Hoaxes, Hoaxers, Frauds, And Con-Men In The Bigfoot Community

Guest RayG

Matt

I posted that he used ideas from the book I had mentioned and other books and information he found on the net. He did NOT think of anything new or creative, he borrowed the info from other people.

Have you read all of his posts on the MABRC, or listened through the four podcast interviews that exist online? There is a lot of original stuff there. He's obviously a very creative individual.

Indeed, it's incredibly bizarre to have invented such a complex story. It serves as a reminder that people can weave very complex tales.

I had a discussion with a fellow researcher about a different set of claims a few years ago. His position was that "no one could make up such a detailed story unless it really happened!" I had to remind him that people can, and do, fabricate complex tales.

I'm pretty sure Jurassic Park never really happened. At least, I hope not. ;)

Ed Smith was exceedingly clever, I will grant him that. However, in order to perpetuate a story like this, for as long as he did, it required the cooperation of other people....

By the way; has anybody heard back from Driveroperator or Darkwing?

I really curious to hear about their relationship with the enigmatic Mr. Smith.

After all, and I quote from DO, "Ed Smith is one of my best friends," I would think they would want to explain how all of this happened.

Ed Smith was not only allowed to make his claims but was also protected and defended by his friends on another forum. According to his friends, they met with him and saw compelling evidence, info and other things that made them believe all of this was real.

Why the radio silence?

Ed got his ideas from the book I mentioned, in another thread.

Hey Cisco, can you repost the book name? I searched your recent posts but couldn't find it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Guest RedRatSnake

Seriously, you even have to ask?

I have only been back for two days after a year off, and already I am called a believer, I tell ya the nerve of some people, Hey! is what Ed said against the rules, I feel violated. :sarcastic:

Indeed, it's incredibly bizarre to have invented such a complex story. It serves as a reminder that people can weave very complex tales.

I had a discussion with a fellow researcher about a different set of claims a few years ago. His position was that "no one could make up such a detailed story unless it really happened!" I had to remind him that people can, and do, fabricate complex tales.

I'm pretty sure Jurassic Park never really happened. At least, I hope not. ;)

<COUGH> Sierra Kills<COUGH>bear meat<COUGH> <COUGH>

Edited by notgiganto

Ed Smith was exceedingly clever, I will grant him that. However, in order to perpetuate a story like this, for as long as he did, it required the cooperation of other people....

By the way; has anybody heard back from Driveroperator or Darkwing?

Why the radio silence?

good question.

Edited by slicktrick

Is there any place I can read the unedited comments from ed smith, I don't know what he specifically said but what is currently posted after editing doesn't offer much of any explanation.

GoLd

It seems to me a pretty tall tale is being woven now. In my mind, not that they exist, but what they are. It seems an avalanche of support that they are human or near human without any data to support this. I am loath to use the "H" word, but how long, without evidence can we go before it is appropriate.

Is there any place I can read the unedited comments from ed smith, I don't know what he specifically said but what is currently posted after editing doesn't offer much of any explanation.

GoLd

Very little was edited. Just a smart-eleck remark he made about folks who believe in BF.

WHEW! I'm glad I resigned from that group when it started to smell like road kill, lol.

Proud to say no longer a member of the MABRC.