Hoaxes, Hoaxers, Frauds, And Con-Men In The Bigfoot Community

Guest RayG

Guest RedRatSnake

I don't believe the rest of the MABRC is any more legit than Mr. Smith.

That is a given if you look back at the history on those guys. Tim

BFF Patron

You call that entertainment, so much for entertainment, sweet goodbyes.... guys.

Now this is entertainment.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest RedRatSnake

Bipedalist thinks Stevie is hot :) BP remember that tune I posted of Dale Krantz Rossington singing Don't Miss Understand Me with Skynyrd & Travis Tritt, Hubba Hubba

Tim

That's a nice explanation from DW, regarding the MABRC and what happened with Ed Smith. However, it was an explanation and not an apology. In fact, it rather enthusiastically justifies their actions and behavior over the past 4 years.

Not once, did they apologize to the individuals and groups they hammered on their forum for casting doubts on the credibility of Ed Smith. Less than a week ago they were attacking people for asking questions and accusing them and Ed of being hoaxers.

Now, they claim to have been duped. I don't doubt they may have had the wool pulled over their eyes.

However, the next step, after admitting they were made to look foolish, is to make amends to those they stepped on in the vigorous defense of the man that dragged them along by the nose.

People tried to warn them and rouse them from their lethargy but were attacked, as a result.

How about a little love to those that questioned Ed Smith and attempted to save the MABRC from being tied to a hoax?

We've heard the circumstances and now it's time for amends.

Guest RedRatSnake

That's a nice explanation from DW, regarding the MABRC and what happened with Ed Smith. However, it was an explanation and not an apology. In fact, it rather enthusiastically justifies their actions and behavior over the past 4 years.

Not once, did they apologize to the individuals and groups they hammered on their forum for casting doubts on the credibility of Ed Smith. Less than a week ago they were attacking people for asking questions and accusing them and Ed of being hoaxers.

Now, they claim to have been duped. I don't doubt they may have had the wool pulled over their eyes.

A RRS moment of inspiration ~ Brought to you because I thought of it and because of the post I quoted ~ What! If some of these people really where not fighting with each other, and really all working together just to keep us all fixed on BF so they can keep making a few bucks with web site hits and promotion stuff, wouldn't that be silly, Huh!

Edited by RedRatSnake

A RRS moment of inspiration ~ Brought to you because I thought of it and because of the post I quoted ~ What! If some of these people really where not fighting with each other, and really all working together just to keep us all fixed on BF so they can keep making a few bucks with web site hits and promotion stuff, wouldn't that be silly, Huh!

I didn't want to be the one that said it, but, now that you mention it, they did receive substantial recognition for Ed Smith's efforts. This resulted in significant traffic to their website and an increase in membership.For lack of a better term; a virtual windfall. Especially since their forum has never atrracted even half the traffic as the BFF and BFRO. These "big announcements" from Ed SMith have really put the MABRC in the spot light, so to speak.Regardless, until they show some humility and make amends, they're still going to continue to get heat.I'm curious if Ed will sit idly by and allow them to throw him under the bus? It takes two to tango...

Why is it when someone or a group gets skunked they end up pointing their finger at everyone else and don't take responsibility for their own actions? I read the statement and that's all I got out of it. It was everyone elses fault. What happened to "common sense"? Not one shred of evidence to show after 4 years and just taking a persons "Eds" word for it. Is it gullability or just plain ignorance or just wanting to be "THE ONES" connected to someone (cough---> Ed) to prove the existance so badly that they become arrogant.

To be honest I really liked DW, but when it comes to reputation, I believe in the 3 strikes and your out. The Bulletmaker saga, the childish behavior I witnessed at the last Honobia conference when some of the group sat outside the conference hall and gleefully enjoyed the dissapointment of the people who payed to hear Ketchum speak and instead had a rough audio and video to watch. Can't forget the "Foot" either. Now the Ed poo.

Yea, you guys got skunked but it's your own fault for not following through and digging deeper.

Yup, Ed gotcha but calling out a persons sexuality is being vindictive.

You guys did do a great job when you got the Honobia Conference started but it went to pure sour grapes when Troy stepped in.

Take responsibility and stop pointing the finger at everyone else.

Ed is the guilty party but now your guilty by association.

• Upvote 1

Jeez - if they'd played it differently you'd be criticising them for not taking a chance on what might have been the big break everyone's after.

Also, the dig about a "windfall" is out of line - I haven't seen any ads on the MABRC site? Do they charge for "Premium Access"?The one's making money off sagas like this are blogs like Bigfoot Evidence - the one's with the ads that they make the money from - which coincidentaly happen to kick along any dramas as often as they can for as long as they can.

Why do they owe you and apology? I can understand wanting an explanation - which you got - but why an apology? Are you a member there? Did the ruckus cause you personal harm?

Can anyone post an actual quote from someone like DW actually flat out saying that he thought it was all 100% legit and everyone should back off? I haven't seen one - everything I saw was optimistic, but realistic - he said repeatedly that he wasn't saying it was a lock.

What lethargy? DW explained the attempts to dig deeper, while still trying to keep bridges intact in case it was all legit. He also assisted others (incl Kulls) when they were looking for info and confirmation.

Have you actually looked at some of the files/docs/etc that Ed Smith posted on the MABRC forum? The level of detail was pretty extensive - especially the autocad plans etc. On the basis of those sorts of things alone it was worth playing it out.

Ed is the guilty party but now your guilty by association.

Lol - so where does that stop? You were a member there for a while, does that mean you're guilty by association with the associates?

Have you actually looked at some of the files/docs/etc that Ed Smith posted on the MABRC forum? The level of detail was pretty extensive - especially the autocad plans etc. On the basis of those sorts of things alone it was worth playing it out.

Lol - so where does that stop? You were a member there for a while, does that mean you're guilty by association with the associates?

Yes, I sure did look at some of the stuff posted in the beginning. "BUT" when the information started reading more like a movie script than reality I sat on my fingers and figured I'd just watch and wait for the boat to sink, I sure didn't think it would take FOUR friggin years.Yep I was a member of the MABRC group, I think I'm still a member on the forum, haven't logged in since I resigned after the original "yellow collar incident", AND the "I cannot deny or confirm" B/S!!!!!That was the final straw for me. "Am I guilty by association?" NO! Like I said in the above post, 3 strikes and your out.Forestguy, seriously would you have waited 4 years? Would you have only taken written documentation as evidence? Would you have been Eds spokesperson and put the reputation of a research group in this type of situation? Without ANYTHING to back up those claims?Yes or no? I would really like an answer to the above questions.Also, how would you have handled the original situation if "Mr Ed" had approached you with that sweet carrot that he had used to lure in DW and DO?How would anyone else have handled it?