanks anyway!

I had forgotten about the Bauman story... though there have been literally thousands of encounters since then (the 1850s?) where Sasquatch and humans have seen each other with no violence coming from the Sasquatch.

I don't think there is a handgun I would be comfortable firing that could bring down a 600 pound creature. I'll stick with a high-powered rifle, Norse. Thanks anyway!

I bought both of the 411 books. And they raise some serious questions about violence in a Squatch encounter. Hunters who have clothes peeled off like a banana then eaten. Official report is a bear attack. People vanishing almost in plain sight never to be seen again. Small children found nude and dead from exposure miles and miles and over mountain ranges away from where they went missing DEEPER into the forest.

I'm not at all sure that we are dealing with something that will take violent action against a human if the human is alone and vulnerable. Here again the Bauman story.........the hitch in their step is when they chose to seperate. No, I think there is more to it.

Back to hand cannons........yes, they are not comfortable to shoot. It's a trade off for sure.

Nothing ridiculous about it.......... :spiteful:

You could clear forests with that thing. I like the Saiga 12 too.....

Guest Rick1013

I have heard a bit about the 411 books, but have not read them myself. From what I have heard from a friend, they seem kind of 'conspiracy theory"-oriented... but you would know much better than me.

Does the author think that the disappearances are Sasquatch-related? What is YOUR conclusion after reading the books? Are these killings/abductions caused by humans, animals, "aliens", or what?

Since I like to spend time camping in National Parks with my kids, I have been a bit hesitant to do any more research into these disappearances. True or not, I don't necessarily want information that feeds fear or paranoia. Head in the sand, I guess...

I have heard a bit about the 411 books, but have not read them myself. From what I have heard from a friend, they seem kind of 'conspiracy theory"-oriented... but you would know much better than me.

Does the author think that the disappearances are Sasquatch-related? What is YOUR conclusion after reading the books? Are these killings/abductions caused by humans, animals, "aliens", or what?

Since I like to spend time camping in National Parks with my kids, I have been a bit hesitant to do any more research into these disappearances. True or not, I don't necessarily want information that feeds fear or paranoia. Head in the sand, I guess...

The 411 books are simply a compilation of factual disappearances that cannot be attributed to any known topo danger........such as drowning, falling or avalanche.

The author will not under any circumstances give his opinion on the cause. Only one time does Bigfoot come up in any of the cases because that is what the witnesses saw. They did take a aggregate of facts from all of the cases and compile a list of possible risks..........such as:

1) Your more apt to disappear if your alone or separated from the group.

2) Your more apt to disappear if your wearing bright clothing.

3) Your more apt to disappear in the late afternoon or just before a storm.

So forth and so on........

My advice to you is that knowledge is power. Buy the books, read them and be aware and take precautions.

Norse,  is there a link or somesuch to your project grendel forum?

dav

www.projectgrendel.com

The 411 books are simply a compilation of factual disappearances that cannot be attributed to any known topo danger........such as drowning, falling or avalanche.

But most of them can be reasonably explained based on what we know of human behaviour.

But most of them can be reasonably explained based on what we know of human behaviour.

How?

And what about a two year old child that defies mountain ranges and is found on the other side? The idea that they themselves got themselves there is ridiculous.

I don't get your question.  How?  How what?  How can they be explained?  Is that what you're asking?

You might check out NASAR, check out their bookstore, or other books on the psychology of being lost, especially in adverse conditions.  What most of us think we'd do when lost is the opposite of what most do.  When you find someone (lost someone) it then makes you wonder what they were thinking.

I don't get your question.  How?  How what?  How can they be explained?  Is that what you're asking?

You might check out NASAR, check out their bookstore, or other books on the psychology of being lost, especially in adverse conditions.  What most of us think we'd do when lost is the opposite of what most do.  When you find someone (lost someone) it then makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Have you read the 411 books? I think you have a lot more explaining to do than a lost hiker making a bad decision in a stressful situation.

How does someone disappear FOREVER while hiking 40 feet behind the main body on a trail? No screams, sound, no cliffs or swift rivers........just gone.

How does a dead child show up on a trail in plain sight and the trail was searched multiple times by search and rescue previously?

How does a missing toddler get to be seen by a couple of hikers on a cliff way above their heads, which was the last known sighting of the child. Do toddlers climb cliffs? 

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic