Hoaxes, Hoaxers, Frauds, And Con-Men In The Bigfoot Community

Guest RayG

I do not know why any of us are even giving Ed Smith the time of day? He deserves no such thing.

He is only coming on the BFF because the MABRC kicked him off and he has to go gloat somewhere.

We are only fueling his behavior and giving him an opportunity to bask in the aftermath of his hoax.

I do not know why any of us are even giving Ed Smith the time of day? He deserves no such thing.

He is only coming on the BFF because the MABRC kicked him off and he has to go gloat somewhere.

We are only fueling his behavior and giving him an opportunity to bask in the aftermath of his hoax.

While I agree with you, the worst thing we can do, at this point, is to stop this discussion.

There are a lot o people involved that would love it if this all went away and was forgotten.

Not going to happen.

BFF Patron

Priceless!

Oh I don't think discussing hoaxers should stop or even discussing ed smith. I just have no plans on addressing him personally and directly or giving him any of my spare change if you catch my drift.

Agree!

imonacan, weren't you the one telling us in the "Oh dear, another body" thread where this all played out to calm down and it didn't matter to you if it were true or not, something about it wouldn't affect what you have for breakfast?

Yes, i said that... and it did not effect my breakfast, or what I'm going to do (or not do) next in the field. Don't remember telling anyone to calm down, but just be patient and wait for the outcome. Well, the outcome is here on this thread. I'm not mad.. but no longer entertained. This forum is mainly just entertainment, but not really good entertainment. Like a cyber reality show, that does not discuss much reality. All the best !

Guest RedRatSnake

Nah, sorry.. we don't, really

I don't want to see you commit forum suicide, it is just a talk forum and nothing else, not a scientific body and will never have an impact on if the big guy is real or not, if BF jumped out of the forest tomorrow, I bet it would be taken into mainstream science and we would be in the dark even further than now, this forum has no weight on a species, it's just a talk forum ~ :)

Please keep in mind some people love causing so many problems on a message board that other people get riled up and say things to get them banned or penalized. No doubt that was the case on the other boards.

Is that an imposter Ed Smith, or a reak Ed Smith?

I'm not sure that Ed Smith exists lol, but the forum member Ed Smith joined this forum in August of 2010 and references that he can be found at the MABRC forums, so my assumption is that they are one in the same.

GoLd

******************* MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT ********************

This thread is NOT about the discussion of BFF members. References to violence against members, implied or otherwise, as well as any inappropriate language or comments will be removed or edited.

I suggest you all reacquaint yourselves with the BFF Rules & Guidelines and adhere to them.

If you wish to let loose, take it to the Tar Pit.

Thank you.

RayG

Back to the list, RayG are you going to include the MRP and members, or the farmer and family side of it. Also, Drew was outed during the whole shenanigans as well for dishonesty wasn't he, re the gorilla suit accusation?

On the Ed Smith vibe, has Longtabber PE made the list too..?

He did it for the same reason other hoaxers do these things. He wanted attention because he was lonely. The people at the MABRC gave him a sense of family and looked up to him.

Ed made up a "dream life" in which he was rich, smart and powerful. He was admired by many members of the MABRC and he basked in the warmth of their acceptance.

If that is the case then he would have no incentive to reveal the hoax/fantasy and every incentive to "keep on keeping on". Admitting to fakery and fantasy has destroyed his "dream life" as well as any acceptance and sense of family he may have previously attained. Perhaps the important question is not Why did he do it? but Why did he admit to it?

Admissions of fakery and/or fantasy within the Bigfoot research community are very rare. Do Bigfooters dislike hoaxers and fantasists or do they only dislike those who admit to fakery and fantasy?

And, if it is that easy to live the dream (talk the talk and walk the walk) in order to gain acceptance and a sense of family how many others are doing it?

How many "researchers" are in a similar position to the pre-admission Ed Smith?

How many others are engaging in Bigfoot fantasy?

How many researchers are vouching for their friends despite their fakery/fantasy?

If you became aware that your close friend (or family member) despite his/her apparent sincerity was actually a Bigfoot faker/fantasist would you "out" him/her?

Like it or not, there is a strong fantasy element to Bigfoot (isn't Finding Bigfoot a good example of that?) and this case has the potential to reveal much about the insides of the Bigfoot phenomenon...

• Upvote 1

Guest Luckyfoot

I just don't buy the idea that the other forum was hoaxed for five years. Nobody would have put up with Ed for that long and NOT known something fishy was going on. That other forum is founded on the "premise" that they are all about research. That is what they claim is there common bond and foundation.

How is it possible that they never looked into Ed Smith's life, after his extraordinary claims?

There's only two answers. The first is that they knew were in on it or the second answer is they never "researched" his claims or who he really was.

I still want to know what the evidence was that he showed to DO and DW. They were the ones that mentioned it and have not posted any explanation since the truth came out.

Why not?

I'm convinced that a person could develop their own bigfoot/sasquatch organization by studying mabrc closely. If you did the exact opposite of everything they do/did , You would have a successfull group.