High End Research Gear And Equipment

NathanFooter

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Apparently you have not gone past the male scent counter lately at your local Macy's.    There is little difference between scents women and men wear any more.    That is probably why places like the Blue Oyster Bar have gone out of business in this area.    But my point is if we have a creature that cannot be tracked because of how fast it moves,  why not do something to draw it in?  

You are correct. I have not been to the 'male scent' counter, period.  I'll pass on the 'Estrogen #9'.  Draw it/them in by being yourself.  You previously had a post with " being worthy' for an encounter(s). My previous comment was 'personality' being positive or negative.  I do not 'block' my scent. They know what you and I:  look like, sound like, smell like.

If you go out into the field with a new Foo-Foo olfactory signaling test and hear samurai chatter, you have 2 scenarios:  they are talking about you or they are laughing their asses off.  I have heard samurai chatter,  and not heard samurai laughter ( cackling ).

BFF Patron

If I can do something to get them to laugh or talk about me,  it is better than doing nothing and just have them let me walk past.   I am long past caring about what people think.    Much of what I do in the field is to increase my chances of encounter because of being unpredictable or different.   Those are my tactics and I will stack them up against some BFRO dude in the dark out whacking trees with an axe handle or making vocalizations.     How many of them have BF pictures?    Oh I forget how hard it is to take night pictures.   

A low cost non-food, non-human scent  olfactory test is to put dryer sheets in your pockets. I have not tried this but read that the sheets will repel insects. Better in pockets than your dryer.  Years ago, I read that some/all have silicone and it transfers to your  towels. Over time, the towels loose absorbency.

"dude in the dark" is a funny term. I do not wood knock or call blast.  I just received my new 12VDC 940nm light.

Do you remember phermone chips/bait that were discussed on BFF 1.0 ?  I think that food works better.  Peanut butter seems to work well and low tech.

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text

What type of pheromone was used and I wonder where they would go to get it?  I've seen prey scent available in hunting stores but I don't think we're talking about that.

10 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What type of pheromone was used and I wonder where they would go to get it?  I've seen prey scent available in hunting stores but I don't think we're talking about that.

Unknown 'secret sauce' claimed to be  a blend of ape and human phermones. A lot of monkey business. Unproven.  I am searching my grey matter. I think that the concept started with a guy in northern California. Perhaps some test batches were made in Texas. Commercial sales came from Osmic Research corp., Minnesota,  aka Dr. JuiceR. For a cached website ad, check Jon Jones @jonjones on twitter for Sasquatch Phermones. Entertaining.

A person would have to search BFF 1.0 and AIBR to track down all the personalities.

I used to work with a guy who was a trapper.  Unbelieveable stink baits. Very different approach to olfactory signaling as compared to 'food smells'.

• gigantor featured this topic
On 2/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, Catmandoo said:

I used to work with a guy who was a trapper.  Unbelieveable stink baits. Very different approach to olfactory signaling as compared to 'food smells'.

Unbelievable as to how bad the "stank" was? Or unbelievable as to how well they worked.

Both. A Montana trapper that no one would mess with or certain possesions would have a special smell.......for life.  He had containers of 'secret sauce' in his garage. He would 'flavor' his baits for type of animal, time of season, rutt etc.  According to him, a group that is larger than 3 is a herd.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, Catmandoo said:

You are correct. I have not been to the 'male scent' counter, period.  I'll pass on the 'Estrogen #9'.......

If somebody can point me to some science that establishes the male use of scents to draw women in, I’d consider playing with it....

On 2/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, MichaelX said:

Unbelievable as to how bad the "stank" was? Or unbelievable as to how well they worked.

Both. 

BFF Patron
26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

If somebody can point me to some science that establishes the male use of scents to draw women in, I’d consider playing with it....

I have been assured by a couple of women that the scent they like the best is that of money.  As I recall, there was even a male fragrance years ago,   that was supposed to smell like money.    I suppose that the real thing may work with some women.   The old man and the trophy wife thing seemed very common when I was in California last weekend.  

• Haha 2

^^^ Do you think going modern and the smell of PayPal will work?    Or, tell Sherman to set the WAYBAK machine to last century and use Old Spice.

• 2 weeks later...

PAYPAL??!! That's for children. This is a high end gear thread so no one should try anything less than bitcoins. Careful though a robot might come out of the woodwork and demand dinner and a drink.

Still here Hiflier?  I thought that you were going to pick up your toys and dollies and leave the BFF.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 2/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, Catmandoo said:

A low cost non-food, non-human scent  olfactory test is to put dryer sheets in your pockets. I have not tried this but read that the sheets will repel insects. Better in pockets than your dryer.  Years ago, I read that some/all have silicone and it transfers to your  towels. Over time, the towels loose absorbency.

"dude in the dark" is a funny term. I do not wood knock or call blast.  I just received my new 12VDC 940nm light.

Do you remember phermone chips/bait that were discussed on BFF 1.0 ?  I think that food works better.  Peanut butter seems to work well and low tech.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/evolved-habitats-hog-wild-attractant-16ehauvlvdhbttshghbg/16ehauvlvdhbttshghbg?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040953047525_pla_pla-506410547685&gclid=Cj0KCQjws5HlBRDIARIsAOomqA3vnQNHPgYC1HJGRN62fcXR7ZxNloWd0deaneg9oHUsSoaXla_-ERsaAjA8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hog Wild brand, heavy black cherry and molasses scent, I used some of this in Sasquatch research and had to beat back numerous undesirable species to target the real deal and actually got some bipedal run-bys with a loud screech or two (burning rubber and putting in reverse), lol   Use at your own risk, every predator within miles will be on you like stink on a skunk, two-legged, feathered, four legged, tailed and tail-less.   I think it was this stuff that broke me of the baiting scene and I drifted back to  fruits and peanut butter

Edited by bipedalist
  • Thanks 1

BFF Patron

If a strong food scent causes such a strong reaction from the wildlife in the area it does not seem very safe to introduce pheromones to elicit some sort of sexual attraction into the equation when sex is number one and food is number two in animal response priorities.    In dealing with BF I have always had the feeling that from their way of looking at things I am the experimental subject rather than the other way around.    

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic