Searching For Bigfoot In Oregon

• 1 month later...

Madison, I think this is a great way to use BFF. and I do look forward to how the summer pans out for you.

Your summary in the Hazards thread was great and I plussed it!

I agree about proving...but, I also think it would be a shame to not know for sure their needs....

b/c I do think   if the "paranormal" crowd is more correct, then proof won't be effective or occur...

and if the "ape" crowd is correct, then habitat needs and our response are a valid legislative/study issue and one I think we would take on honorably through the study part...and then decide the best course.

If the "relict human" crowd is correct, then the problems really do begin...but, I also think our compassion and understanding will come easier..and then habitat and legislation again a valid way to go.  

Once in a while my mood darkens, and I think humans or governments would seek extermination.  I don't know,  but I think not really, especially if proper advocates arise through more scientific study and the insanity of Bigfootery were to atrophy...

Edited by apehuman

I would hope that sanity would prevail and habitat and protection would be a priority should they ever be proven, but looking at history isn't exactly encouraging.

I am getting new hiking shoes in a couple of weeks and have the boys all decked out with hydration packs with the Essential Dozen items (and mine is more like "Madison's Essential 50") and we are getting ready!  We are doing small hikes and stuff on the weekends, nothing too far out there so far.  And we may have found a couple of new folks to join us on various hikes and events, so that will prove interesting.  I'm planning a fun summer, plus I am excited to get to where we were last summer and see if they are back.  

It will be an interesting summer, I hope!

Edited by madison5716

• 1 month later...

MISCELLANEOUS

Date: May 20, 2013
Time: early afternoon
Weather: Beautiful day, sunny high 60's (that's a guess)

What happened:  A friend and I went out near the Original Site to see if it was accessible now that the River has gone down a bit. It was!  She has had her own questions about sasquatch, so we were comparing information and keeping our eyes open for all those things we are "supposed" to be looking for.  We ended up walking all the way out there nearest we could get to the OS, and all around, including onto the camp grounds a little bit.  Didn't find anything squatchy, but we did see lots of human boot tracks all around.  We were a bit leary at being the only people out there the entire 1 1/2 or 2 hours we were out there.... and it made us a bit nervous.  What we did find was unidentified tracks - my friend says her friend thinks they are mountain lion tracks!

Since I haven't seen any sign of anything unusual in the places that I had questions on last summer/fall, (except for that eye shine once this winter from the trees), I am more and more of the opinion that they are migratory and were this close to town only because of the proximity of ripe field crops and gardens.  It's a theory and I hope to test it later on this summer by being regular in my trips out there during the months of August and September.  In the meantime, I am hoping to get a group set up to go on hikes in supposedly squatchy places.  I'll let you know how it all goes!

Edited by madison5716

Checking in.....be safe out there. If a cougar is in the area hopefully you have a can of pepper spray or some form of defense!

There are many reports of cougars around here.  Got a text the other day of another one sighted in a popular hiking canyon!  And yes, I usually carry some pepper spray.  I need a good hiking staff also methinks!  I also always carry a rather large pocket knife and if I'm truly out there in the woods, I usually have a very sharp belt knife under my shirt on my belt.  

And if I have the boys (I didn't this day, it was just me and a friend), then they wear bear bells and plus they are just NOISY, there's no way we sneak up and surprise ANYTHING when the boys are with me!

Edited by madison5716

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VASquatchin

I really enjoy how you have set up this thread and document your research. I look forward to reading your new reports in the future! Stay safe and have fun!

• 4 months later...

Well, summer turned out to be incredibly boring because the radiator in my van blew a hole and we were essentially house bound for the entire summer.  We did NOTHING.  Only very close to town hiking - no camping, no woods, no beach, no hiking.  It was miserable.  So, no bigfoot searching.  

However, we did get a new vehicle in mid-September - I am now the proud and lucky owner of a beautiful little Toyota RAV.  All wheel drive, new tires and in excellent shape.  NEXT summer may be much more interesting.  

I have decided, though, that if bigfoot exists (and I do believe they exist), that they are better off left alone, unless they take the initiative.  I will not be doing any searches solely for the purpose of finding evidence.  If we are hiking and stumble upon some, then I know enough now how to gather evidence and where to take it (or come here and ask).  But I've decided "live and let live" is my policy - plus, it gets too far into the woo woo area of this being a dual sentient-species planet and I I not sure how much I want to let those implications percolate into my every-day life.  And that's what I think - we live on a two species planet - one if very much dominant (homo sapiens) and the other, very much a minority population (them) - and there are too many uncomfortable questions as to why the information is supressed in various ways by various people and government entities.  

Anyway, just wanted to say hello - having been gone for six months - and check in.  Caio!

Edited by madison5716

• 1 month later...

Don't feel bad Madison. 2013 will go down as the worst year for me for getting out and about.

All my time, energy, and money went to the property I purchased next door.

I did get out in late September and we heard power knocks and the other guys heard some screams/calls before dawn in the Mt. Hood N.F.

Maybe 2014 will be better?

• 2 months later...

Well, I went on my first bigfooting trip of the year the other day up the Molalla River Corridor. It was a beautiful day and I had to get away. So I packed up all my goodies and gismos and did it.

When I got to the camp site I walked around and looked for tracks and other sign. Didn't find anything. I also did some single note whistles. No reply. At dusk I set out my FLIR and parabolic mic and recorder and let them record all night.

When I got home I reviewed my FLIR video. All I got was a mouse running around. Then I listened to the audio recording. I didn't get anything interesting. I may not of gotten anything good, but now I'm ready to get out and do more.

Now I'm planning either to hit the five hottest bigfoot sighting spots in Oregon or a camp trip in Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Central Oregon. Either way it should be fun. Hopefully the fuel prices will stay under four bucks a gallon.

• Upvote 2

Admin

Good Luck CMBigfoot with your outings.

Hey Thanks Guys!

Lately I've been suffering from CRS a lot. So I made a checklist and I put some of my gear in a pile in my room and one pile out in the garage. All I have to do now is charge the batteries in my equipment, load my truck, and get out and do it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

It's $3.93 for a gallon of regular unleaded now and I got 4 of my 5 hottest bigfoot sighting/activity areas done.

Area #1: Elev. around 1200ft. The BLM shut this spot down.  I heard a ruffed grouse drumming during the day.

Area #2: Elev. around 1200ft. The BLM shut this spot down.

Area #3: Elev. around 1800ft. The BLM shut this spot down, had logging across the canyon during the day and a helicopter flying around at night. I heard blue grouse during the day and I got my first skeeter bite of the year here.

Area #4: Elev. around 3500ft. The State shut this spot down. I heard a pika during the day and as long as I walked into the wind I was fine. But as soon as I stopped or turned around I would get a face full of skeeter!

Area #5: Elev. around 3800ft. I think I'll wait until Sept/Oct to go here.

My property is around the 500ft elevation and I haven't seen a skeeter here yet. Just yellowjackets and bunglebees.