Anthropologist Kathy Strain Suggests That Native Americans And Even Early English Settlers Voluntarily Bred With Bf

Guest RedRatSnake

easy now...

as a southerner with northern inlaws, i can honestly say redneck is a universally accurate term to describe many on both sides of the mason-dixon line.

I use the term RedNeck a lot, mostly just to have fun cause in movies and such they are associated with trailer parks, riding around in pickup's filled water, a fondness for drinking shine and carrying shot guns, But! you know something, I live in Massachusetts and we ain't much different from that stereotype at all, we got's us some fine Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts, always sold out, bikers with long beards covered in tats, trailer parks and plenty of beer, pickup trucks and daisy duke women,( in the summer of course) anyway since we northerner's kicked some southern ass, we have all blended rather well ~ lol

Lets face it, we were all a bit hairier and stinkier 100 + years ago, was there really that big of a difference once you get past the hygiene issue?

Guest roblester

Lets face it, we were all a bit hairier and stinkier 100 + years ago, was there really that big of a difference once you get past the hygiene issue?

About 500 lbs, who knows on girth and length of other areas....

OK, Folks - Let's discuss this topic like adults!

It will make the topic much better to discuss this without crass comments. Also, please refrain from comparisons to either gender for the purpose of cracking jokes. If you can't discuss this in a reasonably adult manner you'd best be expecting punitive measures.

This is an official Mod Statement.

See

easy now...

as a southerner with northern inlaws, i can honestly say redneck is a universally accurate term to describe many on both sides of the mason-dixon line.

I was born & raised in Florida. My parents were both born & raised in Indiana. The states I've lived in the longest {besides FL} are Alabama, Maryland, & North Carolina. 'Nuff said....

Guest RedRatSnake

I was born & raised in Florida. My parents were both born & raised in Indiana. The states I've lived in the longest {besides FL} are Alabama, Maryland, & North Carolina. 'Nuff said....

Hi KS

Haven't talked with you in a while, keep up that good sense of humor you always had :)

What do you think about this inbreeding stuff, I don't think a human could knock up a BF, so if there is a slight chance of truth to the old stories, what ya think the old folks were trying to describe, was BF an ape or just a big ole mountain man that took advantage of the Indians superstitions and ran with it.

Tim

Hi KS

Howdy....

Haven't talked with you in a while, keep up that good sense of humor you always had :)

Yeah, spending too much time on FACELESSBOOK.

“Good sense of humor�?? I doubt that.... ;)

What do you think about this inbreeding stuff, I don't think a human could knock up a BF, so if there is a slight chance of truth to the old stories, what ya think the old folks were trying to describe, was BF an ape or just a big ole mountain man that took advantage of the Indians superstitions and ran with it.

I just don't know. I have my doubts about them being 'human' enough to reproduce with us. Not to be too 'graphic', but I suspect they could copulate with us, but it would not produce offspring. However, it's by no means a certainty that they can't reproduce with us. ALSO, I've begun to think there might be two species in N. America, and one is more human than the other. While I have my doubts about that as well, I can't completely eliminate that posibility, either....

Edited this before posting as Rob already said it. Stories don't constitute evidence

Actually, they do...you can say that they may or may not be strong evidence, but they are in fact evidence.

and it's unlikely Humans could successfully breed with even a close relative. If they did, where are the descendants?

There are living populations of HSS/Neanderthal hybrids and HSS/Denisova hybrids alive today. If Ketchum's study comes through as accurate, BF itself would be a third living population of hybrids.

Just pointing out the facts. Not going anywhere NEAR the "willing" part.

Bigfoot inter-breeding with young Native women? Perhaps, but what better explanation could you give to a superstitious husband who suspects you of indiscretions with someone else, and wants to end the life of any suspected lover, than to tell him the mystical cannibalistic wood-ape was the culprit? Hubby would back off in a heartbeat.

Word would spread through the village, and maybe other indiscretions would be described in the same manner, thus giving birth figuratively to the bigfoot carried me off in a woven basket legend, and literally to any indiscretion that produced a bigfoot man-child result.

Or it could be that the events happened as described and it was accepted by the people at the time because it was a fact of life.

The gullible scribe who records these so-called historical facts is merely perpetuating the legend.

Or recording an accurate account of historical knowledge passed down orally through the generations.

We also have legends of Grendel, the Laestrygonians, and the Minotaur, but that doesn't make them true.

RayG

Nor does the alleged falsity of those legends make the aboriginal accounts of interbreeding with BF false.

By the way, Ray, you should have looked at the Grendel entry before you linked to it...note the featured illustration of the thing... ;)

For this to be a voluntary act wouldn't it be very difficult for a chief or a warrior to suddenly suggest that they fancy some BF attributes in their bloodline? We would have to assume that interaction between species was very common. By comparison today we all know the odds of actually hearing one/seeing one/molested by one or god forbid, seduce one!

Is there any evidence that these 'encounters' produced the results hoped? Can remember reading an account years ago about a first nation girl giving birth to a supposed hybrid child. It was an interesting tale but seemed to be just that.

I personally know two guys who had sex with their dog. I know one woman who did. In the Army I met a number of guys from rural areas who had no problem sharing that their first experiences were with farm animals.

Yes, it's the old story..."She was a bitch, but I loved her"...