Hoaxes, Hoaxers, Frauds, And Con-Men In The Bigfoot Community

Guest RayG

This Ed Smith if that is his/her real name, got a case of the jollies pulling this off. Such a bland future lies ahead for such an average person. I saw somewhere that folks in Kentucky were trying to get a live capture Bigfoot sometime back. The idea isn't that new or exclusive.

What a stand up guy. Hoax an organization and a whole community for 5 years and then when busted go to the people you hoaxed the least and try to look like you were just messing with the other people and whatever harm you did was just to hurt them. You brag about what you did to them and then put down most of the people here for believing in bigfoot.

I mean really, you are a top notch human being and you should really be proud of yourself. I bet you have tons of friends who are proud of you.

Everyone reading about this whole thing knew the person responsible was either a smart and interesting person or a very lonely messed up person. I guess that got answered.

I guess now you will start hanging out with Rick Freakin Dyer or will he even have you?

I just don't buy the idea that the other forum was hoaxed for five years. Nobody would have put up with Ed for that long and NOT known something fishy was going on. That other forum is founded on the "premise" that they are all about research. That is what they claim is there common bond and foundation.

How is it possible that they never looked into Ed Smith's life, after his extraordinary claims?

There's only two answers. The first is that they knew were in on it or the second answer is they never "researched" his claims or who he really was.

I still want to know what the evidence was that he showed to DO and DW. They were the ones that mentioned it and have not posted any explanation since the truth came out.

Why not?

BFF Patron

Maybe because Branco is a triple agent?

Hey Ray G... when are you going to add Ed Smith to your list of Hoaxers , Frauds , and Con Men.. or would you rather just defend him?

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
3A

Wow, Melissa Hovey nailed it when she explained why she never believes anyone till she sees the evidence. It really makes you question your beliefs when you realize that people will go to such great lengths to perpetuate their lies. I feed like an idiot. i have been taught a lesson, and it was fairly painless. Imagine the people who invest money with the Bernie Madoffs of this world and learn the same lesson the hard way.

Hey Ray G... when are you going to add Ed Smith to your list of Hoaxers , Frauds , and Con Men.. or would you rather just defend him?

I have to say I think that is very unfair to Ray. All Ray did was remove one short sentence that called into question the mental stability of those who believe bf exists.

That was way out of line and a violation of forum rules. Ray was just doing his job.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Edit of quoted content

Guest RedRatSnake

I think Ray did the right thing, he left the post for all to see but removed the harsh comment that was offending, it keeps the thread going and saves the posts that follow Eds comment, I say Kudos for a job well done.

Tim

Edited by RedRatSnake
Edit of quoted content

Don't hold back...lol

Anyhow, I agree with you about Ed Smith.

The edit was just because the rules were broken. No big deal and they're applied equally.

Good point about Ray's list. Why is Ed not on there?

imonacan, weren't you the one telling us in the "Oh dear, another body" thread where this all played out to calm down and it didn't matter to you if it were true or not, something about it wouldn't affect what you have for breakfast?

Well, calm down brother. Ed Smith and possible some others have not gotten away scot free from this. And there are some still hot on the trail to find out just what led to all this and who is responsible. As you said yourself, it will take time. And I'd say some are already damaged beyond repair from this and will forever be on the list with Rick Dyer.

As for Ray, he just did what he is assigned to do. I am a mod at a forum and also an administrator at two (all non-bigfoot), so I have some sympathy for Ray and all the mods. I know it is a thankless job and sometimes you have to make tough calls. What Ray removed would have just riled a bunch of folks and probably got the thread locked.

I'm not crazy about Ray's list either, but it seems he has abandoned it, and if you notice Cisco has a thread where he is trying to start a list that I'm sure would be more in agreement with you.

And I don't mean to talk down to you or preach and sorry if it seems that way, I'm just saying I think you should direct your anger towards those responsible for the hoax, and not Ray or anyone else.

Guest RedRatSnake

Just to let ya know, Skeptic's are not all that fond of hoaxers, neither are full blown non believers, if there is truly a BF then the approach is science not hoaxing or lying, people that do such a thing are harming everyone involved, I also get the look if i mention BF to folks I know, they think it is a waist of time, I like the subject so I don't care, we all swim in the same water here.

Tim

Edited by RedRatSnake
To remove quote of deleted content