Anthropologist Kathy Strain Suggests That Native Americans And Even Early English Settlers Voluntarily Bred With Bf

We have a recent finding showing a purported bigfoot to be a black bear.

I did not want top mention that, for fear of being burned at the stake :)

Let us be accurate. There was a recent finding showing a sample that was thought to possibly be from a bf in fact came from a bear.

It isn't a rejection that is conscious; it is a rejection that is biological. If the body of one animal doesn't recognize the semen, it can reject it. Even a human female doesn't get pregnant from every ejaculation that occurs, either, so a wild animal mating with a human female would seem to be even more astronomically improbable. (yuck, this is getting disgusting!)

My whole point is to bring into the discussion the idea that human or animal semen are not automatically going to hybridize and create some cross-bred offspring. Maybe scientists could make it happen in a laboratory, but not without some extremely improbable and difficult management handling outside the womb?

Obviously, closely aligned animals such as canines and felines have mated. I was referring to mating between any two animals far apart, be it humans with horses or apes. Is there any record of cross-breeding between humans and apes? I would like to hear about a more modern experiment, if there have been any. Neanderthal man, maybe?

I think we may see DNA taken from a Siberian woolly mammoth and planted inside a pachyderm during our lifetimes. Scientists think the two animals might be close enough to make it happen.

The OP in this thread showed a video where a graduate student hypothesizes that Native Americans mated with Sasquatch. I'm not saying that there wasn't ever any attempt to mate--I am merely saying that I doubt if any offspring could have occurred.

There's this little thing called the Ketchum Study...you should check out that thread.

You're coming at it from the "ape" camp. Hence your problem.

Human/ape = unlikely.

Human/hominid = not only likely but documented to have happened at least twice in our history that we know of.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't understand the argument that two different species can't have an offspring. It's been pretty well documented that they can if they are similar enough genetically. Different numbers of chromosomes won't stop it either. Zebras and horses are one example of two different species that have different numbers of chromosomes, yet they than can still hybridize.

If they are 8 feet tall,and weigh 600lbs, are you going to say no!

What does he drive? Am I getting dinner and a movie? How long have we been dating? Has he put a ring on it? How's his credit rating? Are his parents married?

Your question is too vague.

What does he drive? Am I getting dinner and a movie? How long have we been dating? Has he put a ring on it? How's his credit rating? Are his parents married?

Your question is too vague.

I think your question should be..........."Is my bottle of pepper spray big enough?"

Guest tomafoot

Before anyone gets carried away with this, what I said is that traditional stories say freely mated with bigfoot for the benefit of his skills (i.e., hunting). In no way, shape or form do I know this happened or necessarily believe it happened. There is no evidence to suggest it did.

I, for one, found this to be both interesting and entertaining - very nice presentation of information and discussion.I know Henry Franzoni did a lot of work back in the day investigating native names for specific geographic places and the adopted english names, many of which seem to turn up as "devil" or "spirit." How do the stories you have analyzed fit with those observations? Your information seems to indicate that bigfoot would tend to be seen by native peoples as an earthly entity with some special powers. Does Coyote also receive special recognition in the naming of places or geological features?

Guest thermalman

Would this make my Seminole Indian cousins down in FLA part BF, because I'll tell ya when my cousin Susan gets mad she could throw a pickup truck down the road a good twenty or thirty feet.

LOL....I'd marry her. Because then, I wouldn't have to carry snow shovels in my truck and worry about getting stuck in a snow bank! :)

Edited by thermalman

No way, German settlers maybe, but not English ones.. ;)

lol

:gaming:

BTW if BF is ever discovered, I hope that doesnt create a whole new PRON genre. :o

Edited by hesse

Is it just me, or is there a lot of latent racism/sexism in this thread?

Maybe I am just too sensitive.

Snicker/snort whenever this topic comes up all I can think of is teenage hormonal shifts. I had a social studies teacher who posed a question about surviving a sinking ship and almost all of the boys in the class started talking about establishing a breeding population on a deserted island.

Human/hominid = not only likely but documented to have happened at least twice in our history that we know of.

three times that we know of

Guest Theagenes

three times that we know of

Four if you include the fact that Neanderthal and Denisovan also interbred with each other. What we've learned in the last couple of years is that whenever archaic humans interact, they end up in the sack. If BF is a hominin and not just a bipedal ape there should be every expectation that they interbred with modern humans given the opportunity.

Edited by Theagenes

I, for one, found this to be both interesting and entertaining - very nice presentation of information and discussion.I know Henry Franzoni did a lot of work back in the day investigating native names for specific geographic places and the adopted english names, many of which seem to turn up as "devil" or "spirit." How do the stories you have analyzed fit with those observations? Your information seems to indicate that bigfoot would tend to be seen by native peoples as an earthly entity with some special powers. Does Coyote also receive special recognition in the naming of places or geological features?

I see, Tomafoot, that you have 12 posts, making you a newcomer here and a noob perhaps to the subject, as wellHairyman should not be forced to toot her own horn but I will do it for her:......; She is an anthropologist. She is THE expert in the area of bigfoot in relation to Native Americans, as far as I know. ...See her book, http://www.amazon.co...ibals monsters ....I own a copy and have read it. ......It is pretty authoritative.......From Amazon:.....Kathy Moskowitz Strain received her B.A. in Anthropology (1990) and M.A. in Behavioral Science (emphasis Anthropology; 1994) from California State University, Bakersfield. She is currently the Forest Heritage Resource and Tribal Relations Programs Manager for the Stanislaus National Forest. Kathy has been a professional archaeologist/anthropologist for 20 years, and conducting research and fieldwork on 'Hairy Man' for nearly as long. She lives in Sonora, California with her husband Bob.

Edited by Kings Canyon

"Devil" does appear as a term used to describe bigfoot (for example Mountain Devil). Spirit doesn't though as best as I can remember.One of my favorite presentations I give is on geographical locations named after bigfoot or landscapes that tribal people associate with bigfoot (and have stories regarding that landscape). But yes, coyote does have places named after him - probably not as many though.