Anthropologist Kathy Strain Suggests That Native Americans And Even Early English Settlers Voluntarily Bred With Bf

I don't find the idea of interbreeding with sasquatch impossible, since so many Native American legends suggest that it happened, I do question the "voluntary" aspect of it. I've only read ONE voluntary story.

No offense to the OP, but I find this incredibly unlikely.

For one, consider the large difference in size between the average Native American woman (I assume the pairing would be "Native American woman/male Bigfoot" instead of the other way around). Most Bigfoot sightings I've read about put them at around eight feet tall or larger, and weighing several hundred pounds. The average size of a Native American woman of that era is unclear, but I can't imagine it being over 5 foot 5 or so, and maybe 120 pounds at the most. The act of copulation alone might well kill the woman, not to mention the stress involved on a human body giving birth to a Bigfoot child.

And I simply can't get my head around a human being looking at a Bigfoot and thinking, "Yes, I could have sex with that..." Look at Patty...she doesn't seem THAT close to us!

BFF Patron

The more interesting part of the discussion to me is the discussion that intermarriage may have occurred willingly but the thought processes that they (Sasquatch) did not use blankets or baskets appropriately leads to the assumption they are stupid animals lower than humans and closer to wood apes (yet other legends have them trading for food leaving return gifts etc.).

There is alot that does not contemporaneouly fit with these assumptions in a parsimonious way and I'm hoping someday the proof of the "intelligence" issue and interbreeding or even hybridization will take some of these myths and legends and place them in proper modern perspective.

All in all I enjoyed the talk about the legend of the clan of the Sasquatch in native American context.

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

No way, German settlers maybe, but not English ones..;)

• Upvote 1

Guest RedRatSnake

Depending on what the Indians or settlers were calling a Bigfoot, was it some crazy mountain men or humans suffering from some deformity, cause if it was a hairy ape, I don't think you could make offspring with them anyway, and if by chance it did happen what would it be, genetics could give them a baby Xenomorth for all we know.

It's an interesting watch and not to far fetched, anything is possible, and the stories are fascinating. Hey RRS, grab your cousin, we need the DNA!!! I just couldn't resist that. Sorry Me bad!!!! :o

Guest roblester

I don't find the idea of interbreeding with sasquatch impossible, since so many Native American legends suggest that it happened, I do question the "voluntary" aspect of it. I've only read ONE voluntary story.

For one, a key word " legends ".....

I would like to see verification of this, and not from a bigfoot site. More from a research site on Indians.

The " legends " are legends of white men making up Indian legends.

Someone asked why this is not believable?

Indians back then had more self respect then any of us today. What makes anyone think a woman back then would even let anything like this happen.

I am sorry, but as someone said, this does make me think some researchers are nuts. This is going beyond over the top.

You can not breed a person with a Ape and produce offspring.

It takes well over 15,000 years for something to evolve.

I will stop there.

Edited this before posting as Rob already said it. Stories don't constitute evidence and it's unlikely Humans could successfully breed with even a close relative. If they did, where are the descendants? Although I suspect I know what the answer to that will be...

I can understand the desire to believe something like this but without evidence it's nothing. Researchers should probably stick to proving the species first, before working on it's personal relationships.

Well, this is one of those things that induces eyerolls, and I don't really believe it ever happened.

However, we can looks at known facts and at least give it a "plausible" on the myth busters scale.

It is known many Native American tribes believed "powers" could be imparted by breeding. The Lewis and Clark expedition being a case. Many Native Americans wanted their women to breed with the whites as they saw the whites as having some "strong medicine" and they wanted that in their lineage. Case in point is York, the servant who was highly regarded by Native Americans. Some though he was perhaps descended from the buffalo and would readily offer up women for him, there was said to be one warrior who "gave him" his wife for the night and stood guard to make sure things were successful.

That's all together different than bigfoot however, and I have not seen many cases where Native Americans were said to have interacted with BF on such a basis. Mostly, they saw BF much as we do, not very often and were as equally puzzled by him.

So as I say, this is one of those "plausible", but not likely scenarios in my book.

Guest RedRatSnake

It's an interesting watch and not to far fetched, anything is possible, and the stories are fascinating. Hey RRS, grab your cousin, we need the DNA!!! I just couldn't resist that. Sorry Me bad!!!! :o

Lol ~

Guest Theagenes

Joking aside, if BF is real, and is closely related to us, then it would amaze me if there was not purposeful interbreeding.

It's the "if it's real" part that is the leap, not the interbreeding.

Actually I should clarify. There's a second leap: "closely related to us."

If BF is real, and is just a hirsute form of a closely-related hominin, then there is no reason why there wouldn't be interbreeding between the two groups---even intentional interbreeding. The evidence of interbreeding between H. sapiens and at least three different hominins in the Old World would support this. Intentional doesn't necessarily mean consensual---it would probably be more like trading women whether they liked it our not in order to maintain good relations and social ties.

If BF is real and just a bipedal ape like a Paranthropus or Gigantipithecus relative then it's not likely.

I could easily see that happening if a woman was alone and starving. She might join the BF band to survive the winter and not be inclined to fend off a frisky male she might see as a protector. Especially if the other males in the band were larger and or more aggressive. Stranger things have happened.

I would imagine that they would not actually want to have BF children, but nature does have its way with people.

I see two problems people are incurring: 1) People aren't taking into account that BF isn't just an ape but rather a hominin close enough to breed with us. 2) People of that day thought differently from us.

Some of the guys involved in this thread, simply think back to your youth and how hormones were raging. I personally know two guys who had sex with their dog. I know one woman who did. In the Army I met a number of guys from rural areas who had no problem sharing that their first experiences were with farm animals.

Imagine if it's as suspected and BF are very close to being human. Now imagine the time being the early 1800's. Times aren't as they are today, elements and danger from starvation are front and center.

Now if the peoples of that time were more aware of BF and how they lived, would it not be enticing to some women (who possibly didn't have a husband) to form a "bond" with a BF? I mean a BF may not have a problem catching prey for food. They may have access to underground caverns which were warm enough for a human. A squatch wife may have lived like a queen!

Now this hinges on whether some of the stories and reportings are true. I read one about a guy kidnapped by a female squatch and held captive. He said she kept him in a cave and brought him deer and bears which SHE killed. He didn't state she could speak but they communicated with gestures. Like he asked her how she killed the bears and she made a motion with her strong arms indicating she did so with her hands.

Perhaps we've gotten so comfy that we believe we know most things when actually we've forgotten a whole lot?